Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corner Bakery

Default Re: Corner Bakery

I tried this place while in La Jolla, CA last year on vacation. It was pretty good. Nothing to write home about. Definitely better than Panera.

Made it in for a late lunch today. The line was just inside the door, but it went by very quickly. They were very prepared for today and well staffed.

PS: If you had signed up on their website for their eCafe, they accepted the free cookie coupon, despite it having already expired.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    PS: If you had signed up on their website for their eCafe, they accepted the free cookie coupon, despite it having already expired.
    Now you tell me, John. I already threw away the one I had.

1/22/2015

Shouldn't this be moved to restaurant section?

A place like this would look great somewhere in an actual city setting. You know, one of those places you can actually WALK TO. Oh wait we can't have that here can we.

Ok kidding somewhat, but I'm happy people like this. Belongs up on Memorial with the rest of the chains. Good for them!

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    A place like this would look great somewhere in an actual city setting. You know, one of those places you can actually WALK TO. Oh wait we can't have that here can we.

Ok kidding somewhat, but I'm happy people like this. Belongs up on Memorial with the rest of the chains. Good for them!
    I think Corner Bakery would make a killing downtown somewhere. It would be awesome to see this in the Steelyard development or maybe Maywood Phase 2.

that's a really nice looking panera bread. -M

The inside looks just like the one I went to in downtown Atlanta across the street from my hotel in Peachtree Plaza. It definitely looks like it belongs in a city to me, but I'm glad it's about 2 miles from my house!

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFP View Post
    The inside looks just like the one I went to in downtown Atlanta across the street from my hotel in Peachtree Plaza. It definitely looks like it belongs in a city to me, but I'm glad it's about 2 miles from my house!
    I'm sorry, but is Memorial and Penn not considered 'the' city? If we're talking about downtown areas, than this is case of people having no clue what they're talking about because Corner Bakery's are all over the suburbs in other major cities.

I had never been to one in a suburb, just in the "big city." And it was in the ground floor of an office building but the layout was almost identical. And I consider Penn and Memorial "the city," was just using that phrase to reply to the previous post. It sure has the traffic of a city, and it's just gonna get busier as Chisholm Creek gets going.

I hardly ever go downtown but it does look like something that would be nice to have downtown.

Went by today after work for a couple of pastries. Tasty stuff, but the "knocked off" level of my socks was insufficient to make it a must-go in the future. Perhaps if I'm in the immediate area, though. And I say that as a person who lives four miles away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I hardly ever go downtown but it does look like something that would be nice to have downtown.
    Corner Bakery has a location in downtown Denver. It was super busy the entire week I was there.
    Last edited by gurantula35; 01-23-2015 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Had to Has

This would be cool, if it was actually on a corner.... on a busy urban intersection.

Other than that its another one of those "finally in Oklahoma so I MUST GO THERE" places. I, personally, won't ever go out of my way to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Corner Bakery is just another good addition to OKC. It will not make world peace or solve global warming. It does not go ONLY in urban areas, is not 40 stories tall, doesn't necessarily snug up to the street and isn't as cool and advanced as Cleveland or Charlotte. Ergo, it will bring the disdain of those who only accept world urbanista domination as the only objective.

LOL. These random snipe shots don't mean anything. This is a pretty decent place for a chain and it has its place.
    I feel like this comment needs a bump because it is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I'm baffled that no Corner Bakery, Au Bon Pain (yeah, I know, we're never getting one of those), or any other bakery-type place, hell, even a real Starbucks, hasn't gone in downtown, seems like they'd make a killing... Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't know of any type of place like that in the CBD.

We most likely won't go there often, even though we like them (orange frosted scones, yum), because they're part of the traffic monstrosity from beyond hell that is Penn and Memorial (Southbound Penn was backed up from Memorial *literally* all the way to 150th last Saturday, unfortunately we know this because we had to go to Petco to get special food for our picky cat, no other pet store around us sells it and we didn't plan far enough in advance and *had* to go on Saturday).

I think it says a lot about how far Oklahoma City has come that we don't have to get excited about something like a corner bakery. 20 years ago yeah, yippee! But now its just another business in a long line. Go OKC!!

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    I think it says a lot about how far Oklahoma City has come that we don't have to get excited about something like a corner bakery. 20 years ago yeah, yippee! But now its just another business in a long line. Go OKC!!
    This reminds me of when I-240 was nearly closed down when the first Krispy Kreme here opened in 2002. My dad waited 2 and a half hours for a couple dozen donuts.

I need to try out Corner Bakery. I am glad they are here, but its good to hear OKC has reached a point where something like this is no longer earth shattering.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I'm baffled that no Corner Bakery, Au Bon Pain (yeah, I know, we're never getting one of those), or any other bakery-type place, hell, even a real Starbucks, hasn't gone in downtown, seems like they'd make a killing... Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't know of any type of place like that in the CBD.

We most likely won't go there often, even though we like them (orange frosted scones, yum), because they're part of the traffic monstrosity from beyond hell that is Penn and Memorial (Southbound Penn was backed up from Memorial *literally* all the way to 150th last Saturday, unfortunately we know this because we had to go to Petco to get special food for our picky cat, no other pet store around us sells it and we didn't plan far enough in advance and *had* to go on Saturday).
    I avoid that area like the plague too because of the traffic and long drive required. You can't beat the bakery products at Kitchen 324, Prairie Thunder and Brown's, so I'm not too torn up about the absence of a Corner Bakery downtown. And there are 2 Starbucks in the downtown/midtown area that are "real". Not to mention Cofffee Slingers, Elemental and coming soon: Leaf + Bean! I'm pretty thrilled about all our dining options in Midtown, Auto Alley and Deep Deuce, Bricktown and the CBD.

21. Default Re: Corner Bakery

I was really impressed with the quality and selection. I have been twice and tried something different every time. Going back this weekend for my 3rd visit. I live in the crown heights area and can't wait for them to build one in this area of town. (They are looking.)

22. Default Re: Corner Bakery

What makes something a real Starbucks? A drive-thru? A few years ago while staying in Midtown Manhattan I used to walk a couple of blocks each morning to a Starbucks on Madison Avenue, about a block from Grand Central Terminal. It didn't have a drive-thru. Was it not a real Starbucks?

Exactly. There is a Starbucks in Midtown and one in Bricktown.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    What makes something a real Starbucks? A drive-thru? A few years ago while staying in Midtown Manhattan I used to walk a couple of blocks each morning to a Starbucks on Madison Avenue, about a block from Grand Central Terminal. It didn't have a drive-thru. Was it not a real Starbucks?
    Maybe "not real" being the ones in a Target or Barnes and Noble?

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    An actual Starbucks franchisee or company owned store; not a place "Proudly serving Starbucks"

Thread Information