Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: West Elm

Default Re: West Elm

I'm overly joyous about West Elm coming and am not meaning to completely overlook them entering our beloved market, but the topic of Crate & Barrel has me curious. What are the chances Crate & Barrel comes to OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Good news. Crate & Barrel would be even better. Does Little Rock have one? Wichita?

Little Rock has a Container Store.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    I'm overly joyous about West Elm coming and am not meaning to completely overlook them entering our beloved market, but the topic of Crate & Barrel has me curious. What are the chances Crate & Barrel comes to OKC?
    +1. When they announced Tulsa a couple of months ago I thought it may end up being yet another instance of a covetted retailer opting out of OKC for Tulsa. Glad to see that isn't the case with this one.

Trader Joe's is what I'm most excited about, if and when that is announced.

Blog Entries

West Elm is a good get....not the upper scale, but a good get otherwise. Good design for moderate prices.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    +1. When they announced Tulsa a couple of months ago I thought it may end up being yet another instance of a covetted retailer opting out of OKC for Tulsa. Glad to see that isn't the case with this one.

But it was announced for Tulsa first. An obvious blow to OKC's reputation as both a city and a destination for retailers to invest in.

I'm about to save a lot on shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    I'm assuming that Tulsa has a West Elm already right? I mean there is no way that Okc gets something first, especially of this quality.
    West Elm just hasn't figured out how much better Tulsa is than OKC yet, they'll come around.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post

I will second that. I come on here daily with the hope that the TJ's has officially been announced.

I like West Elm. It's a great resource for the "no longer want mom and dad's old furniture and ready to have my apartment look like I thought about it" people.

Also because it's just about as good as stuff that costs twice as much.

Moved a bunch of posts to here:

IKEA coming to OKC? - OKCTalk

I admit, I also come on here everyday to see if Pete or anybody has news of a TJs. West elm is good, maybe that area will become more urban and upscale. That would be the day.

Here are more details on this store.

Note the Market / Coffee area on the east side (to the right on the plans) of the store. This will open to the outdoor patio between West Elm and Anthropologie.

They didn't waste any time...

This store opens a week from today, 8/14 at 10AM.

The Tulsa store in Utica Square will open near the end of this month.

Thanks to warreng88 for the photos:

While taking the pics last night, I was joking with my wife that if it were my building, you would be able to tell there was a ways to go because you can see the exposed wiring coming down from the ceiling. Not so much with West Elm, Anthro, UO, etc... She also asked when I get my residual check for taking all these pictures

Interesting... so we're technically getting it first.

A few more as they are busy stocking up.

The first photo is the entrance to the covered patio between West Elm and Anthropology; WE will have a small cafe with outdoor seating here.

Just taken... They open on Thursday at 10AM:

The had a pre-opening VIP event last night. I'll post some photos in a bit.

22. Default Re: West Elm

The pre-opening event was packed my wife went and said it was a great looking store though. Good addition to OKC.

For some odd reason, they decided to completely delete the cafe and adjacent outdoor patio area.

The cafe and patio were clearly shown on their original building permit, but for some reason they changed their minds.

Big waste of the great covered patio between this store and Anthropologie.

Right on que I got a catalog from the yesterday that stated.. NOW OPEN west elm OKC and 15% off.

25. Default Re: West Elm

Yeah, I checked West Elm out yesterday and was shocked by what a shame it is that the patio isn't being utilized. Hopefully that is a second phase implementation? It is great space.

Thread Information