Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fairfield Inn

Default Re: Fairfield Inn

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This project is out to bid and should be starting soon.

Would be the first new construction in Core to Shore other than the streetcar facility.
    Im elated about this. Its going to front the major intersection. I said this about the convention hotel as well, I hope we push for great landscaping. Liven up this corner.

Construction has started.

First private development in the Core 2 Shore area.

Blog Entries

How big a deal is it to move that electrical station? Seems like that could be fairly involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie1 View Post
    How big a deal is it to move that electrical station? Seems like that could be fairly involved.
    They are moving it and it delayed the CC construction by a while

6. Default Re: Fairfield Inn

My grandfather (who died in '65, before I was born), was a foreman working out of that OGE facility in the 50s (and early 60s I believe). Obviously there have been reconfigs of it since then, but a part of me is sad to see it torn down. Always hoped I'd get a chance to go poke around in there a bit and see if there is anything in there today that he would have laid eyes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    My grandfather (who died in '65, before I was born), was a foreman working out of that OGE facility in the 50s (and early 60s I believe). Obviously there have been reconfigs of it since then, but a part of me is sad to see it torn down. Always hoped I'd get a chance to go poke around in there a bit and see if there is anything in there today that he would have laid eyes on.
    If it makes you feel any better, the city is paying OG&E $14 million for those 2.5 acres, or well more than $5 million per acre.

Even though the city had previously revealed the total price of the garage had gone up to $40 million, the contract with OG&E was only revealed when scrutinizing the next Economic Development Trust agenda.

That is a staggering sum.

For comparison, OG&E only paid around $1.2 million per acre for the old Stage Center site and that fronts the Myriad Gardens.

So, they are basically charging the city almost 5X the amount they themselves recently paid for arguably better downtown land.

Are the plans and renderings in post #173 still applicable?

Quote Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
    Are the plans and renderings in post #173 still applicable?
    Yes. Those were the plans that were approved and they can't change without going back to design review.

You can see the foundation starting to take shape:

This whole area is going to be exciting to watch the next 2-3 years.

Going vertical:

That's pretty fast, looks like one of the stairwell or elevator shaft is up.

Blog Entries

As I exited under Skydance Bridge onto Shield Blvd., north bound the other day, that construction caught my eye (#213). Looks as though the Fairfield lnn will be up before they break grown on the Convention Center & the Omni.

I am reading some of agreements between OCURA and Patel and figured I'd share what I found.

1. The deed states the improvements have to be completed by December 31st, 2018, which explains why the project is going up pretty fast.

2. As far as the surface parking is concerned, I have added an except from OCURA regarding this issue from one of the February 15, 2017 agenda. . .

It is the goal of the City and the Authority to minimize surface parking in the Core to Shore Urban Renewal Area. Structured parking is planned nearby which can serve this hotel. In order to allow the development to move forward while plans are being finalized for the nearby structured parking, the Redeveloper will provide surface parking consistent with a granted variance until a future date when alternate parking is available and the remaining portion of the Property can be further developed. Terms have been negotiated for a proposed First Amendment to the Redevelopment Agreement to provide for such future development.
    And from the First Amendment. . .

SECTION I: SCOPE
    The Parking Property lies within the Redevelopment Site and is shown on the attached Exhibit A, which also depicts the conceptual design for the development contemplated in the Redevelopment Agreement, approved by the Authority and the City’s Downtown Design Review Committee.

The parties contemplate the further development of the Parking Property, specifically with commercial or mixed use development in accordance with the Urban Renewal Plan.

SECTION II: TIME FOR CERTAIN ACTIONS
    The construction of the Improvements on the Parking Property shall be commenced on or before December 31, 2023, and completed within two years of commencement. The obligation to commence is contingent upon the existence of nearby structured parking or other available shared parking in which parking spaces are available to the Redeveloper at or below market rate.

Consistent with the timelines provided in Section 5 of the Redevelopment Agreement, the Redeveloper shall submit and the Authority shall approve or reject or request modifications to Schematic Design Studies, Design Development Documents, Construction Documents, Landscaping Plans, and evidence of financing capacity for the development of the Parking Property.

That's pretty interesting. Would be a great spot for a second hotel once the convention center is up and running and the structured parking exists.

driving by this on my way home from work has me all excited about the street wall and hopeful future interaction with shields.

Blog Entries

Impressive pic, Pete on the progress of the Fairfield Inn & Suites. It will be in operation long before construction of the convention center & hotel; thus it gives Fairfield a chance to fine-tune.

Notice the position of the main entrance as it faces northeast.

Although many of us were disappointed that the Omni didn't exceed the 735 room study suggested & conducted by Texas consultant Jeremy Stone, hired by The Alliance for the Economic Development of Oklahoma City; together the 605 room Omni & the 133 room Fairfield will make 738 rooms available on site.

It won't match the 4 stars by Omni, however they hope to attract & serve visitors wanting easy access to the Chesapeake Arena and new convention center. They could also capitalize on spill-over in the event the Omni can't handle some tier II & III class conventions.

I know it will change.... but this hotel looks like it is being build in the middle of nowhere in this pic

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    I know it will change.... but this hotel looks like it is being build in the middle of nowhere in this pic
    Another way to look at it: It is adjoining 3 of the largest development projects ever undertaken in OKC (Scissortail Park, Convention Center and Omni Hotel).

And all of that will be complete in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Another way to look at it: It is adjoining 3 of the largest development projects ever undertaken in OKC (Scissortail Park, Convention Center and Omni Hotel).

And all of that will be complete in 2 years.
    I know, it just looks lonely right now is all. lol

Thread Information