Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Texadelphia to become Big Dog Daddy's Ice House

Question Old Texadelphia to become Big Dog Daddy's Ice House

Does anyone know what is going into the old Texadelphia? I saw a dumpster out front like some remodeling may be going on inside.

Default Re: Texadelphia??

Toby Keith is opening up a bar , ice house or something along that line. I'm good friends with his son in law.

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post
    Toby Keith is opening up a bar , ice house or something along that line. I'm good friends with his son in law.
    Not related to the Ice House in downtown OKC I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Not related to the Ice House in downtown OKC I presume?
    No and it has ice in the name but not 100% sure , it will be a sports bar , the outdoor bar will be a focal point I've seen the designs and the are pretty cool.

The only unfortunate thing is that they are tearing down buildings south of the Texadelphia building to construct a surface parking lot.

It's unfortunate because catty-corner to this building (on the NW side of the Lindsey/Berry intersection) is a very underutilized and largely vacant parking lot most of the time.

I thought there was an empty lot to the south? Are they expanding the patio area onto the existing small parking area on Lindsey ?

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I thought there was an empty lot to the south? Are they expanding the patio area onto the existing small parking area on Lindsey ?
    It's an empty lot now, it used to have a house.

I'm not sure if they're expanding the patio area, good question.

If they expand the patio they could have a Mont-like set up on that corner which would be pretty cool. The more nice patio options in Norman the better.

Absolutely. I hope you got a chance to hang out at Norman's better block on Main Street in front of the old lumber yard...it was great. Local and Das Boot turned the lumber yard into a wine and beer garden. It was great.

If I am remembering correctly, that lot was empty and for sale for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    If I am remembering correctly, that lot was empty and for sale for quite a while.
    You could be right, I could have been mistaken on what I saw on the city council agenda a while ago...either way, more surface parking = boo! haha.

How does the upcoming Lindsey work affect them? If the Berry intersection goes to 4 lanes each way with a turn lane then some of their parking out front will be lost. If the build a larger patio then they'll only have a few spots making a lot on the south side necessary. If there were homes there they would probably just utilize parking nearby like across Berry, like what they do at the Library and Mont, but since there was an empty lot it makes sense.

Having sidewalks down Lindsey to the east of Berry and across a new Imhoff Creek bridge will be good for those walking to this place. I lived one year in college at Flood & Lindsey and would walk to Texadelphia as would other students that live in the area.

Was on Lindsey last night and noticed a "now hiring" sign for this place, looks like it's called Big Bone Daddy or something close to that?!?

It will be called Big Dog Daddy’s Ice House (seriously) and be a Toby Keith / Hal Smith project. They are also opening one in Lawton.

Bar & grill with broad menu (burgers, sandwiches, pizza, etc.) to open in mid August.

Two bars; one indoors and an overhead door will open to an outside bar on a covered patio.

This is a recent photo from the Journal Record:

Default Re: Old Texadelphia to become Big Dog Daddy's Ice House

what a rediculous name

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It will be called Big Dog Daddy’s Ice House (seriously) and be a Toby Keith / Hal Smith project. They are also opening one in Lawton.
    Unfortunately this sounds as if it will live up to expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    what a rediculous name
    Named after a song of his.
    Toby Keith - Big Dog Daddy (Original) - YouTube

18. Default Re: Old Texadelphia to become Big Dog Daddy's Ice House

I'm wondering how well this will do in Norman?

That area is not too close to campus so you don't get a lot of students walking to it. It does have good traffic coming down Lindsey.

But hey okies love Toby I guess so I never know.

I think the focus will be on families.

It's only about 4,000 SF, so rather small for a full-service restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    My response is the same..lol

Yeah ... wasn't really meaning it as a defense of the name. Like his other eatery, he just named it after one of the tunes.
    If he goes into motivational speaking, the seminars might get billed as How Do You Like Me Now nights.

I'm not sure what to think of this. So many aspects are just... Odd.

On the flip side, I'll probably check it out when it opens if for no other reason than to wrap my brain around it.

Had dinner there tonight and it was very good. It was packed ,fun atmosphere will be a great place to hang out and catch a game with some friends.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I'm wondering how well this will do in Norman?

That area is not too close to campus so you don't get a lot of students walking to it. It does have good traffic coming down Lindsey.

But hey okies love Toby I guess so I never know.
    Texadelphia did really well there for a long time, not sure what happened recently but it didn't ever seem like they were having issues. This should do well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The menu is a check the box type which I've never seen around Oklahoma before, you take your pencil and check everything you want then hand it to waitress or waiter food arrived very quick for as busy as they were and it was all cooked perfectly and accurate.

Thread Information