Widgets Magazine

Thread: Roofing

1. Default Roofing

I own a construction firm here in Oklahoma. And wanting to get some feedback on your experiences with them.

Obviously most of the business is in roofing and insurance restoration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Default Re: Roofing

I have had 2 roofs in 3 years due to storms. I have also used s few contractors for remodeling and construction. I do my homework before hiring them. I think most people are leery of using just anybody because of the storm chasers who flocked to ok in 2012 & 2010.

3. Default Re: Roofing

Yea. Seems they are slowing down on coming in so frequently. Which is on behalf of you guys doing your homework and scrutinizing who you hire. That helps us local guys a lot.

Did you have any particularly good and or bad company? And what area are you in?

Default Re: Roofing

I've done my current roof (1995) with the help of a friend's brother from out of state. I've used a contractor for the boots (did not have the time due to other remodel projects on my house. They did a nice job, they just wanted to know why I was not doing it myself. Next time (soon) on a new roof will get someone and not do it myself. The company I used and I've seen their work is who I'll use. Large local company.

5. Default Re: Roofing

I used Caliber Roofing but know of several other who I recommend. I get asked all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by austin.a.hussey View Post
    I own a construction firm here in Oklahoma. And wanting to get some feedback on your experiences with them.

Obviously most of the business is in roofing and insurance restoration.

Spam

7. Default Re: Roofing

I use to work for caliber. Me and just use to own a company together. Small world. And klop. This isn't spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Klop View Post
    Spam
    The moderators tend to have no problem with local business owners starting threads that pertain to their businesses. It's not spam.

I have used Elliott twice in about 12 years (hail damage both times) and I must be happy since I went to them a second time (last June). I know of several good companies I would do business with based on comments from friends that used them. I did have a bad experience with a local contractor in the early 80's, but it wasn't about the actual roof, there were some other problems, but obviously, I didn't ask him back for the next two jobs.
    C. T.

10. Default Re: Roofing

What in particular did you all enjoy about your experience with the roofer. Quite a few times I have heard Elliot's name brought up in a very positive light.

Austin,
    I think the main thing was, no surprises, the job was done well, and in a short time. I have used them twice and I will need a reason to go to someone else. I'm sure there are several good companies but they were recommended to me by my son and until I get burned, if they are in business, I will go back. I also took their recommendation to use the Malarkey Legacy class IV shingles and I'm getting a 25 percent discount from State Farm because of that. Of course, any good roofer would probably made the same recommendation unless they were trying to keep their price (quote) low.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by austin.a.hussey View Post
    What in particular did you all enjoy about your experience with the roofer. Quite a few times I have heard Elliot's name brought up in a very positive light.

Had my roof done by Kraft Roofing a couple of years ago that turned into an absolute nightmare. I think that they have now received so many complaints that they are doing business under another name.

13. Default Re: Roofing

Kraft I believe had some issues paying subs

Thread Information