Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rayo OKC

1. Default Re: Rayo OKC

Is there an ETA on when you'll fully switch from Energy hater to Rayo fan? I expect that I'll find your posts a lot more enjoyable to read at that point, assuming it ever arrives.

Default Re: Rayo OKC

He's a firecracker that's for sure... The location is what will hurt them the most, just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Is there an ETA on when you'll fully switch from Energy hater to Rayo fan? I expect that I'll find your posts a lot more enjoyable to read at that point, assuming it ever arrives.
    I love it when someone just throws a turd out there and waits for someone to step in it.
    I went back pretty far, and the very last time I even HINTED at the nrg was this on 12/17;
    I want both teams to succeed, and hate each other. Rivalry drives sports like almost nothing else does. A true rivalry would help both teams.
    EVERYTHING else Ive posted on this thread has been Rayo OKC-related. And for that matter, it's one of THEIR fanboys that keeps trolling on here and bad-mouthing Rayo.
    So, physician, heal thyself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    He's a firecracker that's for sure... The location is what will hurt them the most, just my opinion though.
    The location is not what I would have chosen, for me. That's a given. But the stadium itself is top notch. My hope is that it grows and grows, to the point where building a stadium becomes, not just a pipe dream, but a necessity.

Blog Entries

There just may be the potential to have two soccer franchises succeed in the Oklahoma City metro area. My observation of Yukon, there are 100,000 people in that area (Yukon, Bethany, El Reno, Mustang)--can they tap into that market. A successful NASL team in Yukon could tap into an OKC fan base of those who don't like the inner city area. Impressed with the NASL Rayo OKC's marketing strategy so far.

OKC Energy FC has the upper hand with two years of marketing & branding under their belts. Their last 4 games which includes regular season/playoffs produced crowds in excess of 6,000.

There are over 115,000 of Hispanics/Latino origin in Metro OKC; can the Energy FC or Rayo OKC effectively target those potential fans.

Credit where credit is due...
    Nice job on the Scissortail Podcast Brad. You avoided a number of easy *shots* and took the high road in voicing your excitement for Rayo.

7. Default Re: Rayo OKC

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    I love it when someone just throws a turd out there and waits for someone to step in it.
    I went back pretty far, and the very last time I even HINTED at the nrg was this on 12/17;

EVERYTHING else Ive posted on this thread has been Rayo OKC-related. And for that matter, it's one of THEIR fanboys that keeps trolling on here and bad-mouthing Rayo.
    So, physician, heal thyself.
    I have ZERO dogs in the fight. I'm not an Energy fan (haven't even been to a game), and my days of giving THAT much of a hoot about soccer are long behind me. But you can't tell me that THIS wasn't a dig at the Energy/Prodigal:

Well that was cool! I just got to be on the Scissortail Podcast. Two guys, WIll and Porter, just wanted to start a podcast dealing with Rayo OKC. Great to see organic growth in interest for the team, not anything mandated or orchestrated by the team itself.
    I mean, COME ON. I didn't just fall off of the turnip truck.

I have ZERO dogs in the fight. I'm not an Energy fan (haven't even been to a game), and my days of giving THAT much of a hoot about soccer are long behind me. But you can't tell me that THIS wasn't a dig at the Energy/Prodigal:

I mean, COME ON. I didn't just fall off of the turnip truck.
    Wow! How in the hell did you get me digging at the Energy with THAT? lol! I actually, hand to my heart, meant EXACTLY what I said. The Rayo ownership has been nothing but supportive, and they have NEVER tried to run anything.

oh, and BTW...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Derek Boateng.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	12137

I am thoroughly impressed with the caliber of players that we have been signing. Welcome to OKC, Derek Boateng!
    Oh wait, was that a dig at the nrg? Apparently I need someone to let me know when I'm doing it...

https://twitter.com/JFrusciante1/sta...39960353931268
    A guy who does podcasts for the NASL posted this. Thought it was pretty cool.
    With all these signings , people should watch out for @RayoOKC

The location is not what I would have chosen, for me. That's a given. But the stadium itself is top notch. My hope is that it grows and grows, to the point where building a stadium becomes, not just a pipe dream, but a necessity.
    Yes Yukon is a great facility , we've played American football there a few times and wrestled as well.... Its first class for a high school.

Blog Entries

Yes Yukon is a great facility , we've played American football there a few times and wrestled as well.... Its first class for a high school.
    Oh so true,

Taft Stadium is first class for high school as well; Yukon's Millers Stadium does have:

The stadium has fixed seating of 6,500, and has the ability to expand to 11,000 for pro soccer games. Miller Stadium features a split-level press box for working media and private suites for guests. The stadium also has a large video board on the north end, a 24,000-square-foot wellness center, and an on-site parking capacity of 2,500 spaces.
    Will one of these groups make long-term commitment or partner with the city for a soccer specific venue--preferable something on the riverfront near Bricktown?

Wish the best for success for both of our Oklahoma City entries.

https://twitter.com/THEChrisKessell/...16144378597378
    Bearded One ‏@THEChrisKessell 6h6 hours ago
    Is it just me or do Rayo OKC and Miami FC appear to be doing a good job putting together a squad for their 1st seasons? #NASL

World class player. On two World Cup teams. This is what he said about being signed to Rayo OKC
    THANK YOU THE LORD, MY TEAM, FAMILY AND MY FANS FOR MAKING IT ALL HAPPEN! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
    https://twitter.com/BoatengDerek/sta...26828533366785

You know, it seems Borchard is the moderate one and doesn't really bash the energy too much whereas that one guy(don't know the poster name)who really supports the energy constantly tries to put this team down and make fun of it.

I've noticed Borchard posts more facts and less opinions.

Are there any future plans for Rayo to move closer to or within the Oklahoma City core, or is Miller Stadium their home for the foreseeable future? I vaguely recall something being said about them looking to build a stadium near downtown at some point in the next few years, but I might just be imagining things.

EDIT to say: And as someone that has been an Energy FC supporter since the day they were announced, I must say that I really like the moves that Rayo has made and I look forward to cheering them on also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    Are there any future plans for Rayo to move closer to or within the Oklahoma City core, or is Miller Stadium their home for the foreseeable future? I vaguely recall something being said about them looking to build a stadium near downtown at some point in the next few years, but I might just be imagining things.

EDIT to say: And as someone that has been an Energy FC supporter since the day they were announced, I must say that I really like the moves that Rayo has made and I look forward to cheering them on also.
    No definite plans that I know of. I know the same can be said of the energy. Both teams, when pressed, say that they have a desire (a plan) to build a soccer specif stadium. I also know that @Laramie, and others, have floated the idea of having a stadium of some kind be part of MAPS IV. I have it on 3rd hand Knowledge that Mayor Mick has said absolutely not.
    And, unfortunately, the reasoning I heard he gave makes sense. He apparently said no public money will be spent on a sports venue until all public schools have tornado shelters. Like I said, this is what I heared, from someone else, who said they heard HIM say it. LOOOOOONNNNGGG chain of custody for those words :-)

I'd be lying if I said I didnt take a HUUUGGGEEE amount of satisfaction in seeing some people that have been fairly belligerent about Rayo, and their prospects, going a bit silent lately. I don't believe I could have hoped for any better player signings than what the F.O. has been producing int he past two weeks! Even if i WASN'T a fan of the team already I would want to see this team play!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    You know, it seems Borchard is the moderate one and doesn't really bash the energy too much whereas that one guy(don't know the poster name)who really supports the energy constantly tries to put this team down and make fun of it.

I've noticed Borchard posts more facts and less opinions.
    You live in a very different world, it seems. I think Laramie is much more factual and trying to play it straight...

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    You live in a very different world, it seems. I think Laramie is much more factual and trying to play it straight...
    @Laramie is like Switzerland here. He IS very impartial. I think part of that is his experience in the past of actually being a reporter, and not just a forum troll. Before the official team announcement was made I invited @Laramie to come to a meeting with one of the owners. He sat and listened to what was said, and later simply reported what he thought. I totally respect him for that.
    That being said, I am NOT @Laramie. I am VERY partial to Rayo OKC, and the owners and management of the team. I will continue to be the biggest cheerleader for them that I can be. I make no apologies for that. My friend and I are working to start a Supporter's Group. We will be the obnoxious fans in the endzone singing, chanting, and yelling occasionally obscene things at the other team.

You say you don't take shots, yet in that same post you purposely spell Energy "NRG" (which looks like you now corrected).

Nice player signings so far

Blog Entries

Yukon High School's indoor facility is on par with schools like Union High, Moore High & Carl Albert High School gymnasiums; among the best in the state:

Union High School Gymnasium.

Moore High School Gymnasium

Carl Albert High School Gymnasium

These high schools have facilities that rival the NBA Development League (NBADL) facilities.

Name:	tyler_gibson.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	12139

Name:	caleb peterson.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	12140

Good read:
    Breaking Ground: Rayo Oklahoma City ? Midfield Press
    These signings are, at the very least, superb depth signings but each of them can suppose until told otherwise that they will be starters come RayoOKC’s first match hosting FC Edmonton on April 2nd.

Thread Information