Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 349
  1. Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    If we are including the metro areas....we had the first SAMs in the state (country for that matter)

  2. #52

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    If we are including the metro areas....we had the first SAMs in the state (country for that matter)
    I didn't know that. That's pretty cool!

  3. #53

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    BTW, should probably add the Tile Shop to Tulsa first.

  4. #54

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    i thought i read awhile back that cabela's was confirmed for the Mem & western development in OKC? Has that Changed, or was it never written in stone?

  5. #55

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Quote Originally Posted by rfjeep12 View Post
    i thought i read awhile back that cabela's was confirmed for the Mem & western development in OKC? Has that Changed, or was it never written in stone?
    That's a rumor much like Trader Joe's. It has not yet been officially announced.

  6. #56

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Tulsa is also getting the first Garage clothing store in Oklahoma at Woodlands Hills ( they're mainly in the east coast and Canada)

  7. Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Tulsa is also getting the first Garage clothing store in Oklahoma at Woodlands Hills ( they're mainly in the east coast and Canada)
    What are they? I've never heard of them.

  8. #58

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    It's a cheapo women's mall store:

    http://www.garageclothing.com/us/?gc...Fchffgod0EMA4g

  9. Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Oh.... Explains why I had not heard of them.

  10. #60

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Oh man... now I'll have to drive to Tulsa for that to

  11. #61

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    I was going to say now that Cabela's has been officially announced it can be added to OKC's column. Looks like its already been done.

  12. Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    That's a rumor much like Trader Joe's. It has not yet been officially announced.
    It's Official !!! Cabela's that is.

  13. #63

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Tulsa is also getting the first Garage clothing store in Oklahoma at Woodlands Hills ( they're mainly in the east coast and Canada)
    Building permit for this store at Penn Square today.

    Will be taking 4,218 square feet.

  14. #64

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Didn't OKC get the first Bass Pro Shops??

  15. #65

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    Didn't OKC get the first Bass Pro Shops??
    Yes.

    Can't believe we left that off. It's now on the list. Thanks.

  16. #66

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Surprised that QuikTrip in Tulsa hasn't been mentioned yet and that Pottery Barn came to OKC before tulsa

  17. #67

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Surprised that QuikTrip in Tulsa hasn't been mentioned yet and that Pottery Barn came to OKC before tulsa
    QuickTrip is a completely different animal because the specifically agreed not to come to OKC in a handshake agreement with the OKC 7/11 franchise owner.

    And I'm not sure if we want to get into convenience stores on this list. If we did, we'd have to add a whole most more for both cities.

  18. #68

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    I do think Reasor's should be listed as a Tulsa exclusive. It's significant and would be in the OKC metro (Edmond) if not for NIMBYs.

  19. #69

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Surprised that QuikTrip in Tulsa hasn't been mentioned yet and that Pottery Barn came to OKC before tulsa
    QuickTrip is a completely different animal because the specifically agreed not to come to OKC in a handshake agreement with the OKC 7/11 franchise owner.

    And I'm not sure if we want to get into convenience stores on this list. If we did, we'd have to add a whole most more for both cities.

  20. #70

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I do think Reasor's should be listed as a Tulsa exclusive. It's significant and would be in the OKC metro (Edmond) if not for NIMBYs.
    went into a Reasors the other day and it really was nothing special. Just a slightly better Homeland.

  21. #71

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    went into a Reasors the other day and it really was nothing special. Just a slightly better Homeland.
    Depends on the store. Some of their older stores, like the one by Grand Lake in Langley, are about the same as a Homeland. There are a few in the Tulsa area that are just slightly better. Their new stores though are pretty nice, like larger Uptown Grocery's and more similar to newer HEB stores in Texas. I've only been to the newer one in Jenks though. Evidently they are planning on building an even nicer one in midtown by Brookside (former Food Pyramid).

  22. #72

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Depends on the store. Some of their older stores, like the one by Grand Lake in Langley, are about the same as a Homeland. There are a few in the Tulsa area that are just slightly better. Their new stores though are pretty nice, like larger Uptown Grocery's and more similar to newer HEB stores in Texas. I've only been to the newer one in Jenks though. Evidently they are planning on building an even nicer one in midtown by Brookside (former Food Pyramid).
    The one I went to was on Harvard... It would be nice to have them here though. More options is never a bad thing.

  23. #73

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Does Reasor's have any stores like the Homeland at 18th and Classen or on NW 122nd and May?

    The entire Homeland brand suffers because they have so many stores they have just let go to crap despite having a few stores that are pretty decent.

  24. #74

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    The point of this thread was to compare national retailers and which markets they choose.

    Local chains don't really factor into that discussion.

  25. #75

    Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The point of this thread was to compare national retailers and which markets they choose.

    Local chains don't really factor into that discussion.
    You mean things that factor for Tulsa? (This will probably get deleted by Pete)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. OKC Retail Update
    By metro in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 315
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 09:10 AM
  2. Where/how should South OKC re-build its retail?
    By Spartan in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 11:33 PM
  3. OKC Consumer Confidence in Retail
    By ljbab728 in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 11:35 PM
  4. OKC Update on Future Retail!
    By progressiveboy in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 07:00 PM
  5. Retail offering explosion..Omaha/OKC/Tulsa
    By Omaha Cowboy in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-21-2006, 12:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO