Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WinCo

Default Re: WinCo

Maybe Winco should take the old Homeland location that is closing on NW Expressway! Probably not big enough though..
    I see Winco really hurting Homeland. Homeland has been pretty set in their ways for a while, and this grocery boom in OKC will definitely affect them.

have never been to a Winco but I don't see me leaving Crest any time soon. as for Wal-mart I haven't been in a wal-mart super center or a Neighborhood market in many years and don't ever see me giving them my money. I do like the concept of Winco however far better than that of Wal-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    Maybe Winco should take the old Homeland location that is closing on NW Expressway! Probably not big enough though..
    I see Winco really hurting Homeland. Homeland has been pretty set in their ways for a while, and this grocery boom in OKC will definitely affect them.
    I agree. If Homeland can't refresh their entire brand, they need to pick a few stores and focus on making them destinations and then close the rest of them. Every one of these new grocers entering the market I see hurting Homeland most of all.

I can see myself doing WinCo as long as I can get in and out quickly. One of the things I like about Crest is they are always appropriately-staffed.

4. Default Re: WinCo

ya, I love Winco. I just started going there here in the Seattle area. I place them between Sam's Club and Safeway; more bulk than SW but more individual than Sam's.

It is true about the sackers or lack thereof - to me that is the only downside as lines do tend to back up with slow customer sacking.

I think it is interesting that another Boise ID based supermarket chain is coming to OKC. I'm certain Winco will do much better, however, than Albertson's.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    have never been to a Winco but I don't see me leaving Crest any time soon. as for Wal-mart I haven't been in a wal-mart super center or a Neighborhood market in many years and don't ever see me giving them my money. I do like the concept of Winco however far better than that of Wal-mart.
    I also like Crest, but the terrible smell of the meat department is a turn-off.

6. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by WenDragon View Post
    The 2nd location mentioned was 39th & May, but, according to another board, a building permit for Sam's Club was filed for that same NW corner....is WinCo down to 2 stores in the metro now?
    The Sam's Club is locating east of the Hefner Parkway where Lynn Hickey Dodge was formerly located. The WinCo, as I understand, would be west of the Hefner Parkway, where the 39th street motel formerly stood that was east of the former Pratt's Grocery Store (where a Locke Supply store now stands).

Aldi's doesn't accept credit cards except for Discover Card which does allow a surcharge (Aldi's charges 50¢ for Discover Card users). Aldi's also accepts all bank issued debit cards with no surcharge. Mastercard & Visa & American Express retailers must agree to no surcharge if they want to accept these cards (as credit cards).

I enjoyed shopping at WinCo on my many visits to Fresno.

I will look forward to shopping both new stores (Sam's & WinCo) since I live in the Mayfair West division on NW 41st Street just behind the old Lynn Hickey Dodge dealership (I will just have to get a new Sam's Card.)

WinCo will be successful in any location since it is a destination store - a magnet store for regional shoppers.

If they open in Moore and/or Norman, they are still overlooking South OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    If they open in Moore and/or Norman, they are still overlooking South OKC.
    I agree. If they wanted to open a fifth location, somewhere near Western and SW 44th by Target and Sears might work. Or somewhere along I-240.

9. Default Re: WinCo

Anyone heard anything lately?

The MWC site still shows that it's owned by HMA (and really that means CHS now). So there hasn't been any progress on obtaining the space...it's just continuing to sit and rot.

There was a recent application to split the lot at the presumed location at 39th & Lake Hefner Parkway.

It appears they are trying to get all the ducks in a row for all their locations before making an announcement.

11. Default Re: WinCo

OKC is going to love WinCo.

They are working on a drainage ditch right next to Aldi on Penn and Memorial. Could this be in preparation for the rumored Winco?

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    They are working on a drainage ditch right next to Aldi on Penn and Memorial. Could this be in preparation for the rumored Winco?
    Probably.

There was also a recent plot split at this property and the application was submitted by an architect who has built a lot of grocery stores.

It seems the Penn & 39th locations are the two that need the prep work; the MWC and Moore sites, not so much.

Winco has completed the purchase of the MWC city property and will tear down the old Target store to build new.

Idaho-based grocer plans Midwest City store | NewsOK.com

15. Default Re: WinCo

I was at the Aldi on N. Penn tonight. I noticed several stacks of some building material (couldn't tell what it was) and some heavy equipment on the WinCo site just south of Aldi. Looked like site prep work was about to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    I was at the Aldi on N. Penn tonight. I noticed several stacks of some building material (couldn't tell what it was) and some heavy equipment on the WinCo site just south of Aldi. Looked like site prep work was about to begin.
    That could be but it seems strange if nothing has even been announced about property purchase by them in that area.

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Awesome!
    I noticed yesterday while driving the backroads into my old neighborhood while passing the area where the trailer park use to be I noticed now has some fencing and machinery. I don't know if its for another project or Winco. but its in the location on the map that winco is suppose to be going in at In Moore

You guys must have missed this at the top of our News page:

OKCTalk - WinCo Foods closes on Midwest City property; to open 4 OKC locations

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You guys must have missed this at the top of our News page:

OKCTalk - WinCo Foods closes on Midwest City property; to open 4 OKC locations
    No, I didn't see that. Maybe when you post some information like that on the news page it would be helpful to update the appropriate thread at the same time.

Lately I have had a lot of luck lately, mostly bad but finally some good news. The new Winco will be exactly 1.3 miles from my new home, and for the first time in 40 years, I will have a Crest (.2 miles), a Buy For Less (1.8 miles0), and a Walmart Super Center (5.9 mile) close by. Of course, the I-35 service road is only 2.3 miles from home but this will be quite a change. Looking forward to the Winco, just hope it opens before I check out!
    C. T.
    p.s. Not whining when I say I've had bad luck, but I have had a few little health issues the last couple of years. I've had a lot of good luck in my life so I can handle a little of the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Lately I have had a lot of luck lately, mostly bad but finally some good news. The new Winco will be exactly 1.3 miles from my new home, and for the first time in 40 years, I will have a Crest (.2 miles), a Buy For Less (1.8 miles0), and a Walmart Super Center (5.9 mile) close by. Of course, the I-35 service road is only 2.3 miles from home but this will be quite a change. Looking forward to the Winco, just hope it opens before I check out!
    C. T.
    p.s. Not whining when I say I've had bad luck, but I have had a few little health issues the last couple of years. I've had a lot of good luck in my life so I can handle a little of the bad.
    Don't know what's going on, but I wish you the best of luck!

23. Default Re: WinCo

It's officially posted too:
    Leonard Sullivan Oklahoma County Assessor Real Property Detail Sheet

I'm not surprised in the least bit that CHS (HMA) off loaded this building. It really would have been better as the Phase II MRMC plans, but instead, they just expanded their little crap facilities around MWC. But in a bad to great case, WinCo will be able to breathe some new life into this building. What's really nice is that then the only building left on the corner that won't be occupied, is the little Hollywood Video store across the street. With WinCo here, I bet that property ends up turning into something....hard to not do it with the increased traffic WinCo will bring, and the ease of access having it's own stop light across Reno.

Wal-Mart turned into a massive indoor (and only partially outdoor) storage facility. Albertson's got dozed and turned into a Neighborhood Market, now the old Target will be Winco. What a turnaround for this corner! WIth that many large box stores that have turned around on one corner, id say that's pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Don't know what's going on, but I wish you the best of luck!
    PluPan,
    Nothing really, just typical health issues for people my age, I'm 71. When I posted my note I was thinking about that song on "Hee Haw", If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I didn't mean to sound "down" because I'm not. And I am looking forward to my recently planned move, and happy about the Winco just down the road from my new home. Thanks for your comment.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    But in a bad to great case, WinCo will be able to breathe some new life into this building. What's really nice is that then the only building left on the corner that won't be occupied, is the little Hollywood Video store across the street. With WinCo here, I bet that property ends up turning into something....hard to not do it with the increased traffic WinCo will bring, and the ease of access having it's own stop light across Reno.
    The indication is that they won't use that building. They're going to tear it down and build new.

Thread Information