Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: UCO Projects

Blog Entries

Default Re: UCO Projects

Oops, misunderstood the number

UCO Football Stadium Renamed Chad Richison Stadium

There're some additional rendering pictures linked off of the press release.

Here they are:

I wonder if UCO is going to go FCS in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    i wish they would ...

D1 would be great for them ... football sure it would work .... but in basketball i think they could do very very well ..

That'd be great if UCO went FCS. I had always heard their goal was to get to d-1, I believe that's why they moved from the Lonestar conference originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    Average attendance in 2019 (pre-pandemic) for the 6 UCO home football games was around 3672. The top FCS teams ranged from 33k down to 8600 a game.

Other Oklahoma schools
    OU - 83k
    OSU - 54k
    Tulsa - 18k
    SWOSU - 3957
    East Central - 3621
    NWOSU - 3531
    OBU - 2723
    SEOSU - 2565

The renovations will help keep high school playoff games in the OKC Metro due to the central location for all divisional/classes to attend. The stadium has been nice since the renovation in ?2005? when they added the new pressbox and had Edmond school's playing there too. These new additions will only add to the "ambience" May even get an Edlam game to return.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...dance/2019.pdf

Needless to say that if they were D-1, the stands would fill up. I know I'd be more excited to go support my alma mater if they were playing at that level.

I'm not sure what it is but there's a big earth moving project going on at the NW corner of E Campbell and N Jackson a block or so west of UCO. Looks like the entire east half of the block and then some has been torn up and dug out. It's more than what I would expect if it was just another UCO parking lot going in.

Did they finally start on the residential project over there? Of course I just deleted it from the google maps development summary given they announced it a decade ago and had absolutely no movement.

I think that might be what is being done. I stopped by yesterday and took the following:

PXL_20220519_220534669.jpg

PXL_20220519_220537377.jpg

PXL_20220519_220608187.jpg

PXL_20220519_220544944.jpg

Based on that last image and a mild amount of website sleuthing, I assume it is this project: University Heights?

I preferred the other name better. It was to be called The Campbell.

That's still listed too: The Campbell. I may have guessed wrong based on the description of the two projects.

Downtown Edmond landscape will change with the construction of two multistory buildings containing retail, restaurant, office and living space. The Campbell, located West of the University of Central Oklahoma in Edmond, will be completed the Summer of 2023.
    vs

Modern townhomes near University of Central Oklahoma
    "Downtown Edmond landscape will change" made me think that that project must over on Broadway somewhere.

Seems like a lot of work for a water feature.

The water feature is arguably silly, but the brickwork improvements to the visiting stands is really nice looking.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    The water feature is arguably silly, but the brickwork improvements to the visiting stands is really nice looking.
    Oh, I know, and honestly, I'm glad they're putting work in, but like you said, the water feature is a (arguable) silly, so it's fun to dunk on them a bit over it. I feel like my great aunt designed that end of the stadium.

I know they are not D1, but... I am not a fan of wasted space around a field. I would rather some type of seating here...

21. Default Re: UCO Projects

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I know they are not D1, but... I am not a fan of wasted space around a field. I would rather some type of seating here...
    As a UCO student, I can almost guarantee you if there was some type of seating there instead, nobody would sit in it.

Honestly the biggest complaint with most of us have from this renovation is that if Chad Richison can afford to put his name on our stadium(rest in peace Wantland) and the Thunder's, why hasn't he donated an ounce of his money to education at the very place he was educated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored UCO Student View Post
    As a UCO student, I can almost guarantee you if there was some type of seating there instead, nobody would sit in it.
    Oh I don't doubt it, last time I was there for a game there was ample seating.. Just in general I like fans as close and as fully encircling the field as possible, for any sport.

23. Default Re: UCO Projects

Oh I don't doubt it, last time I was there for a game there was ample seating.. Just in general I like fans as close and as fully encircling the field as possible, for any sport.
    If only UCO football games got the same energy as UCO hockey games. Those are always fun and completely packed even though it's a smaller league.

In my day, all the fraternities and sororities would put their letters up in that space.

25. Default Re: UCO Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Bored UCO Student View Post
    If only UCO football games got the same energy as UCO hockey games. Those are always fun and completely packed even though it's a smaller league.
    The UCO hockey fans are rabid but for good reason.... They've won a couple of National Championships.

Going to be interesting with UCO and OU both playing out of Arctic Edge this season.

Thread Information