Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: General Road Construction in Moore

Default General Road Construction in Moore

Just created this to list and discuss the non-major specific road projects happening around Moore.

Default Re: General Road Construction on Moore

Not too familiar with Moore so I'm not sure how much this is needed, but here it is:

Rod Cleveland would like to serve a third term as the Cleveland County commissioner for District 1, which includes parts of Moore and South Oklahoma City. Cleveland says one of the problems he'd like to solve is the difficult issue of getting an overpass at 34th Street and I-35.

- See more at: News | Moore Monthly

Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

That area is in desperate need of this overpass. It would help with the terrible traffic at 19th street.

NW 5th Street, from Broadway to Markwell
    Project Description: Reconstruct NW 5th Street from Broadway Avenue to Markwell Street. Project includes storm sewer improvements and improvements to the NW 5th Street/Service Road/Telephone Road intersection.

Project Status: Under Construction
    - 5 For the Future | City of Moore

Here's what's on the C/O Moore's web site today about it...

"TIGER Grant

Project Description: This is a newly announced grant opportunity from the Federal DOT. The City of Moore intends to apply for funding to be used to construct the S. 34th Street Overpass. It is anticipated that if this overpass is constructed, the traffic congestion experienced on S. 19th Street will be greatly reduced. The overpass will also provide an important link from the southwest side of Moore to the southeast side of Moore, as well as providing strategic economic development opportunities along the I-35 corridor. Very few details are known yet about the grant application, but City Staff is monitoring its status regularly. Estimated Cost: $20.228 million. Project Status: Grant Request Denied. The City of Moore received notice that this project was not selected for funding."

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerVIC View Post
    Here's what's on the C/O Moore's web site today about it...

"TIGER Grant

Project Description: This is a newly announced grant opportunity from the Federal DOT. The City of Moore intends to apply for funding to be used to construct the S. 34th Street Overpass. It is anticipated that if this overpass is constructed, the traffic congestion experienced on S. 19th Street will be greatly reduced. The overpass will also provide an important link from the southwest side of Moore to the southeast side of Moore, as well as providing strategic economic development opportunities along the I-35 corridor. Very few details are known yet about the grant application, but City Staff is monitoring its status regularly. Estimated Cost: $20.228 million. Project Status: Grant Request Denied. The City of Moore received notice that this project was not selected for funding."
    That's too bad.

I can't be certain but I think that was an old grant which Norman got for the Rock Creek Bridge and doesn't relate to any current efforts they are pursuing for the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    I can't be certain but I think that was an old grant which Norman got for the Rock Creek Bridge and doesn't relate to any current efforts they are pursuing for the bridge.
    Looks like it was from 2009?

ARRA Stimulus Projects | City of Moore

From Moore Monthly

City Council Approves Redesign of Busy 19th Street Intersection
    by Sarah Jensen
    Jul 08, 2014

MOORE, Okla.- The Moore City Council unanimously voted to approve the redesign of a busy 19th Street intersection at its Monday meeting.

The agreement grants Red Plains Professional, Inc. the rights to utilize its engineering services for the redesign of the intersection of Max Morgan Drive and SW 19th Street. The project will also extend Max Morgan Drive to help serve additional commercial development that is currently in the works in the area.

The project is set to cost approximately $19,600.

No word yet on when construction will begin.

- See more at: News | Moore Monthly

Anybody know the details on this? I can't see how the redesign of this intersection would trump other areas that are way busier. Either way 20k won't buy much!

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    Anybody know the details on this? I can't see how the redesign of this intersection would trump other areas that are way busier. Either way 20k won't buy much!
    If I recall right... dual left turn lanes... dedicated right turn lanes... and that is it. They really need to widen every road in this stretch to 3 lanes each way and reconfigure the service roads to one way, 3 lanes each way.... which remove two traffic lights.. a couple new over passes and the traffic congestion would decrease significantly.

Agreed, they need a lot more work than 20k worth, I'm not sure why there hasn't been more discussion on this, surely they'be been made aware as they continue to add the traffic is only going to get worse. To fully develop/redevelop everything that's happening in the area they need to address an overpass at 34th and redo 19th and 4th streets on/off ramps, service road, etc

I can not wait until. sams, Winco and the new garden ridge store along with all the other developments like the pipeline gets built and 19th roads are still the same. Nightmare upon the already nightmare!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    I can not wait until. sams, Winco and the new garden ridge store along with all the other developments like the pipeline gets built and 19th roads are still the same. Nightmare upon the already nightmare!!!
    It will definitely be interesting to see how the city handles it, that's for sure. It seems to, that this area is ripe for a Costco to open up some day.

HangryHippo Guest

Agreed, they need a lot more work than 20k worth, I'm not sure why there hasn't been more discussion on this, surely they'be been made aware as they continue to add the traffic is only going to get worse. To fully develop/redevelop everything that's happening in the area they need to address an overpass at 34th and redo 19th and 4th streets on/off ramps, service road, etc
    To *fully* develop/redevelop everything, they need to start over with a better site plan and fewer curb cuts. Then they could work the traffic routes around a better layout.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Max Morgan Drive the North Bound 1/2 of Fritz Blvd. going back into L.A. Fitness? If the dual left turn lanes are going North as well as the dedicated right turn line also going North that seems pretty adequate for what is there even if the rumored Costco does go in next to L.A. Fitness. If you make them required to only have a right turn only onto 19th Street and use the Max Morgan as the primary entrance this could work.

The way I read it, 20K is to pay for engineering only.

Is there a Costco rumored for Moore on 19th street??

19. Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    Is there a Costco rumored for Moore on 19th street??
    There is a Winco confirmed... Haven't heard anything about a Costco but things could get interesting if we got a Costco with the new Sam's and Winco.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    There is a Winco confirmed... Haven't heard anything about a Costco but things could get interesting if we got a Costco with the new Sam's and Winco.
    Agreed

I read somewhere, thought it was on here, that Costco was eyeing a site around there but I can't for the life of me find the information anymore so maybe it was a dream. Also reading through the Costco tread as well it appears their OKC plans have slowed and that site may not be available anymore when / if they decide to come to Moore.

This area seems like a no brainer for a Costco someday

The article says that the first year revenue from the Sams is expected to be 2.8 million. At the current rate it looks like the city gets 3.75% of the 8.5% collected. If I am not an embarrassment to my former math teachers that would put yearly sales at around 74.5 million? I knew they did a lot of business but that seems really high to me for some reason.

Surprisingly enough that is just around $200,000 a day which is believable to me.

Thread Information