Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NW Highway & MacArthur

Default Re: NW Highway & MacArthur

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Its now GONE. Have demo'd it fully.
    Yep...noticed that they demolished it on Monday. Now I wonder what will happen with the old Homeland store.

Quote Originally Posted by etsuco05 View Post
    Yep...noticed that they demolished it on Monday. Now I wonder what will happen with the old Homeland store.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see it go next, so that the entire parcel can be redeveloped.

Some earthmoving work has started on the site of the old Homeland C-store on the NE corner of Northwest Highway & MacArthur. Anyone know what's planned for the site?

Zaxby's

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Zaxby's

Well...that will make 7 chicken joints in about 1 1/2 mile stretch of NW Hwy. Churches, Slim Chickens, Zaxby's Popeyes, Chick Fil A, KFC and Raisin Canes.

Quote Originally Posted by yukong View Post
    Well...that will make 7 chicken joints in about 1 1/2 mile stretch of NW Hwy. Churches, Slim Chickens, Zaxby's Popeyes, Chick Fil A, KFC and Raisin Canes.
    Looks like we got another "Chicken Strip" on our hands!

Quote Originally Posted by yukong View Post
    And going north there's Golden Chick at NW 122 and MacA...

Wonder why so many recently? Not too long ago (50 years, more or less) Beverly's was about the only place in town that specialized in chicken...

I took these a few days ago.

This will now be called 'Charlie's Car Wash' instead of Green Lantern, as a nod to the company's founder.

Wow, seems like quite the build out for a car wash. I suppose I've got no excuse for having a dirty car once this opens. With the new car wash at 39th & Portland and now this, I'll be surrounded by nice, new car wash facilities.

Pete, has the Incredible Pizza thing finished? Anyone been?

Dusting this thread off........

Had my first chance to try out the Charlie's Car Wash yesterday. Had a little trouble getting into the location as the entrances off NW Expressway are not clearly marked. Ended up taking a right onto MacArthur and entering by the Whataburger.

You are funneled into one of 4 lanes depending on what you and and payment method. Since this was my first time, I took the Attended lane. Very pleasant young lady explained the options. Since they are running an opening special, the wash portion was 1/2 price. I added the Internal clean and wipedown as my car needed it. The total was $27, which is a little more than I used to pay at the USA wash across the street.

You pull your car into the wash building. There was a crew of 4 that sprayed your cart with soapy jets to knock off bugs, etc. Then the belt was activated and you are pulled through the main wash area. Lots of fragrances. The rinse seemed more thorough than most washes. The auto dry area was excellent. Multiple blowers meant your car was 98% dry when you come out. You can then either leave, proceed to the self serve vacuums, or circle back to the enclosed clean and wipedown area.

Once you are parked inside, you go sit in a very nice lounge area. They have various drinks and auto accessories for sales. My car took them about 15 minutes because it was dirtier than normal. Most cars took 5-7 minutes before they were ready. They pull your car outside where you can inspect it and point out any places they might have missed.

Overall I thought it was good value since my car was so dirty. The wash was very thorough and the interior clean and wipedown was better than I've had at other places. They offer various price breaks and even have a corporate price break based on volume. Worth checking out if you are in NW OKC.

Thread Information