Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sidecar

Default Re: Sidecar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Some new renderings from their Facebook page -- I love this place already:

Did you notice the same two ghosts are in all the pics? The last rendering is the best one, but they are in the one before that, half of the one before that and in the background of the previous one... Creepy.

In all seriousness, it looks like a great set up in a great location. I have a good friend who is moving to the Garage Lofts this weekend and this will be walking/stumbling distance for him.

2. Default Re: Sidecar

Update on opening?

I haven't driven past in a while so I didn't know if the construction had moved forward.

I believe they are just getting ready to start construction.

Actually, just traded emails with one of the proprietors today and they are already underway at both Broadway 10 and Sidecar.

They hope to have both open this winter.

Actually, just traded emails with one of the proprietors today and they are already underway at both Broadway 10 and Sidecar.

They hope to have both open this winter.
    I was going to say, I go running past there pretty often and they've been working in there a lot.

6. Default Re: Sidecar

Darn! Moving out in a few months and was hoping to catch them before I was out of downtown.

The proprietors told me that since they are focusing on getting Broadway 10 up and running next week, Sidecar has been pushed back until the end of January.

8. Default Re: Sidecar

Maybe my most-anticipated place currently underway, but certainly makes sense to focus on big brother right now. Looks like they have their priorities in order.

Elevations: Sidecar
    By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record January 8, 2015

Read more: Elevations: Sidecar | The Journal Record

OKLAHOMA CITY – After Provision Concepts LLC partners Aaron Soward and Jeff Dixon signed the lease with the Buick Building at 1101 N. Broadway Ave. for their Broadway 10 bar and chophouse, they discovered there was another space available. It was across the street in the Pontiac Building.

Soward and Dixon toured the 9,000-square-foot space in the Pontiac’s northeast corner and loved it. Soward said they are moving forward with several concepts, and they had one that would fit the small space almost perfectly.

“It’s a smaller version and a little less food than what we had in mind,” he said.

The concept has evolved into Sidecar, an urban barley and wine bar. Soward said it will be a high-end, smoke-free neighborhood bar open for lunch and dinner. Architect Brian Fitzsimmons designed the bar and Lingo Construction is doing the build-out. Soward said not much in the building will change, as Fitzsimmons has created a design that meshes with the existing structure. The bar is 45 to 60 days from being complete.

“We create what we initially love from the very beginning,” Soward said. “We’re not going to do something because we can make a lot of cash doing it. The area needed a high-end neighborhood bar. It’s taken on a much more urban appearance than Broadway 10.”

The bar will have a front door, but on days when the weather is nice, the garage door wall will be lifted, creating an open air space. It will be dimly lit to create a cozy feeling.

Like many former automobile dealership buildings, the Pontiac building has a ramp and it will not be removed. Other interior updates will be polishing the floors and cleaning the walls. Otherwise, most new items will be brought into the space, including building a small kitchen.

Drinks will be slung down a wooden bar top made with reclaimed wood. All seating will be leather backed with dark wood tables. On the exterior, the patio seating facing NW 10th Street will be elevated.

Future customers will likely not be as concerned about the furniture as they are about what is served to them. Customers will be able to watch TV and enjoy free Wi-Fi, indoors and outdoors. There will be USB ports under the bar top, as seen at Broadway 10. For people not drinking, the bar will offer fresh pressed coffee.

“It’s going to be a neighborhood meeting place, with high-end beverages and wine on tap,” Soward said. “The regulars will know it’s their place.”

Since Oklahoma isn’t known for its friendly liquor laws, getting high-end beverages sent to the state has been a challenge. Luckily, Dixon and Soward knew several liquor brokers who were able to track down whiskeys that were not being served in the city. Soward credited Rick Naifeh of Premium Brands, Alex Kroblin of Thirst Wine Merchants and liquor broker Rachel Shelton as being instrumental in getting rare whiskeys and beers.

Very excited about this space, as good as Broadway 10 is, I like smaller spaces better.

They are saying they are opening in April, but not providing a specific date:

I was running by last night, they have the sidewalk area torn up to the road. Lots of work to do.

Broadway 10 finish went fast so I hope this will too, especially since I"ll be there in mid to late April.

Excited about this place.

This should be another resounding success!

More from Fitzsimmons Architects:

18. Default Re: Sidecar

March 24 2015

Thanks Will!

Can't wait to see that overhead door open and tables and chairs out on the sidewalk.

From Fitzsimmons Architects:

Loving this place:

22. Default Re: Sidecar

That looks like my kinda joint.

Looks amazing - yet another walkable destination for us downtowners!

Not to be a debbie downer, but there are waaaaay too many fun places to have a drink in downtown these days. I seriously need to tone it down or my liver will not thank me!

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Looks amazing - yet another walkable destination for us downtowners!

Not to be a debbie downer, but there are waaaaay too many fun places to have a drink in downtown these days. I seriously need to tone it down or my liver will not thank me!
    Haha... I was thinking the same thing.

I used to feel this way about moving to London, in that I so much love the pub life that I knew if I ever lived in the UK I'd live a completely unhealthy lifestyle.

I suppose it's a nice problem to have in OKC!

Haha... I was thinking the same thing.

I used to feel this way about moving to London, in that I so much love the pub life that I knew if I ever lived in the UK I'd live a completely unhealthy lifestyle.

I suppose it's a nice problem to have in OKC!
    That, or I need to move to the burbs. If I had to drive home everytime, no doubt I'd tone it down.

Thread Information