Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 Mid - Del elementary schools closing their doors for good on May 23.

Default Re: 4 Mid - Del elementary schools closing their doors for good on May 23.

My wife works at soldier creek and was getting pictures of the demo this weekend. Old school should be completely down by now.

The new school is amazing. Its going to be nice knowing that she doesn't have to be in that terrible dilapidated building anymore.

2. Default Re: 4 Mid - Del elementary schools closing their doors for good on May 23.

Soldier Creek is basically gone. There was one section still standing when I drove by yesterday (northeast corner). I'm sure that will be gone today. It does not look like they've actually removed any rubble yet. I would guess that the PTA there will be doing the same thing the East Side PTA will with the bricks, so maybe they're giving the PTA a chance to grab them before they're all hauled off.

I didn't drive up Key, but what I could see from Midwest Blvd, it looks like they haven't touched East Side yet. But they have a lot more wiggle room there than with SC. The new East Side (I'm never going to call is Midwest City Elem) was built on the far back lot of the grounds, so it didn't interfere with the current site at all like it did at SC. So they can take as long as they want to start demo work. Plus, I'm betting Midwest Wrecking will finish up SC before moving to East Side. And they just had the auction at East Side as week ago, so it could be that there are still items to be picked up there. The district pulled things like the AC units out and kept those so at least they have a good stock of spare ones to keep them going for quite a long time. I'm always amazed that those 30+ year old window units still keep trucking!

3. Default Re: 4 Mid - Del elementary schools closing their doors for good on May 23.

Well East Side is coming down. Little sad for me...lots of memories. But i'm glad i had the chance to go take a look before it closed forever.
    eastsidedemo.jpg

4. Default Re: 4 Mid - Del elementary schools closing their doors for good on May 23.

Just a couple more from East Side. And no, I will never call it Midwest City Elementary....it will FOREVER be EAST SIDE!
    20140729_193553.jpg

20140729_193555.jpg

20140729_193856.jpg

20140729_193914.jpg

I really like the way the new front drive is laid out. There's a nice circular drive for pick-up and drop-off, something that they never had before. And LOTS of space for the parking lot. East Side always had a plenty big lot, but Sooner and Traub were always squeezed in and Soldier Creek had one good lot and two stupid ones that just caused traffic.

I am curious why Soldier Creek isn't red. East Side appropriately got a blue color, but why is SC green? Green??? Really? They're going to have to get their butts in gear on the parking lot at SC too...less than a month before school starts folks.

And does anyone know if either school is getting new playground equipment? East Side had a pretty sad amount of old crap. They took out all of the good equipment while I was there in the early 90's and the crappy stuff they put back in there is still the same junk that's there...only they took out even more stuff.

Thread Information