Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: WinCo

1. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Drove by the MWC location yesterday. The exterior of the building is painted but no official signage has been hung yet. The giant dirt mound is slowly being reduced in height. I'm curious if the store will be up and running by Independence Day.

Default Re: WinCo

Moore has been hiring since late March, I wonder what the holdup is to open up the store?

When I was living in Idaho, they used to advertise giving health insurance benefits to part timers, I dont know if they do that anymore. They still had pretty competitive pay in Idaho, around 20% over minimum wage starting out which isn't bad considering you didnt need any qualifications. I knew a few guys who worked there after school while I was in high school.

3. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by SSEiYah View Post
    Moore has been hiring since late March, I wonder what the holdup is to open up the store?
    No holdup... They announced the opening would be late May a few months ago.

I've noticed construction fence is up and lots of dirt work at the NW 39th Location.

5. Default Re: WinCo

MWC looks like they're almost ready for parking lot. The parking light "islands" are in and the poles are in most of the spots. Looks like they've pushed the construction crews out of the fence line to finish up the grading on the lot before they pour.

Mt. Dirt is still very much alive, although now they can park equipment on top of it.

The WinCo in Moore is complete. The parking lot is currently blocked off by temporary fencing. Just waiting on the grand opening announcement.

7. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    The WinCo in Moore is complete. The parking lot is currently blocked off by temporary fencing. Just waiting on the grand opening announcement.
    May 24th was announced several months ago.

I am curious if the Penn & Memorial site is still a go? I haven't heard anything about if WinCo officially closed on the proposed site. I shop at the Aldi's at Penn & Memorial on occasion and haven't really noticed any construction in regards to drainage going on with the land just behind the new Whataburger.

39th & Portland with the Will Rogers Bike Trail in the foreground:

Received a direct mail advert for the Moore store opening

I am not so sure about the meat quality from Win CO as I believe they only carry Select quality. The lowest I like to go is Choice I prefer Prime when I can get it from Crest. Anyone know what the Beef quality is for WIn Co?

Copy/paste from https://www.wincofoods.com/departments/meat#/

Did you know that all of the beef that is cut and packaged inside your local, employee-owned store is USDA Choice or Higher?

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Copy/paste from https://www.wincofoods.com/departments/meat#/

Did you know that all of the beef that is cut and packaged inside your local, employee-owned store is USDA Choice or Higher?
    That's good to know, I thought I had read somewhere that they normally carry select quality and not choice or higher. Will be interesting to see how well they stack up against Aldi and Crest where we normally shop. The Moore store opens this week I believe

14. Default Re: WinCo

My wife just told me there is a 30 minute wait to get in the door at Winco.... A line to get in a grocery store???

15. Default Re: WinCo

Social media blowing up now with comments about the chaos on 19th Street... Hearing people parking in the Target and Dick's parking lot across the street to go to Winco.

I got a giant advert in the mail about the opening today

Wow, craziness.

After everything settles down I still expect Winco to be wildly successful here, as I've thought from the very beginning. Just a near perfect fit for our market.

Fortunately, they are open 24/7 so if you really want to go late or early hours should mean manageable crowds.

18. Default Re: WinCo

The line to get in...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18664399_10105212038380197_2575405240034943918_n.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	13867

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    The line to get in...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18664399_10105212038380197_2575405240034943918_n.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	13867
    Ya... Not sure why people don't want to wait a few days...

20. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Ya... Not sure why people don't want to wait a few days...
    I'm pretty sure all these people were the kids whose last names started with a lower letter in elementary school when they were taught to stand in a line.... So now as adults they still have to be the first in line.... My name is at the end of the alphabet so I'm used to waiting for a few days for the line to go away.

Hopefully they put a damper on those Walmart groc. stores. I don't like they way Walmart treats people and the bigwigs care too much about money. I mean they are over the top. I have taken a vow to never set foot in another walmart. But WinCo looks like a winner so far.

I went to shop at the new WinCo this morning. I took a leisurely hour and fifteen minutes to peruse the aisles. I picked up some real bargains and spent just under $30. I was impressed with the welding craftsmanship of the stall dividers that were fabricated for the men's restroom.

I went there as well. I found that a lot of the items I usually buy elsewhere were cheaper, and that's for the national brands. I was also in awe at the bulk items. They had licorice all-sorts, which I genuinely hate, but my dad is English and loves them. We have never found them easily in Oklahoma and had relied on Gran to bring them back from her annual trip to visit her brother. Now they're just a short car ride away. I found a lot of other interesting things in there as well. I can't wait until the 39th street one opens as it is just 'round the corner from me.

24. Default Re: WinCo

Checked it out yesterday.... Liked the prices and definitely liked the selection... Especially in the bulk bins... They carry some hard to find spices I use in my BBQ recipes which is a huge plus because I was having to drive further to find some of them.

The thing I loved about Winco is that you can do all your shopping there and know the prices are excellent, even if they aren't absolutely rock bottom on every single item.

They carry everything a regular grocery store offers (like the little things you sometimes need for a recipe) and they offer them in standard sizes.

But you can also save by buying lots of things in builk and of course, due to their shear size they have more than any other grocery store in town.

I also like they are open 24/7 and typically have great customer service.

On Facebook there is a bit of push-back from those wanting to support locally owned Crest but since none of their stores are anywhere near me, I've never even shopped in one.

Thread Information