Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carlton Landing

Default Re: Carlton Landing

Okay, I probably missed that guess by a long shot. Here's the overall concept plan from their website. I circled the part it looks like they have built based on google maps, my visit and Pete's photos. They can probably build down there for a couple or three decades, depending.

How many people are they projecting to live there

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    How many people are they projecting to live there
    The goal is to have 2500 homes with a small downtown. So give or take 5000 residents, but not all of them will live there full-time.

From their Instagram account:

The Town Green
    Across from The Water Street Pavilion, we plan to introduce an exciting new housing product - THE WATER STREET RESIDENCES. With balconies and rooftop decks looking over The Town Green and Lake Eufaula, these homes will be a premier luxury addition to Carlton Landing. For those who love the box seats and the views from the front row, these homes are for you!

These single family attached homes will be built on lots that are only 6’ wide. We will offer home plans that are 12’, 18’, 24’, and 30’ wide. Buyers can take their pick, buy 2-5 connected lots, and have the luxury lake home of their dreams built to their specifications.

Nice looking houses, but this is spooky AF.

And you have to wonder where the Help lives.

"Records: Town’s water district dumped millions of gallons of water from sewer lagoons into Lake Eufaula"

https://www.readfrontier.org/stories...-records-show/

Unacceptable!

That's some solid work by Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That's some solid work by Frontier.
    Yes it is. I was very impressed reading that article.

Great investigative reporting, but not the least surprised at what being connected can get away with. Sad.

11. Default Re: Carlton Landing

I think it's disingenuous to keep saying that "well it's only 25 families that live here full time". That place is packed every week with people in vacation rentals.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    I think it's disingenuous to keep saying that "well it's only 25 families that live here full time". That place is packed every week with people in vacation rentals.
    Yes, otherewise the development wouldn't be generating copious amounts of sewage, which is the issue at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, otherewise the development wouldn't be generating copious amounts of sewage, which is the issue at hand.
    which they claim was almost entirely rainwater overflow

Oklahoma DEQ opens criminal inquiry after more water discharged from town’s sewer lagoons into Lake Eufaula.

<snip>

The investigation comes less than two months after the town’s water district was put under a DEQ consent order following numerous discharges from the town’s sewage lagoons in 2017 and 2018, and was fined up to $33,750 under a separate DEQ administrative order issued in April after pumping more than 30,000 gallons of water from the lagoons using an unpermitted land application system.

<snip>

The latest investigation into the town’s water district by DEQ was opened earlier this month as a result of the town discharging partially treated water from its sewage lagoons from the morning of May 8 to the evening of May 9. A report submitted to DEQ by the town’s water district estimates that at least 432,000 gallons of water was pumped from the lagoon onto nearby land a few hundred feet uphill from Lake Eufaula.

https://www.readfrontier.org/stories...-lake-eufaula/

It feels like there should be some deals breaking loose in CL, but I haven't seen any as of yet.

Anyone have the inside track over there?

I haven't seen any deals there. The market is really hot. Several oil guys sold within days of listing for full money. I have a friend that just closed and he got a deal in that the original buyer backed out and he essentially got their earnest money and several upgrades for free. There was a couple weeks that about 18 homes were sold when everything first shut down. Everyone was looking for someplace to go I guess.

Recent aerial view showing the new developments. Wish they could add some hiking trails to the peninsula across the cove

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Recent aerial view showing the new developments. Wish they could add some hiking trails to the peninsula across the cove
    Just curiosity but anyonw knows who owns the house that is much larger and its off to bottom right with its own dock? Is it part of development?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Just curiosity but anyonw knows who owns the house that is much larger and its off to bottom right with its own dock? Is it part of development?
    That is Carlton Landing Community Church

So it’s the Lord’s house.

Thread Information