Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Deercrest Marketplace

Default Re: Deercrest Marketplace

They were out doing soil samples on the plot of land which I assume would be the Walmart gas station which is the lot just south of where Taco Bell is going

^

Yes, that parcel is owned by Walmart.

Maybe this is a sign that they will finally be going forward with their supercenter.

Lots of dirt moving in the northeast part of the property. Is that the Taco Bell?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCAg2002 View Post
    Lots of dirt moving in the northeast part of the property. Is that the Taco Bell?
    This is where Taco Bell is building... Is this where you saw dirt moving?

Yep. That’s the spot. I drove by yesterday and it looks like the grade beams have all been set and poured.

Anything else coming soon to that corner?

Also, anything going into the strip center that looks to be completed on memorial just before the Kilpatrick exit to Rockwell?

Quote Originally Posted by jarrington00 View Post
    Anything else coming soon to that corner?

Also, anything going into the strip center that looks to be completed on memorial just before the Kilpatrick exit to Rockwell?
    There haven't been any new building permits filed for either.

I noticed the land proposed for the Chick-fil-A (next to Farmer's and across the street from 7-Eleven), has utility flags and surveying stakes all over it now.

The survey stakes make it appear there will be a road or entrance that cuts through the middle from the Rockwell side.

Could be preparing this plat for Chick-fil-a and future development but just speculation at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrington00 View Post
    I noticed the land proposed for the Chick-fil-A (next to Farmer's and across the street from 7-Eleven), has utility flags and surveying stakes all over it now.

The survey stakes make it appear there will be a road or entrance that cuts through the middle from the Rockwell side.

Could be preparing this plat for Chick-fil-a and future development but just speculation at this point.
    Yes. It is for a road. Will make an L shape from rockwell to memorial. I expect Chick-fil-A will start their preparations once the roads are in so probably see planning and permitting soon

Here are some photos I grabbed today of the progress of Taco Bell at Deer Crest and the dirt work being done on the other side of the intersection.

^

Thanks!

I drove by that area today and activity has definitely ramped up. There's also a huge pile of dirt by the PayCom building in the empty lot to the east.

I drove by that area today and activity has definitely ramped up. There's also a huge pile of dirt by the PayCom building in the empty lot to the east.
    They are in the process of building another building.

The Taco Bell looks close to being complete. Anything else new on this corner?

The Taco Bell looks close to being complete. Anything else new on this corner?
    Not yet.

Walmart still owns that big parcel in the interior so I'm sure they'll build eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not yet.

Walmart still owns that big parcel in the interior so I'm sure they'll build eventually.
    I take it they are still committed to that site as they are selling off some of their undeveloped land. In Broken Arrow they are selling 16 acres which I believe would hold one of the newer downsized Supercenters.
    https://walmart-realty.scdn2.secure....-ave-flyer.pdf

They are definitely not building the behemoths they used to build. I know many small towns are getting the smaller stores. In my wife’s home town in Kentucky they built a super center about the size of a Sam’s.

From todays planning commission meeting agenda:

Reason for Request
    Deercrest Boulevard was constructed and dedicated separate from the Deercrest Marketplace plat / development. When the original Deercrest Marketplace development was approved and started, Walmart was a part of the development. They later pulled out of the development, and then a new group picked it up and completed it. The new development group is moving toward a different naming scheme and want the name of this street to be more general, to allow flexibility later. Changing the name to Marketplace Boulevard would accomplish this goal. The street will also serve as primary access to a future development that is east of the Deercrest Marketplace development.

Sounds like Walmart is not happening. But as of today, shows they still own the property.

I’d be fine if Walmart pulls out, but the area really could use a grocery store that caters to the needs of the residents.

If Walmart isn't going to build there, they are going to have to sell that land.

It's a great location and some big store would love to have that parcel.

If Walmart isn't going to build there, they are going to have to sell that land.

It's a great location and some big store would love to have that parcel.
    This would be a prime location for a new crest. Replace the location at hefner and rockwell.

Could spur development like around the crest in Yukon.

Unfortunately I could see Walmart sitting on the lane for years just in case they change plans. I forgot her developer of the land around there

Taco Bell opened up last week.

Pawtopia looks to be the first tenant in that strip mall that has been unoccupied for quite a while now.

On the southwest corner of Memorial/Rockwell there was what looked to be a survey crew measuring stuff this afternoon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WPW9bhZ.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	482.6 KB 
ID:	17646

Obviously it's never going to happen, but this would be a great place to take some stabs at denser development, especially given the proximity to such a huge employer like Paycom. This area is substantially bigger than Oak.

Currently just a Taco Bell and a truck parking lot on the streets.

Hopefully Walmart sells this off if they choose not to build. Otherwise it’s a big area thats held hostage for years. The outparcels seem to be waiting for direction of what happens with the Walmart land I assume.

Thread Information