Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Deercrest Marketplace

Default Re: Deer Crest

Walmart doesn't always go free-standing; Westgate Marketplace and Belle Isle are two quick examples.

And they will certainly conform to the design of the center if the developers force that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Walmart doesn't always go free-standing; Westgate Marketplace and Belle Isle are two quick examples.

And they will certainly conform to the design of the center if the developers force that issue.
    Those are both free-standing, are they not? They aren't actually attached to any other buildings around them like what is depicted in the rendering upthread. Not disagreeing that they wouldn't build as shown though.

They aren't technically attached to other structures but are in the middle of larger centers and very much a part of them.

I've seen Walmarts in malls with portals directly into the mall. That was a long time ago, though.

The northwest part of the city is probably least saturated by Walmart. This will change quickly when they build this super center and probably at least two or three neighbor markets in the area in the near future.

I wouldn't mind a neighborhood market in the Western and Memorial area where either of those crappy run down shopping strips are. Its time for some redevelopment north of the turnpike near Western. The Oncue was a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I've seen Walmarts in malls with portals directly into the mall. That was a long time ago, though.
    I Walmart I went to in California was like that, could only enter it from inside the mall I believe. Was also A 2 story one, I'm guessing it went into an old department store like a Montgomery Wards or something from what it looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Didn't the Shawnee Mall open with a Wal Mart as one of their anchors?

This will be a huge tax booster for Deer Creek Schools, very pumped for that

It would be nice if Walmart just moved their HQ to OKC since they seem bent on having a Walmart every mile or so around the city.

You know, maybe just Wal-Mart is kicking everyone's collective ass here, realizing the growth of this city, and striking while the iron is hot. Meanwhile, all these other outlets are sitting on the sidelines staring at spreadsheets trying to decide if they can make it work. Wal-Mart is and they're printing money.

Yep, and the few times I've been in a Walmart they are crazy busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yep, and the few times I've been in a Walmart they are crazy busy.
    And I'll give them a little credit too like you've done with Sam's recently. Their app is pretty cool, and with more locations doing grocery pick up, they're only getting better. They have a thing on their app where you scan you QR code on your receipt and if someone else advertises lower prices on an item you bought they'll add that difference to your account and over time you can build that up and cash them in for gift cards. Would take a while to do but still neat.

I'm not a huge fan of Walmart, but a new HQ in OKC would be welcomed from me in the form of a tower or a campus. They started in Shawnee, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    You know, maybe just Wal-Mart is kicking everyone's collective ass here, realizing the growth of this city, and striking while the iron is hot. Meanwhile, all these other outlets are sitting on the sidelines staring at spreadsheets trying to decide if they can make it work. Wal-Mart is and they're printing money.
    This

And I'll give them a little credit too like you've done with Sam's recently. Their app is pretty cool, and with more locations doing grocery pick up, they're only getting better. They have a thing on their app where you scan you QR code on your receipt and if someone else advertises lower prices on an item you bought they'll add that difference to your account and over time you can build that up and cash them in for gift cards. Would take a while to do but still neat.
    I admit I HATE WalMart, but I do take advantage of the app and QR scanner. We've received about $50 back since we started using last December. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    I admit I HATE WalMart, but I do take advantage of the app and QR scanner. We've received about $50 back since we started using last December. Not bad.
    Wow that's not bad at all.

I use the app and have about $40 on the app now, haven't cashed it in. I'm thinking I may combine that with the various cash back programs with my credit cards and buy a new TV, I probably have enough rewards money between my credit cards and WalMart Saving Catcher to make a significant dent in a really nice TV.

I pretty much exlusively do all my grocery shopping at WalMart and Costco now. Really they have all we need. I can't get behind paying more at Target for the same things I need.

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

Site plan

Any more word on when this will be starting? I've started to notice more survey flags for outparcels and utility markings.

Any permits been issued yet?

I couldn't find any permits for this project.

And I'll give them a little credit too like you've done with Sam's recently. Their app is pretty cool, and with more locations doing grocery pick up, they're only getting better.
    That Sam's app is killer. No more waiting in lines at all. Scan as you go, checkout in the app, doorman scans your app bar code, counts the items, and then your on your way. Love it.

23. Default Re: Deer Crest

Any updates? I figured we'd see graders and earthmovers trolling around by this time. Any permitting info yet? Anything...? Bueller,... Bueller?

I don't think they've even filed for building permits yet.

And once that happens, you are still months out from work starting.

Haven't found any permits for this yet but I do see now where Walmart has closed on the property so I'd expect things to get started in the near future.

Thread Information