Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567853 ... LastLast

Thread: Chisholm Creek

Default Re: Chisholm Creek Development

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFP View Post
    No problem. The pic actually shows traffic backed up through the PikePass lane. I was sitting on the off ramp waiting to get off the Turnpike. I bet there will need to be an extra lane added up at the light, but a Texas turnaround at Western would be difficult with the distance from one side of Memorial to the other. That intersection always felt weird since that's where Memorial goes back to being two way on the north side of the Kilpatrick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure a Texas turnaround would help that much. People are going to mostly be traveling north and south from Western, not back tracking west. It will be nice for Main Event, a sub division, and a handful of businesses, but probably not enough for the city to justify the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I'm not sure a Texas turnaround would help that much. People are going to mostly be traveling north and south from Western, not back tracking west. It will be nice for Main Event, a sub division, and a handful of businesses, but probably not enough for the city to justify the cost.
    Good point. The Texas Turnaround would do the most good at Penn on the side that doesn't have one, as someone mentioned earlier. I thought they were going to put one there when they did all the work on the one on the west side of the bridge, but they didn't. Probably will need to now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump

Thanks for bumping this. I've been trying to remember the name of this development

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    Thanks for bumping this. I've been trying to remember the name of this development
    Not a good sign

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Not a good sign
    They're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Not a good sign
    What's there to talk about? Road construction is pretty boring.

I've heard some rumblings of a Fuzzy's going in by Top Golf. Not sure if anything is set in stone, we shall see.

Road work has started and a good portion of the roads have been cut. I would've drove further in, but I just washed my car and already got it dirty as it is.

8/26/2014

St. Anthony Healthplex

Default Re: Chisholm Creek

So question regarding Chisolm Creek. Is the lifestyle center portion could to be built at the same time as the big boxes? Or is this going to be like UNP in that a few big box stores will be built and then a theoretical lifestyle center portion will come at some point down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    So question regarding Chisolm Creek. Is the lifestyle center portion could to be built at the same time as the big boxes? Or is this going to be like UNP in that a few big box stores will be built and then a theoretical lifestyle center portion will come at some point down the road?
    The way I saw it, this is being built in two phases. The first will be the roads and lower SE portion of it(big box retailers and some restaurants and the second phase will be the mixed use living/work/play units(lifestyle center) and the office buildings. However, if that is incorrect, please chip in.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    The way I saw it, this is being built in two phases. The first will be the roads and lower SE portion of it(big box retailers and some restaurants and the second phase will be the mixed use living/work/play units(lifestyle center) and the office buildings. However, if that is incorrect, please chip in.
    Do you know what the timeline is on building the two phases? What I hope is that there isn't a long delay between the phases which can open up the possibility for a "change of plans."

I'm not exactly sure, but I think phase two is around 2016.

This is a Google Earth aerial of the project site, as of May 4 2014. You can see the dirt being turned for where the roads will be.

Being as I am out of state for college I don't get to see progress updates for myself, so I'll rely on here a little more for the time being What is the progress on the infrastructure (roads), St. Anthony, and lastly Cabelas? Hoping more retailer will announce their opening in CC soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by tpg4635 View Post
    Being as I am out of state for college I don't get to see progress updates for myself, so I'll rely on here a little more for the time being What is the progress on the infrastructure (roads), St. Anthony, and lastly Cabelas? Hoping more retailer will announce their opening in CC soon!!
    I'll get some pictures soon. The roads are almost finished for phase one from what I can tell.

The roads are largely in, Top Golf is well along, St. Anthony is almost finished and Cabela's is just starting.

I know the developers are actively working on some high-quality apartments and are already marketing office buildings to be built.

I'm sure there will be a bunch more retailers and restaurant announced as this project progresses; the group out of Austin that is a partner is also handling all the marketing and they are pretty savvy.

New drone aerial of progress:

Also, their signs are updated at both entrances and they show that Top Golf, Cabelas, and St. Anthony Healthplex are coming. So people who don't keep up with these projects now know what to expect.

So, that the site of the Cabela's just behind the Healthplex?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    So, that the site of the Cabela's just behind the Healthplex?
    Yes.

Brianna Bailey just posted an article about the groundbreaking of the building between Cabela's and Top Golf. Here's the link:
    Three-story building with shops, restaurants, office space added to coming attractions at Chisholm Creek development | News OK

Also, here is the updated site map and 3D rendering of the development I found on the Chisholm Creek website:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3drender.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	335.2 KB 
ID:	9355Click image for larger version. 

Name:	site-plan-large_0.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	191.3 KB 
ID:	9356

I was going to post that yesterday, but didn't want to upload it via Facebook because the pictures always come out really large. Good to see that and I like the music venue.

Is there a particular reason there is such a large patch of green between Western and the retail and TopGolf development? Maybe it could be for future pad sites?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Is there a particular reason there is such a large patch of green between Western and the retail and TopGolf development? Maybe it could be for future pad sites?
    It has to be. I don't think they would waste that much space just for landscaping.

Thread Information