Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678954 ... LastLast

Thread: Chisholm Creek

Default Re: Chisholm Creek

I noticed they still have space for "grocery," which could mean they're still holding out hope for getting a Costco eventually. It could be an Uptown Grocery even, and I'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It has to be. I don't think they would waste that much space just for landscaping.
    But there are a few buildings facing Memorial that look to be pad sites and we have no confirmation of them. You can understand my confusion.

Who knows? Maybe they have plans for a big sign/entrance area right there. I would think that area would be better used for something they could lease/sell though.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFP View Post
    I noticed they still have space for "grocery," which could mean they're still holding out hope for getting a Costco eventually. It could be an Uptown Grocery even, and I'd be happy.
    Luckily there is a Wal-Mart, Sam's and Target really close by so there is not a threat of them trying to move in there and ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFP View Post
    We've heard from Pete & others that Whole Foods really wants a store in the Quail Springs area. This could very easily be for them.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    We've heard from Pete & others that Whole Foods really wants a store in the Quail Springs area. This could very easily be for them.
    How about a Trader Joe's? Some place in that area should do well.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That is what I am thinking.

Default Re: Chisholm Creek Development

From News9

In 90 days, Chisholm Creek developers will break ground on a complex called Tract 30 that will house retail stores and restaurants with patio spaces.

None of those retailers have been announced yet.

- New Development Breaks Ground In NW OKC - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

9. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

is it safe to say this is already better than UNP?

also, Pete, what kind of hotel chain do you think would go in here? I would think it would be more than an express type. Something along the lines of the Embassy in UNP without the conference center.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Without question it is.

TopGolf and Cabela's as anchors versus Crest, Academy, Target and Kohl's as anchors? Yeah, I'd say so...

Blog Entries

also, Pete, what kind of hotel chain do you think would go in here? I would think it would be more than an express type. Something along the lines of the Embassy in UNP without the conference center.
    Actually, it is probably a candidate for a conferencing type hotel. There are no real meeting areas in far north OKC. Something like in UNP.

It's interesting that the Norman and Edmond conference hotels were heavily subsidized; Norman got a good one, Edmond got an awful looking one.

The Memorial Corridor and North OKC submarket in general are pretty strong office markets. I hope OKC doesn't also TIF the conference hotel here, but we probably will.

Blog Entries

I think this conference hotel will be private and not part of a tif incentive. The demand in the Memorial corridor is strong.

Excited about this development, but phase one so far hasn't impressed me. Anxious to see the housing and office development to see if it will be truly a mixed-use development, or just a cluster of big box retailers and a couple apartment complexes.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Excited about this development, but phase one so far hasn't impressed me. Anxious to see the housing and office development to see if it will be truly a mixed-use development, or just a cluster of big box retailers and a couple apartment complexes.
    If it continues to bring in new-to-market retailers and has a lifestyle-center feel, I will say the development will be a success. If it actually does have ample housing, that will be icing on the cake. If the final product is as ambitious as planned, I wonder if it will be competition for downtown. Thus far, OKC has lacked that cool, hip suburban area that a lot of cities have as an alternative to downtown. This could be OKC's shot at such an area. Is it in Edmond or OKC schools?

This is just a wish but I really hope it ends up with a cinema at least as nice as the Harkins. North OKC is really in need of something more modern than the AMC Quail Springs or Tinseltown. Maybe this would be a great opportunity for an Alamo Draft House.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Well, I am impressed by phase one, only because it has brought major retailers we haven't had, as bchris stated.

I do agree with you though that I hope phase two actually gets built as a lifestyle urban development.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    If it continues to bring in new-to-market retailers and has a lifestyle-center feel, I will say the development will be a success. If it actually does have ample housing, that will be icing on the cake. If the final product is as ambitious as planned, I wonder if it will be competition for downtown. Thus far, OKC has lacked that cool, hip suburban area that a lot of cities have as an alternative to downtown. This could be OKC's shot at such an area. Is it in Edmond or OKC schools?

This is just a wish but I really hope it ends up with a cinema at least as nice as the Harkins. North OKC is really in need of something more modern than the AMC Quail Springs or Tinseltown. Maybe this would be a great opportunity for an Alamo Draft House.

The Edmond school district goes to 1/2 mile south of Memorial so it should all be within their boundaries.

Is it me or does it seem less likely that Costco is coming to Chisholm creek??

^

If/when they come, I don't think it will be Chisholm Creek.

They really wanted the corner where St. Anthony is being built, then stalled and the property was sold out from under them. Then they came back, but decided they didn't like the options and decided to go to Tulsa first.

You can see by the more recent site plans for this development they are not allowing for anything the size of Costco.

They could have gone literally across the street. What is so bad about that?

Instagram

Someone is hinting at the possibility of a Fuzzy's in Chisholm Creek. I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by oakhollow View Post
    Instagram

Someone is hinting at the possibility of a Fuzzy's in Chisholm Creek. I wouldn't be surprised.
    You mean Texadelphia, right?

"...and maybe even tacos." I think you'll see a Fuzzys, not Texadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by oakhollow View Post
    "...and maybe even tacos." I think you'll see a Fuzzys, not Texadelphia.
    Are they under the same ownership group?

If anything, it would seem they're saying there will be a Texadelphia AND a taco place (or maybe they're opening a new dual concept).

Thread Information