Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Deercrest Marketplace

Default Re: Deer Crest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I was actually agreeing with you. They obtained all the necessary approvals some time ago and bought the land, but has done nothing since.

I suspect they are in a holding pattern, although I'm sure the developer is trying to push them along so they can develop the rest of the property around it.
    Thats the other good point, the rest of development. Walmart was just part of a bigger layout. Personally I don’t like this location for Walmart. Paycom is still growing and I’d like to see either more business or other type retail. Even a nice Warren type theater, I always felt this was a perfect spot for that right off turnpike.

The challenge with a big box like Walmart is they have so much money they can sit on their land forever if they choose. This land or the empty massive land between Paycom and Rockwell would have been ideal for a Penn type development (the one proposed on Penn/NWE).

Seeing ground work I assume its internal road work. Keep hoping this WalMart gets cancelled otherwise this intersection is gonna be crappy like others to the east (Penn/Western/May).

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Seeing ground work I assume its internal road work. Keep hoping this WalMart gets cancelled otherwise this intersection is gonna be crappy like others to the east (Penn/Western/May).
    They bought their property within this proposed development.

Very, very little chance they don't eventually build there.

They bought their property within this proposed development.

Very, very little chance they don't eventually build there.
    Lots of dirt work happened at Deer Crest this week. Several piles of brush created and cleared away and roads being prepped. Even have a few port-a-potty's being set up. Something's brewing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0875.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	15723  

Quote Originally Posted by Executionist View Post
    Lots of dirt work happened at Deer Crest this week. Several piles of brush created and cleared away and roads being prepped. Even have a few port-a-potty's being set up. Something's brewing.
    The portapotty has been there for a year.

They have been working on the streets slowly over the last few months

Update to Deer Crest: They have poured a lot of the curbs for the roads. Utilities seem to be mostly done.

They obviously don’t have anyone wanting to start development soon as they have been moving at snails pace.
    They poured this concret curbs probably in November and haven’t touched it since

Good for a rally track

There have no building permits filed for this site, by Walmart or anyone else.

Walmart still owns their parcels.

This developer moves at snail pace. They ripped up and the curbs along memorial and rockwell months ago and now stopped work so there is just drop itÂ’s and cones.

I wish the city could be proactive and prevent this from happening in some manner. They shouldnÂ’t be able to do curb cuts and then just leave it like this

B.D. Eddie has updated the Deer Crest webpage, adding new drone footage showing the current Weokie, 7-Eleven and other projects that have been or are currently under construction. Still using older photos, but this video is new within the last few weeks.

A lot of dirt/gravel work going on this past week. They're spending money and updating the website for a reason. Nothing on timeframes/tenants, though.

https://bde-kbi.com/2

^

Looks like they are trying to sell the pad sites.

Default Re: Deercrest Marketplace

Looks like they are finally going to build something here; a small strip center along Memorial.

Walmart still owns the big, center tract.

I’m still convinced this development is a prime destination for a new Chick-fil-A.

Wishful thinking on my part.

Also I understand that the development map is just conceptual but they have made the big building east of the Walmart building sure resemble a Home Depot or Lowe’s type layout. Will be interesting to see how this develops when it finally does...moving very slow paced so far

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    I’m still convinced this development is a prime destination for a new Chick-fil-A.

Wishful thinking on my part.

Also I understand that the development map is just conceptual but they have made the big building east of the Walmart building sure resemble a Home Depot or Lowe’s type layout. Will be interesting to see how this develops when it finally does...moving very slow paced so far
    Your probably right on a long enough timeline about Chick-fil-A. I easily see one being built near that area. Home Depot or Lowes seem too close to Penn and Memorial stores. Walmart can get away with it, but even they are taking their time on this location due to the close proximity.

The city really needs to establish new regulations limiting curb cuts.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    The city really needs to establish new regulations limiting curb cuts.
    I thought the exact same thing looking at that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I thought the exact same thing looking at that picture.
    Hopefully no development within this gets curb cuts and only has access from the streets built.

Looks like they are clearing land and staking at least on plot, any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    Looks like they are clearing land and staking at least on plot, any updates?
    I'm sure that's for the one strip center along Memorial.

That's the only thing in the works for the immediate future.

I'm sure that's for the one strip center along Memorial.

That's the only thing in the works for the immediate future.
    Seems it’s become a semi truck rest stop. Usually 4-5 semi truck and trailers parked here at all times now. Not sure if that’s allowed or not. Guess at least someone making use of the new development roads

Taco Bell is going in here:

Thread Information