Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quail Springs Mall invaded

Default Quail Springs Mall invaded

Default Re: Quail Springs Mall invaded

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post
    You do a lot of shopping at jc penny at 2am?

Next thing you know there'll be a real mall terrorist attack.

Next thing you know there'll be a real mall terrorist attack.
    You're probably right, those never happened before, so law enforcement training on it will precede the false flag operation.

Not in America , they probably know something and instead of warning us they will wait till something bad happens

Not in America , they probably know something and instead of warning us they will wait till something bad happens
    deadliest mall shootings, mass shootings in America, violence, jacob roberts

False flags happen.... Gulf of Tonkin , the burning of the Reichstag, etc......

LOL, conspiracies are everywhere for some people. WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!!!

Lone shooters don't equal terrorist

I have no idea what the point of saying that is or what it has to do with story, but it's not true.

Don't be so quick to judge . . .
    Isn't there an old saying along the lines of "No PR Is Bad PR?"

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Don't be so quick to judge . . .
    Isn't there an old saying along the lines of "No PR Is Bad PR?"
    It is called "security theater" and it gives people bureaucratic jobs to provide funds and organizing for "inter-agency" cooperation. What a complete waste of taxpayer money. You can't plan for every contingency, the government cannot "make us safe." But, they can make us think they are making us safer.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    It is called "security theater" and it gives people bureaucratic jobs to provide funds and organizing for "inter-agency" cooperation. What a complete waste of taxpayer money. You can't plan for every contingency, the government cannot "make us safe." But, they can make us think they are making us safer.
    Maybe so, but there would be a huge outcry if something like this happened and the government revealed that they had never had a realistic training for it. I have no problem with it at all or the small amount of money that might be involved.

It was fairly slow traffic there today. Arts Festival drains the patrons a bit. Like the Fair does.

I think i might go up there and park and watch the DHS agents deploy from their Bradley Fighting Vehicles or LAV-25s and pretend to play "soldier".

Contrary to popular belief most attacks are going to be over and done with before first law enforcement officer can set food on property. Quail Springs should be investing in well trained security personnel and security measures in and around the mall. I am not talking about not talking about geeked up security guards with an arsenal and expensive toys the government uses. I am talking about people trained to aggressively sniff out the unusual from the usual and properly designed campus layouts that discourage attacks.

How is doing this kind of mass-situational drill any different from the training emergency responders do for mass casualty incidents, or even building fire drills, for that matter? This is pretty standard protocol and puts their ops folks in a new situation so they have an inkling of what to do beyond what's written "on paper" in a similar situation. If this were not publicized, I doubt this would be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by FritterGirl View Post
    How is doing this kind of mass-situational drill any different from the training emergency responders do for mass casualty incidents, or even building fire drills, for that matter? This is pretty standard protocol and puts their ops folks in a new situation so they have an inkling of what to do beyond what's written "on paper" in a similar situation. If this were not publicized, I doubt this would be an issue.
    Its just more attempt to desensitize the public to automatic weapons and military style policing. It has no place in the public eye or public sector. I want my cop to look and act like Andy Taylor , not a member of Blackwater. Those of you ok with this its your right , I have my own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by garin
    Its just more attempt to desensitize the public to automatic weapons and military style policing. It has no place in the public eye or public sector. I want my cop to look and act like Andy Taylor , not a member of Blackwater. Those of you ok with this its your right , I have my own opinions.
    They're trying to de-sensitize people, which is why they're trying to do the drill at 2 a.m. instead of during a busy day at the mall. Okay.

So if the City along with the Sheriff's office. for example, were to put on a fire evacuation drill from the Chesapeake Center, say, or wanted to work with other Emergency Ops units to stage "mass casualty" incident drills, it's all part of a conspiracy? How about it's part of simply being prepared. I'm more "afeared" of what I see coming out of any one of the gun shows at the State Fair than I would ever be of an emergency ops/terrorism preparedness drill. If we started talking more about gun "safety" (and yes, by "safety" I mean regulations, plus stiffer ID requirements/background checks, as well as the overall mental heath of this country, then maybe we would have less to fear, as would the FBI.

I'm sure most cops would love to act and look like Andy Taylor as well, but they don't have a choice, given with what they have to face in today's world. Last week you were standing tall in support of Cliven Bundy, but his type of fringe group is exactly the kind of group (along with foreign terrorist groups) that our current FBI has to deal with and be prepared for.

I want my cop to look and act like Andy Taylor , not a member of Blackwater.
    I actually agree with you on this one - most of the time, a police officer should be more like Andy Taylor emphasizing the "serve" part of their motto.

Where do cops go around patrolling like Blackwater? I see cops everyday in uniform, gun, badge and concealed vest. I don't see a lot of full-body armor, helmets, tactical rigs, drop holsters and kitted-out AR-15's except for rare circumstances like this. Perhaps poking some holes in the tinfoil hat or pushing it above your eyes, you could see the world for what it is, not what you fear it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    I think i might go up there and park and watch the DHS agents deploy from their Bradley Fighting Vehicles or LAV-25s and pretend to play "soldier".
    I think I'll wait until it comes out on DVD or Netflix. (You reckon there might be a cameo appearance by Chuck Norris, Bruce Willis or Wesly Snipes?)

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the reason they are doing this at 1:00 AM is to keep it out of "public eye or public sector" Do you think there will be a lot of shoppers there at that time of night? If you want your police to look and act like Andy Taylor move to a real small town with no crime, personally I'm glad LEO's train for this type of situation and hope they never have to use that training..... other wise they would be bumbling around like Andy Taylor not knowing what to do.

They do it at 2 am as it is easier to control the simulation, avoids scaring small children, and yet still allows tin-hatters to have their kittens and wallow about all soaked in fret, angst and puddles of conspiracy juice. Kind of a 3-fer when you think it through.

Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong .... other wise they would be bumbling around like Andy Taylor not knowing what to do.
    Andy Taylor ALWAYS knew just what to do. I think you might have been thinking about Deputy Barney "Nip it in the Bud" Fife.

Thread Information