Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: WinCo

1. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Any updates on this? I haven't been in the area in Moore in a while but i thought i saw dirtwork the last time i was there....
    Making good progress on the Moore site.

Default Re: WinCo

Nothing has been done at the 39th St. site.

Quote Originally Posted by mbolerjack View Post
    Nothing has been done at the 39th St. site.
    Ditto for the Midwest City site.
    C. T.

Yesterday I noticed there is road work being done along the frontage road near the 39th & Portland site.

I'm sure it's related to Winco and probably necessary before they can move in all their big construction equipment.

I didn't have the chance to take a picture (and then kinda forgot about posting anything) but they are really moving on the Moore location.

Drove by the WinCo site in MWC and noticed that the entire construction area has fencing around it and a mobile home/construction office is sitting on the property.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yesterday I noticed there is road work being done along the frontage road near the 39th & Portland site.

I'm sure it's related to Winco and probably necessary before they can move in all their big construction equipment.
    I don't see that as being the reason as the curb removal extends east well past the point needed by Winco

This is the MWC site.

A bit hard to tell in this photo but they have started to demo the old Target and there is a construction trailer on site.

I'm excited for the one in Moore. Can't wait to check it out and see how it compares to Walmart.

10. Default Re: WinCo

Went to the Winco in Denton Texas last week. They will give Walmart and Sams a run for their money. I can see my family and I going to Winco weekly, rather than Sams or Walmart.

Regarding the MWC location, my understanding is they are having to remove some interior drywall from the old Target that may have asbestos and that is what they are working on now.

The building should be coming down next week.

12. Default Re: WinCo

Courtesy of the Midwest City Beacon Facebook page....she's comin' down!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15036620_1331213586912271_6024280667169327939_n.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	13271Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15094526_1331213583578938_3549248804156195773_n.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	13272

Moore location is going gangbusters:

I drove by the WinCo location in Moore today to check it out. I could be wrong but it looks like there is only one way in and out when accessing the WinCo site. I wonder if the Moore location will open before the other stores located in Oklahoma county?

15. Default Re: WinCo

At least there's a stoplight at that one entrance though. Since it exits to 19th, you might as well pitch a tent and camp out without a stoplight.

MWC has a stoplight on the Reno side of the lot and the other side of the lot that faces Midwest does not have one.

Not sure about the northside one.

I believe - but I'm not 100% sure - that there will be multiple ways to get in there; it looks like that there will be a connection in from the driveway for the 35 West apartments, as well as just west of the Autozone. That said, I'm pretty sure that Max Morgan Blvd/Fritts Blvd (where the stoplight is on 19th) will be the main entryway.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    I don't see that as being the reason as the curb removal extends east well past the point needed by Winco
    Turns out the road work is part of the new Hefner to OK River trail.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Turns out the road work is part of the new Hefner to OK River trail.
    I just don't see any work being done on the 39th and Portland location. Any news on that?

Quote Originally Posted by WenDragon View Post
    I just don't see any work being done on the 39th and Portland location. Any news on that?
    For whatever reason, they still haven't finalized their building permit and can't start work until they do.

They submitted the application some time ago but have not done the follow-up work.

At least there's a stoplight at that one entrance though. Since it exits to 19th, you might as well pitch a tent and camp out without a stoplight.
    LOL. Yup the population growth in Moore has made our humble 19th st into the next uh.. NW Expressway or 23rd St.

OK it's not THAT bad yet, but there are times when you flat out shouldn't try to make a left turn across traffic during peak periods.

But what are you gonna do..

terryinokc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    For whatever reason, they still haven't finalized their building permit and can't start work until they do.

They submitted the application some time ago but have not done the follow-up work.
    Just wondered if this is some kind of indication that they've changed their mind about this location?

Quote Originally Posted by terryinokc View Post
    Just wondered if this is some kind of indication that they've changed their mind about this location?
    No, they are still going forward, just slowly.

Drove by the Moore location today and noticed that the sign for WinCo has been hung at the top of the "totem pole" that is located as you turn into Max Morgan Blvd. I thought it is a bit premature since the building is still under construction but it is probably needed since the store is hidden from view when driving along 19th street.

MWC has a stoplight on the Reno side of the lot and the other side of the lot that faces Midwest does not have one.

Not sure about the northside one.
    The 39th street one has a stoplight at 39th and Saint Clair already.

The MWC location has their own version of Mount Williams. Earthwork and the beginnings of foundation work is in progress. There is a lot more machinery and materials on the construction site compared to a couple of months ago.

Thread Information