Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: West Elm

Default West Elm

8/14/14

Grand Opening 10AM. See gallery below for additional recent photos and store layout.

West Elm OKC Facebook Page
    Grand Opening Event on Facebook

4/7/14

$800,000 building permit for OKC's first West Elm store, to be located in the vacant space directly west of Anrthropolgie.

They will be taking just over 11,000 square feet.

For those that didn't know, West Elm is part of the Williams Sonoma family of retailers which also features Pottery Barn and it's numerous variations.

West Elm features simple, modern home furnishing and accessories. They had previously announced a store for Utica Square in Tulsa to open next fall. I expect this store to be on a similar timeline to be open before the holiday season.

Glimcher out of Ohio bought Classen Curve, Triangle at Classen Curve and Nichols Hills Plaza about a month ago from Chesapeake Energy. At that time, they said they planned to agressively pursue new tenants, and this is the first confirmed new signing.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	westelm2.jpg 
Views:	1742 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	7529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	westelm8.jpg 
Views:	1733 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	7535   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	westelm4.jpg 
Views:	1733 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	7531   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	westelm5.jpg 
Views:	1753 
Size:	226.4 KB 
ID:	7532   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	westelm6.jpg 
Views:	1723 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	7533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	westelm.jpg 
Views:	1744 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	7534   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	we080614a.jpg 
Views:	1311 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	8879   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	we080614b.jpg 
Views:	1316 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	8880  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	we080614c.jpg 
Views:	1302 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	8881  

Default Re: West Elm

My wallet is crying...

3. Default Re: West Elm

Yeah, no doubt. I normally don't get too excited about national retailers (what I can't buy from locally-based places I usually buy online these days), but this one I will admit makes me pretty happy. I've made trips to Dallas specifically to go to the Mockingbird Station location. This and a Container Store and I'm good.

4. Default Re: West Elm

Well, Crate and Barrel would be OK too. And Nordstrom. And Restoration Hardware. But after that, I'm done.

5. Default Re: West Elm

LOVE West Elm.

6. Default Re: West Elm

Well, Design Within Reach would be good. And Ikea. And this thermos. And this chair. That's all I need.

Yes

That's a good catch for OKC! When the new owners bought the properties, someone told me that they took a swing at the design. I don't remember specifically reading reports of the sale but can someone confirm that the new owner said something about it's going to be success despite some design troubles (or something along those lines?). Nobody around here is very outspoken about anything negative regarding Rand's designs. But the new ownership is out of state. I'm really interested. Does anyone know?

BTW, there is a total of 15,000 square feet in that building so there will be at least one more tenant space.

I'm assuming that Tulsa has a West Elm already right? I mean there is no way that Okc gets something first, especially of this quality.

11. Default Re: West Elm

What intrigues me the most is the land between that space and 63rd. Also the land across Grand. Have there been any transactions on thse, Pete? I am thinking last I heard they were not yet a part of the other deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    What intrigues me the most is the land between that space and 63rd. Also the land across Grand. Have there been any transactions on thse, Pete? I am thinking last I heard they were not yet a part of the other deals.
    Glimcher bought all the vacant land between the Triangle and NH Plaza except the two lots directly north of Whole Foods along Western.

They also bought the parcel that was the site of the old Kensington Apartments, which is on the west side of Grand.

13. Default Re: West Elm

Oh, great news.

Well, Crate and Barrel would be OK too. And Nordstrom. And Restoration Hardware. But after that, I'm done.
    No Trader Joes?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    BTW, there is a total of 15,000 square feet in that building so there will be at least one more tenant space.
    Where is that extra 4,000 square feet of retail space? Between WE and Anthro?

I'm sure my girlfriend will love this.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    That's a good catch for OKC! When the new owners bought the properties, someone told me that they took a swing at the design. I don't remember specifically reading reports of the sale but can someone confirm that the new owner said something about it's going to be success despite some design troubles (or something along those lines?). Nobody around here is very outspoken about anything negative regarding Rand's designs. But the new ownership is out of state. I'm really interested. Does anyone know?
    This would be very interesting to read. I hate how the whole thing is laid out. I wonder if the new owners would look at a redo or just make do and fix the new things as they're added?

Well, Design Within Reach would be good. And Ikea. And this thermos. And this chair. That's all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Where is that extra 4,000 square feet of retail space? Between WE and Anthro?
    Not sure.

20. Default Re: West Elm

Yeah, Ikea was of course a bit of humor; probably the least likely of everything I mentioned, and definitely could not locate anywhere in this location. They make Sam's Clubs look small and cozy.

Good news. Crate & Barrel would be even better. Does Little Rock have one? Wichita?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Good news. Crate & Barrel would be even better. Does Little Rock have one? Wichita?

Closest Crate & Barrel's are in the Dallas, Kansas City and St Louis areas.

Really great news. When the Tulsa store was announced, I was hoping Oklahoma City would follow.

What's interesting is that there are only 3 West Elm locations in all of Texas, yet they are opening two in Oklahoma.

There are also only two in L.A., one in Orange County and one in San Diego.

I'm sure the fact the neighboring Anthropologie and Whole Foods are both doing so well will help Glimcher land other upscale, national retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Closest Crate & Barrel's are in the Dallas, Kansas City and St Louis areas.
    Sorry. Another inside joke.

Thread Information