Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Deercrest Marketplace

Default Re: Deer Crest

Where did you find that info? That's great news for my neck of the woods.

They closed on the 18.4 acres for just over $4 million in April.

Still have not applied for a building permit.

3. Default Re: Deer Crest

Any update on this impactful project?

4. Default Re: Deer Crest

Quote Originally Posted by SnrPhnx View Post
    Any update on this impactful project?
    Nothing??!! Has anyone heard any updated info on this site or the possible new format 7-11 coming to the SE corner of Rockwell & Memorial? It’s been almost a full year since any news has circulated regarding this development. The website still has WalMart listed as the anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by SnrPhnx View Post
    Nothing??!! Has anyone heard any updated info on this site or the possible new format 7-11 coming to the SE corner of Rockwell & Memorial? It’s been almost a full year since any news has circulated regarding this development. The website still has WalMart listed as the anchor.
    No building permits whatsoever for Deer Crest or that 7-11 property.

Remember, 7-11 owns all types of property and it's not unusual for them to sit on something for many years.

any updates for Deer Crest development?

Nope.

No permits of any kind out there.

Strange, because Walmart obtained all the necessary approvals, had construction plans drawn, etc.

Default Re: NE Corner of Memorial Road and Rockwell Avenue

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I talked to the developers and they didn't seem to have any anchor tenants lined up yet.
    Do you still have contact with the developer on this?

Default Re: NE Corner of Memorial Road and Rockwell Avenue

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo View Post
    Do you still have contact with the developer on this?
    I haven't talked to them for a while because absolutely nothing is happening here.

Remember that developers and commercial real estate people are primarily salesmen and what they tell you and what is actually happening are usually not the same thing. It's why I keep such a sharp eye on the various permits and public documents. Many times I've been told something 'will be starting any day' then I look and see there are no permits filed or they have been filed and there has been no movement. Actions are much more reliable than words when it comes to development.

Blog Entries

The traffic at this intersection in the morning and afternoon is crazy - especially morning. Cars exiting off the turnpike traveling west try to merge to the right and many cars on memorial try to get left to go to Farmers. It's a madhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    The traffic at this intersection in the morning and afternoon is crazy - especially morning. Cars exiting off the turnpike traveling west try to merge to the right and many cars on memorial try to get left to go to Farmers. It's a madhouse.
    Paycom traffic has mad this intersection a nightmare, most of them are young inexperienced drivers who cut each other off and generally don’t pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    I highly recommend emailing Councilman Stonecipher, ward8@okc.gov to help with this intersection. I did this and did get a response. There needs to be right-turn lanes and improved signal timing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I highly recommend emailing Councilman Stonecipher, ward8@okc.gov to help with this intersection. I did this and did get a response. There needs to be right-turn lanes and improved signal timing.
    This may be the first instance where I have seen traffic police trying to direct traffic NOT in an intersection! They were directing the merging traffic off of the turnpike getting onto memorial and merging to the right the other day!

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    There are right turn lanes here. Going west on Mem or getting off Turnpike approaching Rockwell:

1. Left only turn lane (turn south onto Rockwell)
    2. Straight or left lane (turn south onto Rockwell or go straight west onMem)
    3. Straight only lane (to go west on Mem)
    4. Right turn lane only (to go north on Rockwell)

The problem is the Turnpike exit ramps are too close to Rockwell. So like someone said its a madhouse of merging cars in a very compacted area.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    There are right turn lanes here. Going west on Mem or getting off Turnpike approaching Rockwell:

1. Left only turn lane (turn south onto Rockwell)
    2. Straight or left lane (turn south onto Rockwell or go straight west onMem)
    3. Straight only lane (to go west on Mem)
    4. Right turn lane only (to go north on Rockwell)

The problem is the Turnpike exit ramps are too close to Rockwell. So like someone said its a madhouse of merging cars in a very compacted area.
    I was referring to adding them on N/S Rockwell. But you are right about the exits are too close to Rockwell.

The lights need to be timed to be able to Left off Memorial and not have to stop at the light on S. Rockwell.

The morning Left onto W. Memorial needs to be timed as it gridlocks the N. bound Rockwell traffic at the S. Memorial light (near 7-11).

the traffic yesterday would be that there are lane closures as they are in the process of repainting the lines on the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    Paycom traffic has mad this intersection a nightmare, most of them are young inexperienced drivers who cut each other off and generally don’t pay attention.
    that is some gross exaggeration there... i drive this section of road every weekday... and most of the drivers are not a problem.. it's a congestion issue

Right now its maxed out road/traffic wise. If they build this Walmart/business complex it will be a total cluster as is.

The city needs get off duffs and look at this area including Paycom traffic related problems. And work with Turnpike folks to find solutions. Figure out how to work together to make this area work. This quadrant is the fastest growing area of OKC. Yet if Walmart builds it will deadlock traffic. Bigger worry is Paycom getting fed up and some other state enticing them to move HQ. Both of the northern corners on Rockwell/Mem are empty massive land/lots (west and east northern corners of Mem/Rock). Prime land. Yet our roads are not ready for it. Maybe Walmart is waiting for road improvements?

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Right now its maxed out road/traffic wise. If they build this Walmart/business complex it will be a total cluster as is.

The city needs get off duffs and look at this area including Paycom traffic related problems. And work with Turnpike folks to find solutions. Figure out how to work together to make this area work. This quadrant is the fastest growing area of OKC. Yet if Walmart builds it will deadlock traffic. Bigger worry is Paycom getting fed up and some other state enticing them to move HQ. Both of the northern corners on Rockwell/Mem are empty massive land/lots (west and east northern corners of Mem/Rock). Prime land. Yet our roads are not ready for it. Maybe Walmart is waiting for road improvements?
    while i agree with all of your points of what must be done... Paycom isn't moving their HQ anytime in even the mid future... they are dedicated to OKC as long as the current CEO is in charge

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    while i agree with all of your points of what must be done... Paycom isn't moving their HQ anytime in even the mid future... they are dedicated to OKC as long as the current CEO is in charge
    I agree nothing would happen soon. But as employees complain having to sit 10-15 minutes just to get oit of parking lot eventually they leave. When Paycom struggles to get quality employees because of traffic deadlock thats when things change. I know many who left and cited traffic as not the only reason but one of the reasons. We can’t wait til its too late. Its a big joke to every Paycom worker, the traffic headache. Build Walmart and it gets worse for Paycom workers too.

They are a great company to have and we need to think ahead to preserve it. OKC has spent zero dollars on surrounding roads other than a light north of Rockwell/Mem and 4 lanking a 1/4 mile section to the apartments. Walmart would cause lots of issues because its also a business park planned which would add more rush hour traffic.

HangryHippo Guest

Paycom could move to another area of OKC that has better traffic dispersal options or (gasp!) public transit available.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Paycom could move to another area of OKC that has better traffic dispersal options or (gasp!) public transit available.
    public transit... what is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    They have spent a metric crap ton of money out there on that campus. To move from it would be an asinine waste of money. OKC needs to help make that area better, since there are 2 big companies with large investments in place.

Maybe that's why Walmart has not built yet. Talking to whoever to get this traffic mess cleaned up, adding ramps and such?

Thread Information