Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Corner Bakery

1. Default Re: Corner Bakery

You mean like the one in Bricktown or the one on 9th in Midtown?

Default Re: Corner Bakery

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I avoid that area like the plague too because of the traffic and long drive required. You can't beat the bakery products at Kitchen 324, Prairie Thunder and Brown's, so I'm not too torn up about the absence of a Corner Bakery downtown. And there are 2 Starbucks in the downtown/midtown area that are "real". Not to mention Cofffee Slingers, Elemental and coming soon: Leaf + Bean! I'm pretty thrilled about all our dining options in Midtown, Auto Alley and Deep Deuce, Bricktown and the CBD.
    315 AM - were you on call last night? :-D

Also, what is this Leaf + Bean place? In our neighborhood? Woohoo!

Yes. New coffee/tea shop going in at Mosaic in the NE corner.

The one in Bricktown is a real Starbucks. The one on 9th is part of the hospital and it has very weird hours.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I avoid that area like the plague too because of the traffic and long drive required. You can't beat the bakery products at Kitchen 324, Prairie Thunder and Brown's, so I'm not too torn up about the absence of a Corner Bakery downtown. And there are 2 Starbucks in the downtown/midtown area that are "real". Not to mention Cofffee Slingers, Elemental and coming soon: Leaf + Bean! I'm pretty thrilled about all our dining options in Midtown, Auto Alley and Deep Deuce, Bricktown and the CBD.
    "Real" Starbucks = standalone locations, not in Target, a hotel lobby, etc. And yeah, we have all those cool places (that I do go to), but very little bakery/coffee shop presence in the actual CBD itself, I believe. Also, I'd rather have local coffee/bakery places downtown than Starbucks, I just used them as something everybody knows of...

Kitchen 324 has a great coffee bar where you can also pick up some really delicious pastries and it's in the CBD.

7. Default Re: Corner Bakery

^^^^^^
    Agree, it's fantastic. Old School Bagel also has great coffee and a great selection of bagels and other baked goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^
    Agree, it's fantastic. Old School Bagel also has great coffee and a great selection of bagels and other baked goods.
    Had Kitchen 324's stuff, and they're pretty good. Old School has a problem with running out of lots of different kinds of bagels way before closing time (at both locations), but they're good when their baskets aren't empty. So yeah, 2 kind-of bakeries/coffee shops.

Ever been to Prairie Thunder ? Not bad at all, but they run out too sometimes.

10. Default Re: Corner Bakery

The owner lives in my building and I bumped into him in the elevator. Says after Norman he's looking at Classen curve area and he really wants to put one downtown. Here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    The owner lives in my building and I bumped into him in the elevator. Says after Norman he's looking at Classen curve area and he really wants to put one downtown. Here's hoping.
    When and where will he be opening in Norman? We're looking forward to it!

I'm thinking that it may be time to move this to the food threads since the food is basically all that is being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Ever been to Prairie Thunder ? Not bad at all, but they run out too sometimes.
    I love Prairie Thunder's bread and pastries, but all they have is carafe coffee. A barista there would make it a must visit regularly for me.

I have been told by someone who recently attended a City of Norman TIF meeting that the Norman location is going to be built in University North Park in front of the shopping plaza that contains Kohls.

Quote Originally Posted by vaflyer View Post
    I have been told by someone who recently attended a City of Norman TIF meeting that the Norman location is going to be built in University North Park in front of the shopping plaza that contains Kohls.
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully, they will soon break ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^
    On a side note, the employees at the Old School Bagel may be the nicest group of guys I've ever met. It was almost uncomfortable how nice they've been the last couple times I stopped by. I'd be like, "Can I have a toasted bagel with cream cheese?" And the guy working there looked straight into my soul and responded, "No problem. We got you. How's your life going?" with seriousness and concern. I really felt like he wanted to hear everything about my life up until that point, but I just said, "It's good. Thanks."

Looks like this location -- the only Corner Bakery in Oklahoma -- will soon close.

Plans have been filed for Mission BBQ to remodel the building:

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...09#post1264409

We loved CB when we would go to Dallas and were really excited when they came to OKC. We went to this location three times early on and all three times, they had a smell I can only describe as sewer related. My wife went there for six months for a morning networking meeting and said it was always a little dirty.

^^ I agree. When I lived near the place, I tried to like it but something always seemed off.

I went in when it first opened and found it just ok, nothing special. I have ate at a Dallas location and really liked it. I just think the one here did not keep up the quality of the one in Tx. I do think we need more of this kind of place but the food needs to be good. I think Panara has gone down hill. Most of the items I went there for, they no long have. I went into the one in Edmond and the guy working the registrar was too busy talking with other employees to wait on me. I waited and waited (note it was not about restaurant business. I finally gave up and left.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I went into the one in Edmond and the guy working the registrar was too busy talking with other employees to wait on me. I waited and waited (note it was not about restaurant business. I finally gave up and left.
    Wow, we had THE SAME exact experience at the Edmond Panera. We were standing in line behind an employee who was ordering a to-go meal and just chatting, meanwhile we stood for about 10 minutes behind without any acknoledgement or anything. They were just cutting up and having a nice time. Meanwhile we just needed cups for our drinks because we had actually ordered at the kiosk at the door. Panera has just completely fallen out of favor of my family because of this type of service, worsening food quality, and overall dirtiness anymore. We're moving on.

*computer glitch posted twice, cannot delete

Thread Information