Widgets Magazine

Thread: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Not that it matters, but they are the same thing and, in pretty much every metric except maybe "semi-national" status, totally comparable. Personally, I'm indifferent to both. If I need gas, a quart of oil, wiper fluid, chapstick, a slushie and a hot dog on warming rollers and need it all immediately from the same place, my preference is gonna be the one that is closest to me at that time of crisis.

I do have to say, though, that the inevitable mention of QT in every thread / discussion comparing some aspect of OKC and Tulsa is one of the most endearing things about Tulsans (and, also, the epitome of the daftness of the whole exercise). I've never felt that level of affection or loyalty towards a convenience store chain. I know it's headquartered there, like Love's is here, but I have to give it to QT for making their brand of convenience stores inseparable from their community's identity and, even, a point of civic pride. It's any brand managers dream.
    This post made me grin pretty darn wide...

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    This post made me grin pretty darn wide...
    Same! I think it's funny that Tulsans like talk about how much better QT is than Oncue, almost unprompted at times, when they are almost in every way the same.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Same! I think it's funny that Tulsans like talk about how much better QT is than Oncue, almost unprompted at times, when they are almost in every way the same.
    No, that's simply not true. By far most people in Tulsa have never even heard of Oncue and have no idea it even exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    No, that's simply not true. By far most people in Tulsa have never even heard of Oncue and have no idea it even exists.
    Ok Swake. I guess you spend your time exclusively around people who never venture out of Tulsa to OKC or other parts of the state. My statement is 100% true about experiences with people I know and have met in Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Ok Swake. I guess you spend your time exclusively around people who never venture out of Tulsa to OKC or other parts of the state. My statement is 100% true about experiences with people I know and have met in Tulsa.
    i go to the Tulsa area 2 or 3 times a week ... and your statement is 100% correct from my experience ..

Thread Information