Widgets Magazine

Thread: I need an automotive locksmith!

Default I need an automotive locksmith!

Hey..I need an automotive locksmith that can program a new key for my truck. We bought it used, and there was only one key available, and all the "internet-based" methods for programming a spare require two keys, so it looks like I've got to find an actual locksmith with the proper PCM writing equipment to authorize a new key...

Any suggestions?

2. Default Re: I need an automotive locksmith!

Don't know if it works for all smart keys, but we had copies of my Ford F150 and my Infinity made at either Hope Depot or Lowes (can remember which). I think they were about $70 each. Just needed 1 key to make the copy.

Default Re: I need an automotive locksmith!

There is a locksmith shop on 23rd st on the NE corner where I44 crosses. They cut a key for my truck using only the VIN #. The Sports Animal used to do broadcasts from there and always advertised smart keys made for a lot less than dealers. Security Lock Service 3413 NW 23rd St
    Oklahoma City, OK 73107

Default Re: I need an automotive locksmith!

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc
    Don't know if it works for all smart keys, but we had copies of my Ford F150 and my Infinity made at either Hope Depot or Lowes (can remember which). I think they were about $70 each. Just needed 1 key to make the copy.
    Everything I've read about my year/model of truck indicates the particular smart-key setup requires a PCM programmer to authorize the new key to the vehicle if you only have one key, and from what I understand that's not quite what the HD's/Lowe's have - but there could easily be something I'm just missing there.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    There is a locksmith shop on 23rd st on the NE corner where I44 crosses. They cut a key for my truck using only the VIN #. The Sports Animal used to do broadcasts from there and always advertised smart keys made for a lot less than dealers. Security Lock Service 3413 NW 23rd St
    Oklahoma City, OK 73107
    That is PRECISELY where I just came from - I found them doing a bit of 'net snooping and they programmed a 2nd key for me for $72.88. Think I waited all of ten minutes. Dealer key was going to be *at least* double as best I can tell - lady just cut the duplicate, plugged in the PCM programmer, and had it done in just a few minutes.

I knew the Animal used to do remotes from *some* key service company but couldn't remember the name. Great I landed there anyway!

Thanks, everyone. Mission accomplished!

Thread Information