Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 120 of 120
  1. #101

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore


  2. #102

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    I have my doubts but I hope they use the opportunity to repave or redo SW 34 between Santa Fe and Western. The current road is an absolute mess and my understanding is that neither Moore or OKC want to take responsibility of fixing it.

    Also Santa Fe south of 34 is becoming bad just outside of the Talavera neighborhood. I've seen ruts develop so deep that cars with low suspension were bottoming out.

  3. #103

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    Didn't see a specific topic for 4th Street Railroad crossing so I thought this fit best here.

    Moore has released the information for their 2018 Bond Packages which includes a 4th Street railroad underpass for $27,860,000. Other road improvement packages are tied into the 4th Street underpass adding $15,190,033 for a total $43,050,000 for just Bond Package 1.

    The other 4 Bond Packages total an additional $5,565,000.00. City says it would add $8.00 per year per $100,000 of value.

    https://www.cityofmoore.com/2018-bond-election

  4. #104

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    I for one will be voting NO for all these. Property taxes are already too high in Moore as it is now!!

  5. #105

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    Not sure about how high the property taxes are in Moore but Moore has become a very nice community and becomes more so every time I visit. I’m guessing that’s a result of increased investment which I hope continues with these bond packages.

  6. #106

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Not sure about how high the property taxes are in Moore but Moore has become a very nice community and becomes more so every time I visit. I’m guessing that’s a result of increased investment which I hope continues with these bond packages.
    They are high and it is time to put a stop to it. Time for Moore to become a lower class city and ease off on the dang property taxes. I hope my neighborhood will decline more so my property value will go down and give some relief on the property taxes I pay.

  7. #107

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    They are high and it is time to put a stop to it. Time for Moore to become a lower class city and ease off on the dang property taxes. I hope my neighborhood will decline more so my property value will go down and give some relief on the property taxes I pay.
    If you tell me which street you actually live on I will arrange for some folks to come on over and trash the place out some to help your cause.
    Last edited by mblues; 05-21-2018 at 05:37 PM. Reason: missing word

  8. #108

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    The other 4 Bond Packages total an additional $5,565,000.00. City says it would add $8.00 per year per $100,000 of value.
    Robert, a correction: That is $8 per month (not year) per $100K of property value. Ain't it funny the way the City likes to use their own narrative when describing the proposition? We pay our property taxes once a year but the City likes to break it down to a per-month dollar figure to make it more digestible. $8 per month increase sounds a lot better than $96 a year increase when you're trying to sell a proposal to the public.

    My view is the 4th St railroad underpass (proposition 1) is far too expensive. Alone, it is $43 million of the total $48 million bond election. Everyone that purchased property East of the tracks knew trains were an inconvenience to be dealt with when you choose to use 4th St.

    My hope is not all 5 propositions will fail due to the overall cost of the entire bond election and that citizens will pass props 2 thru 5.

  9. Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    They are high and it is time to put a stop to it. Time for Moore to become a lower class city and ease off on the dang property taxes. I hope my neighborhood will decline more so my property value will go down and give some relief on the property taxes I pay.
    Wow what a shortsighted comment. The vast majority of your property taxes are paid to the Moore School District, not the city. Furthermore, how dumb does it sound to hope the value of your biggest investment decreases substantially enough to lower your property tax bill?

  10. #110

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Wow what a shortsighted comment. The vast majority of your property taxes are paid to the Moore School District, not the city. Furthermore, how dumb does it sound to hope the value of your biggest investment decreases substantially enough to lower your property tax bill?
    I don't support Moore Public schools in any way other than my property taxes no kids in school. And I plan on not selling my house so the property value can drop like a rock as far as I am concerned.

  11. #111

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    I don't support Moore Public schools in any way other than my property taxes no kids in school. And I plan on not selling my house so the property value can drop like a rock as far as I am concerned.
    Why don't you just move out to the outskirts of town with very little services? Your fighting a losing battle if you want very little funding for education, roads, city services, etc. Moore aspires to be like Edmond, you might as well recognize that fact right now. Most owners right or wrong see their home as an investment, and see the obvious connection that well funded school districts have on property values.

    When it comes to the railway overpass, that comes down to who wants it, doesn't want it more and actually goes out to vote.

  12. #112

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    Robert, a correction: That is $8 per month (not year) per $100K of property value. Ain't it funny the way the City likes to use their own narrative when describing the proposition? We pay our property taxes once a year but the City likes to break it down to a per-month dollar figure to make it more digestible. $8 per month increase sounds a lot better than $96 a year increase when you're trying to sell a proposal to the public..
    Yeah I either miss read it or miss typed it but you are correct it is $8.00 per month.

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    My view is the 4th St railroad underpass (proposition 1) is far too expensive. Alone, it is $43 million of the total $48 million bond election.
    I agree it seems very expensive especially compared to Robinson Street underpass which was $25 million and $10 million of that was cost to Norman per NewsOK. It probably has more to due with the space available compared to Norman but Moore residents I don't feel should bare the whole cost. This underpass would be a benefit to BNSF a great deal and they should contribute to some extent. I also think ODOT should contribute a portion since 4th Street is a state highway.

    I did express my displeasure to the city that they lumped other road projects in with the underpass that are required. I'm not sure about the other road projects but I know the 34th Street resurfacing and widening was approved by the city in July 2012 and I think it will be something they will have to do regardless with the 34th overpass, new housing construction at Sendera Lakes and Talavera, and the increased traffic going that way from Southmoore.

  13. #113

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    This has been an issue in Moore and a lot of Oklahoma communities. Low Property prices and general cost of living has attracted out-of-staters. They sell their high dollar property in California or elsewhere, buy an equal sized property for a third the money. They are retired, no kids in school. They vote NO to school bonds, any civil expansion. Had one move across street from moms house. They called police on me for mowing without a grass catcher! Told officer it was illegal where they were from, officer said 'go back'.

  14. #114

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by drinner-okc View Post
    This has been an issue in Moore and a lot of Oklahoma communities. Low Property prices and general cost of living has attracted out-of-staters. They sell their high dollar property in California or elsewhere, buy an equal sized property for a third the money. They are retired, no kids in school. They vote NO to school bonds, any civil expansion. Had one move across street from moms house. They called police on me for mowing without a grass catcher! Told officer it was illegal where they were from, officer said 'go back'.
    If Californians want to move here, they better adapt to there being less of a nanny state than in Cali or they'll never make it.

  15. #115

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    "Don't California My Oklahoma"


  16. Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    Our property taxes went up to pay for the overpass being put in on 34th and I35. It shouldn't be our job to pay for all of this. We are taxed to death and the city continues to want more. I will vote...NO! Furthermore, the $7,300 I pay per year in property taxes is more than enough.

  17. #117

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by yunome12@yahoo.com View Post
    Our property taxes went up to pay for the overpass being put in on 34th and I35. It shouldn't be our job to pay for all of this. We are taxed to death and the city continues to want more. I will vote...NO! Furthermore, the $7,300 I pay per year in property taxes is more than enough.
    7300? What's your house valued at??

  18. #118

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    7300? What's your house valued at??
    must be 700K or so

  19. Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    $550k

  20. #120

    Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by yunome12@yahoo.com View Post
    Our property taxes went up to pay for the overpass being put in on 34th and I35. It shouldn't be our job to pay for all of this. We are taxed to death and the city continues to want more. I will vote...NO! Furthermore, the $7,300 I pay per year in property taxes is more than enough.
    Well who do you want to pay for it? Oklahoma City? Maybe the state of Oklahoma can pay for it? Which means you’re still paying for it.

    I guess we can call Texas and have them pay for it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Road Construction in Edmond
    By Plutonic Panda in forum Edmond
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 03-15-2018, 10:16 PM
  2. Road construction on wilshire...
    By Achilleslastand in forum Transportation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 10:31 PM
  3. Road construction
    By SoonerBoy18 in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 11:54 AM
  4. Road Construction
    By j7m7l7 in forum Norman
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-15-2012, 10:10 AM
  5. Sooner Road Construction
    By mmonroe in forum Midwest City/Del City
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 07:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO