Widgets Magazine
Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1369

Thread: Chisholm Creek

Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Quote Originally Posted by Cowpoke55 View Post
    Same guy that did Ganache Patisserie I believe.
    Great guy and love that place but this seems very strange to me. Is he literally going to build a concept that’s going to compete with his own location a couple hundred feet away? I hope this place has a more cozy bakery vibe.

^

Bibi's ice cream next to Birra Birra is absolutely killing it, far surpassing the expectations of the operator.

You have all those huge restaurants which are doing great business, then tons of people out walking around that little lake. He probably sees it as a completely separate market, even though it's a block away for his other store.

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    Great guy and love that place but this seems very strange to me. Is he literally going to build a concept that’s going to compete with his own location a couple hundred feet away? I hope this place has a more cozy bakery vibe.
    It'll be quite a bit different than Ganache from my understanding. Definitely more of a coffee house feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Bibi's ice cream next to Birra Birra is absolutely killing it, far surpassing the expectations of the operator.

You have all those huge restaurants which are doing great business, then tons of people out walking around that little lake. He probably sees it as a completely separate market, even though it's a block away for his other store.
    Makes sense. Well hopefully he sees the opportunity in putting in an outdoor ordering window like Bibi’s has.

I think he plans on offering more traditional items that are more popular.

Hey just heard Chisholm Creek owners/entities & the Wards are being sued by a former partner.......anyone know the story?

OSCN docket #cj-2019-2128
    https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCase...8&cmid=3761908

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner-red5 View Post
    Hey just heard Chisholm Creek owners/entities & the Wards are being sued by a former partner.......anyone know the story?

OSCN docket #cj-2019-2128
    https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCase...8&cmid=3761908
    wow, that is one of the worst Complaints I’ve ever read, and Lord knows that I’ve seen some bad Complaints in my day.

Ted Cruz ain’t walking through that door.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Has anyone heard anything new about Alamo drafthouse? They had said up and running within a year in an article several years ago. But that kind of “get” in Oklahoma normally means 3 to 4 years. I.E. Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, Costco. But I haven’t heard anything. Is it still in the works at all?

I’d imagine that a fine establishment like Alamo would go to an actual mixed-use development, such as the one being built at American Fidelity.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    I’d imagine that a fine establishment like Alamo would go to an actual mixed-use development, such as the one being built at American Fidelity.
    The brand new Alamo in Denton is not a mixed use building. It’s in a brand new suburban style development without sidewalks even connecting to apartments being built across the street.

Ate at Razzoos yesterday and was very impressed! Our waitress was garbage, but food was very good!

this is the very definition of a mixed use development

The Half, the development south of American Fidelity, is getting Flix Brewhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    this is the very definition of a mixed use development
    Uh . . . no. An actual mixed-use development is walkable.

Throwing a few offices on top of street-facing retail does not a mixed-use development make.

Throwing a few offices on top of street-facing retail does not a mixed-use development make.
    The next few phases are truly mixed-use. I know it goes against your narrative, but Chisholm Creek is nowhere near finished.

The Alamo deal is still on, just taking their time on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    The brand new Alamo in Denton is not a mixed use building. It’s in a brand new suburban style development without sidewalks even connecting to apartments being built across the street.
    Yup, and it's pretty suburban tbh. I still like it and it will probably be a similar plan for this development.

19. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

I'm enjoying this discussion about walkable and mixed-use development. I'd encourage you to look again at the plans for The Half. It's about 25 acres of surface parking with a handful of restaurants and hotels scattered around the outside. It is mixed-use and walkable in the sense that Belle Isle is mixed-use and walkable if you want to walk across the parking lot between Walmart and Chili's and T-Mobile.

As it stands Chisholm Creek is miserable to walk around (I've tried) and it's not even that great to drive around. The mix is heavily skewed towards restaurants. My sincere hope is that the next phase, the middle chunk of the site, is going to be built out as planned, with smaller tenancy retail and restaurant uses (and apartments, dental clinics, civil engineers offices, etc.) facing on to streets with sidewalks and the parking garages hidden behind. I'm sure there are better examples of this, but if it comes out half as good as Zona Rosa in Kansas City MO we should count ourselves lucky.

YESSSS.

Chisholm is a MIX OF USES, but it is not mixed use. The development as a whole will never be mixed use when there's so much single-use, one & two story development.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timtoomany View Post
    I'm enjoying this discussion about walkable and mixed-use development. I'd encourage you to look again at the plans for The Half. It's about 25 acres of surface parking with a handful of restaurants and hotels scattered around the outside. It is mixed-use and walkable in the sense that Belle Isle is mixed-use and walkable if you want to walk across the parking lot between Walmart and Chili's and T-Mobile.

As it stands Chisholm Creek is miserable to walk around (I've tried) and it's not even that great to drive around. The mix is heavily skewed towards restaurants. My sincere hope is that the next phase, the middle chunk of the site, is going to be built out as planned, with smaller tenancy retail and restaurant uses (and apartments, dental clinics, civil engineers offices, etc.) facing on to streets with sidewalks and the parking garages hidden behind. I'm sure there are better examples of this, but if it comes out half as good as Zona Rosa in Kansas City MO we should count ourselves lucky.
    I will say that I was able to walk from the bus stop at Penn and Highland Park to the Top Golf, all on sidewalks, so at least that part is decent.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I will say that I was able to walk from the bus stop at Penn and Highland Park to the Top Golf, all on sidewalks, so at least that part is decent.
    Yeah, but "able to walk" doesn't mean it's enjoyable or even easy.

I love how Pete keeps reminding everyone this development is no where near finished but the discussion insists on judging it as-is.

I love how Pete keeps reminding everyone this development is no where near finished but the discussion insists on judging it as-is.
    How do you think finishing the development will improve the first phases that are car-focused?

typically it doesn’t make sense to judge a development based on things that aren’t built yet.

you know, because they may not be built.

Thread Information