Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

Default Re: OKC vs. Tulsa Retail

If we are including the metro areas....we had the first SAMs in the state (country for that matter)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    If we are including the metro areas....we had the first SAMs in the state (country for that matter)
    I didn't know that. That's pretty cool!

BTW, should probably add the Tile Shop to Tulsa first.

i thought i read awhile back that cabela's was confirmed for the Mem & western development in OKC? Has that Changed, or was it never written in stone?

Quote Originally Posted by rfjeep12 View Post
    i thought i read awhile back that cabela's was confirmed for the Mem & western development in OKC? Has that Changed, or was it never written in stone?
    That's a rumor much like Trader Joe's. It has not yet been officially announced.

Tulsa is also getting the first Garage clothing store in Oklahoma at Woodlands Hills ( they're mainly in the east coast and Canada)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Tulsa is also getting the first Garage clothing store in Oklahoma at Woodlands Hills ( they're mainly in the east coast and Canada)
    What are they? I've never heard of them.

It's a cheapo women's mall store:

http://www.garageclothing.com/us/?gc...Fchffgod0EMA4g

Oh.... Explains why I had not heard of them.

Oh man... now I'll have to drive to Tulsa for that to

I was going to say now that Cabela's has been officially announced it can be added to OKC's column. Looks like its already been done.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    That's a rumor much like Trader Joe's. It has not yet been officially announced.
    It's Official !!! Cabela's that is.

Building permit for this store at Penn Square today.

Will be taking 4,218 square feet.

Didn't OKC get the first Bass Pro Shops??

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    Didn't OKC get the first Bass Pro Shops??
    Yes.

Can't believe we left that off. It's now on the list. Thanks.

Surprised that QuikTrip in Tulsa hasn't been mentioned yet and that Pottery Barn came to OKC before tulsa

Surprised that QuikTrip in Tulsa hasn't been mentioned yet and that Pottery Barn came to OKC before tulsa
    QuickTrip is a completely different animal because the specifically agreed not to come to OKC in a handshake agreement with the OKC 7/11 franchise owner.

And I'm not sure if we want to get into convenience stores on this list. If we did, we'd have to add a whole most more for both cities.

I do think Reasor's should be listed as a Tulsa exclusive. It's significant and would be in the OKC metro (Edmond) if not for NIMBYs.

QuickTrip is a completely different animal because the specifically agreed not to come to OKC in a handshake agreement with the OKC 7/11 franchise owner.

And I'm not sure if we want to get into convenience stores on this list. If we did, we'd have to add a whole most more for both cities.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I do think Reasor's should be listed as a Tulsa exclusive. It's significant and would be in the OKC metro (Edmond) if not for NIMBYs.
    went into a Reasors the other day and it really was nothing special. Just a slightly better Homeland.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    went into a Reasors the other day and it really was nothing special. Just a slightly better Homeland.
    Depends on the store. Some of their older stores, like the one by Grand Lake in Langley, are about the same as a Homeland. There are a few in the Tulsa area that are just slightly better. Their new stores though are pretty nice, like larger Uptown Grocery's and more similar to newer HEB stores in Texas. I've only been to the newer one in Jenks though. Evidently they are planning on building an even nicer one in midtown by Brookside (former Food Pyramid).

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Depends on the store. Some of their older stores, like the one by Grand Lake in Langley, are about the same as a Homeland. There are a few in the Tulsa area that are just slightly better. Their new stores though are pretty nice, like larger Uptown Grocery's and more similar to newer HEB stores in Texas. I've only been to the newer one in Jenks though. Evidently they are planning on building an even nicer one in midtown by Brookside (former Food Pyramid).
    The one I went to was on Harvard... It would be nice to have them here though. More options is never a bad thing.

Does Reasor's have any stores like the Homeland at 18th and Classen or on NW 122nd and May?

The entire Homeland brand suffers because they have so many stores they have just let go to crap despite having a few stores that are pretty decent.

The point of this thread was to compare national retailers and which markets they choose.

Local chains don't really factor into that discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The point of this thread was to compare national retailers and which markets they choose.

Local chains don't really factor into that discussion.
    You mean things that factor for Tulsa? (This will probably get deleted by Pete)

Thread Information