Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Chisholm Creek

Default Re: Chisholm Creek

I believe at this point they probably wouldn't take Costco.

And Costco will have plenty of other options when the are ready to come to town.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    We will have to just disagree. I think its just a nicer Sam's Club. Its only special because there are zero in the city right now, but don't get me wrong it would still be nice if they built across Western.

Chisholm Creek would not be meeting its full potential if it became littered with big box stores.
    I agree with this. We had them in Cincinnati. They really just look like a Sam's from the outside, not really the right vibe for this complex.

First let me say that I shop Sam's Club often. I was up in Minn last week and did have some time to stop and shop Costco for a few items. If and when we get one, Ill add it to my shopping mix. I'm not a single store shopper, each one has items that I want. I'm hoping that soon they will have another site located for an Okc metro Costco.

Costco would be perfect for a shopping center like University North Park in my opinion. Not sure their first OKC metro location will be in Norman though.

You would like them in Norman and I would like to see them along I-35 in Edmond. Realisticly I think they would be better off building somewhere central. Maybe alone I-40 on the west side of town.

So when can we expect ground to break on the Tract30 section of Chisholm Creek?

I noticed they were clearing land on the east side of Western. What is going on over there?

I noticed they were clearing land on the east side of Western. What is going on over there?
    I don't think that is part of Chisholm Creek. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I don't think that is part of Chisholm Creek. I could be wrong.
    Well, I know, but I figured someone could direct me to a thread if one existed.

Well, I know, but I figured someone could direct me to a thread if one existed.
    I appreciated the head's up the dirt is turning on that site.

That large tract is owned by Dr. Dahr and there haven't been any transactions lately and I can find a building permit.

I'll keep my eye on it because he's owned for a long time and if there is now movement, something is afoot.

How much work could be done before applying for a building permit?

You can do site work without a permit; but foundations have to be inspected before going further.

13. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Although not at full height, it looks like all the posts are up that encloses the playing area at top golf. Really excited this is 5 min from me

This development keeps getting better and better. Great catch for OKC!

Oh my god. Are you kidding me? That is insane.

This development is going to be hectic when all is said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    This development is going to be hectic when all is said and done.
    That's a good thing though.

From what we know so far, Chisholm Creek is shaping up to be a development that even Charlotte would be envious of. Atlanta just got their first TopGolf last year and Charlotte doesn't have one. There is also no indoor skydiving in Charlotte.

This announcement makes me hopeful that we could get a Wave House, or something similar.

I thought we were getting something similar to that down by the river.

Ha, that is awesome. Seriously OKC, keep this up.

For all the negativity going around right now in regard to certain things, there are probably threefold the amount of things to be excited about.
    This will be really cool when done and something I will definitely make the trip down the turnpike to do.

Keep it up... Developments such as these are what keep the younger generations in town... there's things to do!

Seriously the coolest thing I can think of that OKC has gotten.

400+ likes on the okctalk.com facebook post! That has to be a record.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    400+ likes on the okctalk.com facebook post! That has to be a record.
    Our Trader Joe's post had more but the iFLY posting may end up passing it over the weekend.

23. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

With each development that is being proposed this place is turning more into a destination spot, esp when track 30 opens. To me that's someone who would be willing to stay a night in a hotel to go to these places. go do all your shopping, go to top golf, skydive a little, possibly main event, maybe a movie at the mall, the spend the night. I see people as far as Tulsa, Wichita, and texas panhandle coming here for this. I would expect the hotel to be announced soon, followed by a few more in this area. its pretty exciting to see a plot of land I grew up seeing as a field to be transformed into such a desirable area.

They seem to be close to announcing several tenants for Tract 30 and I know of at least one of them, and it's going to be a big deal.

This project is simply the first in OKC to take retail and recreation to an entirely new level, and there is still much more that seems to be close to coming to fruition:

1. A large indoor / outdoor music venue which would be completely unique to OKC
    2. Probably the only OKC area location for Lifetime Fitness, complete with pool and tennis courts
    3. A public market similar to what they have in Milwaukee (which I happen to think is one of the coolest retail developments I've ever seen)
    4. Dozens of restaurants and drinking establishments in a concentrated area
    5. Many retailers, businesses and restaurants completely new to Oklahoma
    6. Upscale apartments that will actually be integrated into the development rather than just sitting next to it
    7. Office space that will also be integrated into the overall project

Combined with the Glimcher properties, things are getting ready to change pretty quickly in the OKC retail/recreation/restaurant/apartment scene.

So it looks like its going to be LA Fitness instead of Lifetime Fitness?

Is the Rustic out of Dallas still associated with this development? I remember early on they were named as a potential tenant.

Lastly, do you see the entertainment aspects of this development competing with what is going on downtown or complimenting it?

Thread Information