Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paycom Business News

Default Re: Paycom Business News

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    I came here to ask what is going on with Paycom? I follow the markets pretty closely but haven't kept an eye on PAYC stock in awhile. Thank god I didn't have any money in them. Are we about to see a ripple effect with layoffs, etc?
    should not have any effect on personal

paycom reported 10-12% revenue growth for 2024 ... the market was expecting 20+% growth ..

so the stock price is moving down to reflect that .. (maybe overcorrecting today)

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    should not have any effect on personal

paycom reported 10-12% revenue growth for 2024 ... the market was expecting 20+% growth ..

so the stock price is moving down to reflect that .. (maybe overcorrecting today)
    Good buying opportunity for the stock. It was nearly 400 just in July.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    i think i am leaning this way as well ..

i will likely but some options

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    I want too but I'm staying out. Holding too many bags already over the last couple years & certainly don't trust the market now lol.

Will be interesting to see full year results. Revenue growth was trending well above prior year but not as strong as originally planned. Their product is marketed as a tool that reduces payroll errors, and it does, but they generate a decent amount of revenue when their customers process extra payrolls beyond their scheduled payroll cycles. One of the solutions rolled out in 2021, Beti (Better Employee Transaction Interface), is an employee self-service tool that puts payroll responsibility on the employees. It may be too effective in some cases as it is resulting in cannibalization of off cycle revenue. The market analysts asked multiple questions about this situation in the 3rd Quarter earnings call. Paycom also appears to be seeking low hanging fruit with expansion into Canada and Mexico. Investors should keep an eye on customer retention as much as revenue growth.

Quote Originally Posted by EdOkCounty View Post
    Paycom also appears to be seeking low hanging fruit with expansion into Canada and Mexico.
    this is actually not the case. one of the biggest reasons they were told by some very very large accounts, that they couldn't make the switch to paycom was because of out of country employees. and that once the system supported that, then it was possible for those companies to make the switch. now i am out of the loop these days on new customers so i don't know if any of those companies have now switched over, but i can tell you that the move into canada and mexico was not for just some low hanging fruit, but at the request of some mega corporations. and the thought was since they were making the system work for those countries anyways, why not also look at smaller companies in those markets, since it's just additional revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by EdOkCounty View Post
    Will be interesting to see full year results. Revenue growth was trending well above prior year but not as strong as originally planned. Their product is marketed as a tool that reduces payroll errors, and it does, but they generate a decent amount of revenue when their customers process extra payrolls beyond their scheduled payroll cycles. One of the solutions rolled out in 2021, Beti (Better Employee Transaction Interface), is an employee self-service tool that puts payroll responsibility on the employees. It may be too effective in some cases as it is resulting in cannibalization of off cycle revenue. The market analysts asked multiple questions about this situation in the 3rd Quarter earnings call. Paycom also appears to be seeking low hanging fruit with expansion into Canada and Mexico. Investors should keep an eye on customer retention as much as revenue growth.
    Now that the % revenue growth guidance for next year is out of the bag from the Q3 earnings call, it's going to be interesting to see how client (revenue) retention is presented. If a client generated $X base and an additional $Y in off-cycle payroll fees, but the "cannabalization" referenced knocks majority of those $Y off, then the the revenue retention rate probably shouldn't stay at the 93%/94% that has been referenced in the last 3 years of EOY calls and if it does, a lot is going to have to be put on the table as to why.

I would think that how they talk through that is probably going to have a major impact on the stock price for the next few years. Chad is 4 or 5 years out from needing to hit $1,000.00 to get his massive award he was in the news for a few years back, pretty hard to see how that happens, but this might be the important earnings call to set the stage for that kind of rally/growth. Alternatively, the volume on the stock after Q3 earnings eclipsed 20% so without knowing how ownership changed there, Chad could also be under some fire in which case this earnings call is also super important.

The amount of law firms that jumped on the "file against Paycom for your losses" train was insane. It's 90% of what I saw on articles related to PAYC in my ETrade app the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Now that the % revenue growth guidance for next year is out of the bag from the Q3 earnings call, it's going to be interesting to see how client (revenue) retention is presented. If a client generated $X base and an additional $Y in off-cycle payroll fees, but the "cannabalization" referenced knocks majority of those $Y off, then the the revenue retention rate probably shouldn't stay at the 93%/94% that has been referenced in the last 3 years of EOY calls and if it does, a lot is going to have to be put on the table as to why.

I would think that how they talk through that is probably going to have a major impact on the stock price for the next few years. Chad is 4 or 5 years out from needing to hit $1,000.00 to get his massive award he was in the news for a few years back, pretty hard to see how that happens, but this might be the important earnings call to set the stage for that kind of rally/growth. Alternatively, the volume on the stock after Q3 earnings eclipsed 20% so without knowing how ownership changed there, Chad could also be under some fire in which case this earnings call is also super important.

The amount of law firms that jumped on the "file against Paycom for your losses" train was insane. It's 90% of what I saw on articles related to PAYC in my ETrade app the last few months.
    Chad definitely sounds a bit scared/concerned in the recently leaked staff meeting. But I'm wondering if he was cool with the idea of the leak? Definitely confirms for investors that his give-a-**** level is still pretty high. Whether Kanban and Agile will be a magic bullet for PAYC in 2024 is a different question, of course.

https://thelostogle.com/2024/01/18/s...lems-at-paycom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11YRTZIr--k

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    Chad definitely sounds a bit scared/concerned in the recently leaked staff meeting. But I'm wondering if he was cool with the idea of the leak? Definitely confirms for investors that his give-a-**** level is still pretty high. Whether Kanban and Agile will be a magic bullet for PAYC in 2024 is a different question, of course.

https://thelostogle.com/2024/01/18/s...lems-at-paycom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11YRTZIr--k
    Meh... definitely some exaggeration from lostogle. Interesting meeting content for people who are on the inside or otherwise know about Paycom, but definitely not "big problems". This sounds more to me like a CEO trying to reach his $750M stock grant rather than someone worried about their job.

The company still prints money with a strong balance sheet so it is not in need of a magic bullet overall.

So now they have a CO-CEO, I can't imagine this is a massive positive for Chad. I know it'll be spun that way, but this is a demotion for him. Seems like there is starting to be some loss of belief in him as the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    Seems like there is starting to be some loss of belief in him as the leader.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    lol
    I get that it's a crazy statement, but you don't just appoint a Co-CEO. Something is going on, speaking to people that work at Paycom, they were not upset by it.

Thread Information