Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: General Road Construction in Moore

Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    FYI - The 4th street railroad crossing will be closed 11/10-11/14 but I haven't heard why.
    Supposedly BNSF is doing some work on the crossing which apparently they can do at their leisure. From the City's facebook page:

The work on 4th street is being done by the BNSF railroad and the city does not control the timing of their work. Also we were not aware of the railroad's plan for the repairs when we started the 19th & Broadway project. - City Manager Steve Eddy.

They are responsible for fixing the level issues with the pavement correct? So if that is true that is something good to take from this

Correct they would be responsible for leveling the grade and this is most likely what they are doing since it is suppose to be a week.

4. Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

I have zero problem detouring to Main St for my drive to work if it means getting the grade repaired on the 4th St. crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by bucfan1512 View Post
    I think saying someone shouldn't blink at that amount just because they have a nice home is a slippery slope. As sharpshooter said where does it stop in the future for the "next" project.
    Probably when they put up one dumb enough to get shot down..I guess I'm not the only one that felt that amount wasn't life changing

To be honest, that whole area has been a nightmare for some time. I can't wait until it's all finished though, cause I really do like shopping over there.

9. Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

The 4th St railroad crossing will be closed another week due to "weather delays." Those tend to happen when you put a simple project off until mid-November (BNSF).

So the property tax was passed (we all knew it would) and we'll be getting a bridge. So say, five years from now we'll have a new bridge over 34th street. By that time I anticipate traffic will be at a high mark of frustration for many traveling that area and a bridge sans on/off ramps will only slightly curb the road rage. Any idea why they didn't include on/off ramps in the prop? It was going to pass either way, ESPECIALLY if there was going to be I35 access.

Anybody else think that by the time the bridge is underway there will be more serious discussions over the 19th street overpass, on/off ramps, and service roads?

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    Any idea why they didn't include on/off ramps in the prop?
    I think I remember seeing a post in one of the threads here where someone said that if Moore built the bridge, then ODOT may at least partially fund the cost of the the on/off ramps at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    Any idea why they didn't include on/off ramps in the prop?
    South of 19th to Tecumseh in Norman is considered Rural by ODOT. They have rules about how close ramps can be in 'Rural' areas. The state would have to reclassify that stretch as Urban to allow more ramps.

City Council Approves Start of Engineering Plans for Multiple Intersection Improvements

- See more at: News | The Moore Daily

City of Moore to Participate in I-35 Corridor Traffic Study

News | The Moore Daily

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    City of Moore to Participate in I-35 Corridor Traffic Study

News | The Moore Daily
    Let me save em money and just recommend they drive round Moore from 19th to north of Indian Hills for a couple hours. Study costs $10 and they have everything they need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    City Council Approves Start of Engineering Plans for Multiple Intersection Improvements

- See more at: News | The Moore Daily
    This probably explains why 7-11 hasn't been rebuilt yet.

City of Moore posted that a trailer damaged the railroad crossing at 4th Street and it will be closed indefinitely until they can make repairs.

South 4th Street - HWY 37 Closed at Railroad Crossing

News | The Moore Daily

34th St. bridge plans set. It should be starting construction by spring of 2017.

Possible 4th St. underpass for the railroad tracks: News | The Moore Daily

I-35 / S. 19th St in Moore is just a total mess. With all that right-of-way land in the intersection and all the planners could come up with is the mess they did?

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I-35 / S. 19th St in Moore is just a total mess. With all that right-of-way land in the intersection and all the planners could come up with is the mess they did?
    IMHO, the city just got very population dense in a very short window of time when they built the 2 fancy apartment complexes (one on the east side of 35 south of the Ross/JCP shopping center, the other off 19th street across from Target). Aside from this, it seems like most of the recent residential building in the area has been low density high cost neighborhoods (not counting the rebuilt neighborhoods that were hit by the 2013 tornado).

That interchange wasn't too bad 3 years ago, but now is just a nightmare with local traffic plus all the people who stop off on their way to visit one of the stores or restaurants.

I'm a bit torn. As a Moore resident, I like seeing the city grow since it brings in new stores and restaurants, but getting around just isn't as easy. They really should consider building a bridge over I35 that connects South 34th Street. This would help alleviate a lot of the crossover traffic and leave that I35/19th intersection for people who need to get on/off the highway.

22. Default Re: General Road Construction in Moore

Quote Originally Posted by skwillz View Post

I'm a bit torn. As a Moore resident, I like seeing the city grow since it brings in new stores and restaurants, but getting around just isn't as easy. They really should consider building a bridge over I35 that connects South 34th Street. This would help alleviate a lot of the crossover traffic and leave that I35/19th intersection for people who need to get on/off the highway.

How long have you been a Moore resident? They raised our property taxes last year to build a bridge over I-35 at 34th Street.

They are building one. They are working with ODOT and I believe the projected start date is 2017 or 2018 so it is a ways off however they have selected an preferred alternative.

OK. I wasn't aware that the plan had actually passed. Good to know!

OK. I wasn't aware that the plan had actually passed. Good to know!
    Yeap. I also believe ODOT has shown interest for it to have I-35 access and it originally was not planned for that but there was a study and I believe one was justified. We'll see if they do, however.

Thread Information