Widgets Magazine

Thread: Green Acres Market

South OKC Green Acres Market

Last fall Green Acres Market bought the Health Food Center store in Walnut Square at 7301 S. Penn as well as a location in Lawton.

http://www.greenacres.com/

Natural foods store specializing in organic, vegan, vegetarian and whole food and vitamins and supplements
    Green Acres started in Wichita and has locations in Kansas City, Jenks as well. They feature a large deli:

Sample Deli Menu

Today, they filed for a $372,000 building permit to remodel the 23,500 square foot south OKC location.

These are nice stores with interior finishes more like a Whole Foods than a Sprouts.

Yet another addition to the suddenly red-hot OKC grocery market.

http://www.okgazette.com/oklahoma/ar...ace-to-be.html

Default Re: Green Acres Market

great news... glad to see somebody sinking some money into the walnut creek shopping center. maybe other retailers will follow suit. -M

Nice grab by the south side.

Is the store already in operation? Their website leads me to believe they're in service already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    Is the store already in operation? Their website leads me to believe they're in service already.
    Yes... They bought out a previous business.

However, they are just now starting to convert to their build-out.

Ah, gotcha.

Looking forward to seeing the final product.

I stopped in this store today and was impressed.

I was looking for the Yellowbird hot sauces (the same ones offered at Buttermilk) and their website directed me to this location as the only place carrying it in the OKC area.

Not only did they have them, they were significantly cheaper than buying on-line. I also picked up a few other simmer sauces (Indian and Thai) because I love those sorts of things and typically buy similar products at Trader Joe's.

Really a nice little store.

agreed... green acres has done a pretty good job with the place and the prices seem to be a little more reasonable since they've taken over. i'm gonna have to try those sauces out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I also picked up a few other simmer sauces (Indian and Thai) because I love those sorts of things and typically buy similar products at Trader Joe's.
    I've fallen in love with TJ's green thai simmer sauce. that stuff would make a spoon taste good.

Quote Originally Posted by WenDragon View Post
    I've fallen in love with TJ's green thai simmer sauce. that stuff would make a spoon taste good.
    Yes, it's good stuff!

They used to carry something called Cuban simmer sauce that was citrus based and fantastic but as is so often the case, they discontinued it.

pretty cool concept and good people, they are one of our customers so i've been in a couple of the Wichita locations but haven't had a chance to shop there much yet

I stop by the Green Acres on I-240 about once a week to pick up odds and ends. I don't do a full trip. Their prices are competitive than most in the area and their selection is large or health food stuff. I usually buy here over online even though online is cheaper for vitamins and such.

Thread Information