Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: WinCo

Default Re: WinCo

Has an opening date been announced for the Moore location?

I've been ready for this to open for almost 3 years now lol (lived in Idaho for 19 years).

Quote Originally Posted by SSEiYah View Post
    Has an opening date been announced for the Moore location?

I've been ready for this to open for almost 3 years now lol (lived in Idaho for 19 years).
    The new WinCo distribution center located in Denton, Texas is due to open soon. I would imagine the scheduled opening date for the Moore location should be announced once the distribution center is up an running.

Yes, Winco had planned to use a local food distributor for the new OKC locations as an interim step but then found there was not enough capacity.

So, they have to wait until the new Denton distribution center is complete which should happen in the next couple of months.

Looks like the order will be Moore, MWC, 39th then Memorial & Penn.

4. Default Re: WinCo

They have said May for the first store.

Exterior walls are starting to be erected at the MWC location.

6. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Exterior walls are starting to be erected at the MWC location.
    Yeah I was surprised that the left the dirt mountain so close to the outline of the structure too. The gate is often open after hours if anyone ever wants to sneak in for a picture....shhhhh.

Plans for the N.W. 39th location are out to bid for General Contractors due on March 7th. Should probably start within 15 - 30 days from there.

Here are the plans for the 39th & Portland store:

9. Default Re: WinCo

The MWC locations looks like it's basically got the walls up now. Just finishing off the tops of them. Of course, it's a long way from being done, but that's a good milestone.

I'd like to have been a fly on the wall internally with Winco when they evaluated the site. The new building is basically the same size as the old Target/Westlake, even with the dock facing the same way. Seems like they could have saved a lot of money just rehabbing like Target did with the N May location.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here are the plans for the 39th & Portland store:

Thanks for posting this Pete. Looks like this interior layout is a replica of the Ventura, CA store that I've shopped at a few times, so I should know my way around right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Expert View Post
    Thanks for posting this Pete. Looks like this interior layout is a replica of the Ventura, CA store that I've shopped at a few times, so I should know my way around right away.
    I've shopped at that Ventura store too!

I think all their stores have pretty much the same layout.

I've shopped at that Ventura store too!

I think all their stores have pretty much the same layout.
    I think you may be right, looks identical to the one I shopped at in Portland.

Just received a flyer in the mail today that states the WinCo location in Moore, OK is accepting online job applications on the WinCo homepage.

I got one of those too. I live close to 39th and Portland where another one of the stores is going. I figure they are trying to garner some name recognition since there will be a store coming into our neighborhood.

I received one in the mail in Midwest City. It was addressed to "resident". Who knew they wanted a 73 year old man? Maybe a greeter? I'm all excited about being a productive member of society again!
    C. T.

They've started construction at NW 39th & Portland; whole area is now fenced off.

From this morning:

Some quick finger counting from when the Moore location broke ground to almost finished today is about 8 or 9 months. I just hope the 39th & Portland location opens before the end of the year.

. . . split rail fence coming around the corner of the Southbound I-44 off ramp at 39th/Rt66. Goes all the way around the apts and up to the light on St Clair.

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    . . . split rail fence coming around the corner of the Southbound I-44 off ramp at 39th/Rt66. Goes all the way around the apts and up to the light on St Clair.
    That is for the Will Rogers Bike Trail.

That is for the Will Rogers Bike Trail.
    Thanks!!. . .sure dresses up that corner!!

Went by the 39th & Portland location this evening and no photo but they are really getting busy.

Hope this one moves fast.

22. Default Re: WinCo

Grabbed a quick shot of the 39th location this afternoon. Lots of dirt moving here.

Drove by the MWC location yesterday. The exterior of the building is painted but no official signage has been hung yet. The giant dirt mound is slowly being reduced in height. I'm curious if the store will be up and running by Independence Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Drove by the MWC location yesterday. The exterior of the building is painted but no official signage has been hung yet. The giant dirt mound is slowly being reduced in height. I'm curious if the store will be up and running by Independence Day.
    The Moore location look like it could have open about three weeks ago I know they are in process of hiring and training. However I have no clue when they will open.

I believe the Moor location will open around Memorial Day.

Thread Information