Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sidecar

Default Re: Sidecar

There sure are lots of places to get drunk in this town these days.

Absolutely badass.

Their outdoor barstool seats are giant corks. I ran by yesterday and they were putting the finishing touches on including a small wooden fence around the patio, everything about this place looks awesome.

4. Default Re: Sidecar

Got a tour yesterday after lunch at Broadway 10. It's gonna be great.

I briefly stopped in on my way to dinner, the place was packed. I was planning on taking some pictures, but it was so crowded that it seemed like a bad idea.

I walked by today and it was shoulder to shoulder out to the patio. I am going to wait and give it a try this weekend or next week.

7. Default Re: Sidecar

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I briefly stopped in on my way to dinner, the place was packed. I was planning on taking some pictures, but it was so crowded that it seemed like a bad idea.
    Hah my exact thoughts when I was in there. Had the butchers plate, which was excellent. Might be my new number 1 stop off.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Hah my exact thoughts when I was in there. Had the butchers plate, which was excellent. Might be my new number 1 stop off.
    Fickle!

9. Default Re: Sidecar

Just because I stop there first doesn't mean I can't stop at five other places after.

I went last night after dinner on the Packard's rooftop. The weather was as good as you can get in OKC and Sidecar was crowded, but nothing like what it looked like on Wednesday. The place itself is awesome and never felt too crowded. Cocktails pricewise would compare to O Bar and they have a pretty large scotch and wine by the glass (and some on tap) selection. They have a small (but bigger than I expected) food selection... mainly sliders/sandwiches, cheese board, soup, etc. They also had a guy with a guitar singing last night on the patio too, all and all pretty great.

11. Default Re: Sidecar

My wife and I stopped by here yesterday for lunch. The space is small but really impressive. The food is also great.

I also had a chance to meet Aaron Soward while we were seated at the bar. We were discussing their next venture which will be amazing!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8300.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	358.0 KB 
ID:	10757 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8299.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	416.2 KB 
ID:	10758 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8298.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	440.8 KB 
ID:	10759 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8302.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	508.0 KB 
ID:	10760

Anyone know their hours? It's not on their FB/Website.

Who owns this?

Quote Originally Posted by Okcdiner View Post
    Who owns this?
    Provision Concepts, same group that owns Broadway 10.

Couple of young guys that spun off of the Hall Smith group.

15. Default Re: Sidecar

^^^^^^^
    Provision Concepts | Home

It's the same guys who own Broadway 10. Two guys who were longtime managers for HSRG, plus several investors.

The decor and feel of this space is amazing, I love what they did with it.

I wish their menu was a little more sophisticated, it seems very plain to me. The cocktails are very basic and limited, the wine list is mostly average facings, and the whiskey list is something i would expect to see in a restaurant. After seeing their eclectic wine list at Broadway 10 and their vision for Sidecar, I had high hopes for a small but interesting menu that set them apart from everyone.

Hopefully the list evolves over time and they find their niche because the space is incredible and deserves to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by JarrodH View Post
    The decor and feel of this space is amazing, I love what they did with it.

I wish their menu was a little more sophisticated, it seems very plain to me. The cocktails are very basic and limited, the wine list is mostly average facings, and the whiskey list is something i would expect to see in a restaurant. After seeing their eclectic wine list at Broadway 10 and their vision for Sidecar, I had high hopes for a small but interesting menu that set them apart from everyone.

Hopefully the list evolves over time and they find their niche because the space is incredible and deserves to be successful.
    Well FWIW, the food and drinks tonight were amazing tonight, just incredible. Cocktails were delicious. Grilled cheese (HOORAY FOR AN ACTUAL VEGETARIAN OPTION!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!) was actually flavorful and made with actual cheese and perfectly cooked. I had a bratwurst which was excellent, plus the ghost pepper chili sauce is amazing. The food was far, far better than we've had at other comparable establishments downtown. As another option in walking distance, Sidecar has entered our rotation plus more tonight!

Drove by this establishment around 8:30 tonight. Was quite busy!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Drove by this establishment around 8:30 tonight. Was quite busy!
    We were there for the better part of the evening and it was basically full the entire time. Shows just how underdeveloped downtown really is - this is a Tuesday, a brand new place, and it's already packed to the gills. I love the young creative energy in this city now. Places like sidecar completely change the air about OKC.

I went on opening night and it was definitely one of those "Wait…am I in OKC?" type moments.

It's crazy how common that feeling is becoming.

went there Saturday night, enjoyed it. will go again for sure

Love, love, love this place.

Got in town yesterday and had a late lunch there... The pulled pork sliders with seasoned chips was pretty darn good. Some interesting beers as well.

Then, after meeting a friend for dinner, he wanted to see it for himself so we went back around 8PM and were lucky to get two seats at the bar as a couple was just leaving. The rest of the bar was completely full, including the outdoor seating on a chilly night.

Stayed for a couple of hours and it was just a great, friendly crowd. Was full with people standing as well, but never crazy cramped. The wine and champagne on tap is really popular, especially with the ladies. It was great to see as many women as men in a bar.

I had their GTO margarita (served with a sidecar of course!) which was potent and spicy. Really, really good.

The wife and I stopped in last Saturday around 6:00 pm after winning a little money on the Preakness. We both loved the place and will go back for sure. One thing we found odd was my wife ordered the house red wine and it was served chilled. The bartender then recommended the wine "on tap" and it came chilled as well.

Quote Originally Posted by harp23 View Post
    The wife and I stopped in last Saturday around 6:00 pm after winning a little money on the Preakness. We both loved the place and will go back for sure. One thing we found odd was my wife ordered the house red wine and it was served chilled. The bartender then recommended the wine "on tap" and it came chilled as well.
    Same with my wife's wine. She said it was ok once it warmed a bit. Not sure why they'd chill red wine. Otherwise. The place is great.

I suspect the wine dispenser is near other refrigeration which is causing this.

Thread Information