Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 123456752 ... LastLast

Thread: Chisholm Creek

Default Re: Chisholm Creek Development

We should probably build some sort of boulevard through here to handle the traffic...

News9 states Memorial & Western is already congested, but is it?

Traffic gets backed up getting off eastbound Kilpatrick onto Memorial before trying to turn left onto Western from about 5-6:30pm but it's not horrible most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    News9 states Memorial & Western is already congested, but is it?
    I don't believe so. Memorial and Penn is pretty congested but Memorial and Western actually has pretty light traffic. There's not much there yet as of now. I do think they should build another road into Chisolm Creek though. The biggest problem is not traffic on Memorial, its the fact that on each side of the turnpike it's only one way.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I don't believe so. Memorial and Penn is pretty congested but Memorial and Western actually has pretty light traffic. There's not much there yet as of now. I do think they should build another road into Chisolm Creek though. The biggest problem is not traffic on Memorial, its the fact that on each side of the turnpike it's only one way.
    Where at? There already extending Highland Park Dr to Western and Pawnee Dr will also be extended to intersect with the new Highland Park Drive. So that's access from Western, Penn, and both sides of Memorial via use of the Pawnee bridge over the turnpike.

I guess its about time to finish the other side of the Texas turnaround at Penn.

I think this area would be perfectly fine if we have "Texas Turnarounds" at the interchanges and then if western, penn, and may had medians to keep people from turning left and stopping traffic in the lane except for at left turn lanes at the red lights or if we had a middle turn lane all the way down the road.

Maybe the city will consider doing some of this soon.

I thought we did have turnaround lanes at Penn? Not Western?

What about Highland Road? (is that right? Between Mem & 122)

Penn has turnarounds on the west side...which doesn't happen anything for this development. We need them on the east side.

Highland needs repaved and then a better intersection at highland and penn with turning lanes.

One thing that might upset traffic in this area is that mostly everyone coming from the west to Western will have to turn north or south, depending on where they are going. Everyone coming from the the east on Memorial, will have to turn south or go down half a mile to turn left across the highway and enter the center. That could spell backups for a lot of cars if the lights aren't timed right.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Penn has turnarounds on the west side...which doesn't happen anything for this development. We need them on the east side.

Highland needs repaved and then a better intersection at highland and penn with turning lanes.
    They will most certainly improve the intersection and turn the light into a four way light before the new businesses at Chisholm Creek opens up. There will also be a light on Western.

From their Facebook page

Let the road construction begin!!!

Cool, although its strange they posted a picture of the truck delivering the equipment and not the equipment itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Cool, although its strange they posted a picture of the truck delivering the equipment and not the equipment itself.
    Didn't think about that. That is weird.

That also told me on their comments they plan on having the road and utility work done by early 2015

The roads and utilities should be complete by early 2015, if not earlier!

- https://www.facebook.com/ChisholmCre...615483/?type=1

This was getting off Kilpatrick eastbound onto Western about 5:20pm a couple days ago. Typical congestion seen during rush hour at the intersection.

By the way, I don't know of a separate thread for the St. Anthony's Healthplex, but I snapped a quick pic while at the stoplight. It's coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFP View Post
    This was getting off Kilpatrick eastbound onto Western about 5:20pm a couple days ago. Typical congestion seen during rush hour at the intersection.

Yeah, they are definitely going to have to do something about the timing of the lights for that area. The majority of those people are probably turning left to head north. Would be nice if they could sync up the lights so you would drive right through and then time the lights for the westbound traffic turning south to do the same.

Construction begins as per Brianna.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/4958796?embargo=1

Construction on the main roads and infrastructure for the 180-acre Chisholm Creek development has begun, and the developers expect additional retailers in the coming months to announce plans to locate at the site at Memorial Road and N Western.

Developer Medallion Management hopes to have most of the road and infrastructure on the large-scale, mixed use development complete in the first quarter of 2015 if not sooner, said Whitney Rainbolt, a broker for Medallion.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFP View Post

By the way, I don't know of a separate thread for the St. Anthony's Healthplex, but I snapped a quick pic while at the stoplight. It's coming along.

I am SOOOO sorry that you encountered a queue of traffic at 5:20. Your suffering is incomprehensible.

I am SOOOO sorry that you encountered a queue of traffic at 5:20. Your suffering is incomprehensible.
    I'm soooooo sorry we aren't spending every penny for sidewalks and a street car that will be used by a small portion of the population. They need to do something about this.

That "queue of traffic at 5:20" will turn into a queue of traffic for most of the day if a blind eye is turned to this. Thankfully our city is smarter about this and not biased.

The only force that could create a respectable traffic jam in OKC is a Chris Christie Tornado.

Not complaining at all. It actually didn't take that long. Just responding to someone else's question about whether traffic backs up there or not. It does. No need for the sarcasm.

Yeah, sorry if that came across harsh. I'm really not an ahole, my different tones of sarcasm don't read well online.

I'm sure future improvements for Western will include signal timing changes and 2 new dedicated turn lanes going south onto Western from the service road.

The photographed issue looks to be a toll booth at rush hour?

Yeah, sorry if that came across harsh. I'm really not an ahole, my different tones of sarcasm don't read well online.
    No problem. The pic actually shows traffic backed up through the PikePass lane. I was sitting on the off ramp waiting to get off the Turnpike. I bet there will need to be an extra lane added up at the light, but a Texas turnaround at Western would be difficult with the distance from one side of Memorial to the other. That intersection always felt weird since that's where Memorial goes back to being two way on the north side of the Kilpatrick.

Thread Information