Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corner Bakery

Blog Entries

Default Re: Corner Bakery

Corner Bakery is just another good addition to OKC. It will not make world peace or solve global warming. It does not go ONLY in urban areas, is not 40 stories tall, doesn't necessarily snug up to the street and isn't as cool and advanced as Cleveland or Charlotte. Ergo, it will bring the disdain of those who only accept world urbanista domination as the only objective.

LOL. These random snipe shots don't mean anything. This is a pretty decent place for a chain and it has its place.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Doubtful. Corner Bakery will be just another chain trying to corner the suburban market. Nothing more nothing less.
    Corner Bakery almost ended up downtown but ended up backing out with the "not enough rooftops" excuse. In a few years once there is enough people living downtown to look acceptable on a spreadsheet, chains like Corner Bakery and others will be scrambling to get a piece of the downtown pie.

Blog Entries

That's not Brown's Bakery? That's what I told him... ...oh my!

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

10/14/2014

11/15/2014

sorry for this pic turning out so blurry. I didn't catch that or I would've taken another one.

From warreng88; I believe they are still set to open a week from today (Dec. 8th):

12/7/2014

Looks like they are not going to make their previously announced opening date of tomorrow (Dec. 8th).

Has anyone been in contact with them to find out when they WILL open then ???

I was told by the owner of the Franchise I would be allowed to go in and take photos on Monday, so that'll be awesome!

12/27/2014

I can't wait for the opening day. I've eaten at one in Dallas.

Do we know when they are opening? I joined their E Club and was sent a coupon for a free cookie. The coupon expires on January 10th.

From the Journal Record:

Corner Bakery Cafe opening Monday

By: Journal Record Staff January 14, 2015

OKLAHOMA CITY – The first Corner Bakery Cafe in Oklahoma will open Monday at 13900 N. Pennsylvania Ave. in Oklahoma City.

The menu ranges from hot breakfast and grilled panini to handcrafted salads, sandwiches and sweets.

The new Quail Springs Corner Bakery Cafe is owned and operated by experienced franchise group CBC Oklahoma. The group plans to open a total of seven cafes in Oklahoma in the coming years.

“Corner Bakery Cafe’s innovative, healthy, ingredient-inspired menu will be an instant favorite and something that Oklahomans will continue to crave once they try it,” said Kavit Patel, managing partner of CBC Oklahoma.

Corner Bakery has 185 company-owned and franchise restaurants in 20 states and Washington, D.C.

Yes, they will be open on Monday the 19th and also have a ribbon cutting that same day.

Yes, it's too late for me to get my free cookie.

Wait, I thought Tulsa would have at least 2 or 3 Corner Bakery's before Okc!

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Wait, I thought Tulsa would have at least 2 or 3 Corner Bakery's before Okc!
    They do. It's the called the Superawesomebettercornerybakerythanokcpowerover900 0hahaljbabdidn'tgethisfreecookieandwe'regivingoutf reecookiesjustinspiteofthat Corner Bakery of Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They do. It's the called the Superawesomebettercornerybakerythanokcpowerover900 0hahaljbabdidn'tgethisfreecookieandwe'regivingoutf reecookiesjustinspiteofthat Corner Bakery of Tulsa.
    Tulsa

Free Cookies?!? How did I miss that train?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, they will be open on Monday the 19th and also have a ribbon cutting that same day.
    Any word on the Norman location? I am looking forward to that . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFP View Post
    Free Cookies?!? How did I miss that train?
    You have to sign up on their website and they give you a coupon. I signed up too early and my coupon expired before they opened.

They opened this morning.

Hours are 6A to 10P every day.

After running some errands on Saturday night, my 4 year old son and I decided to give this place a try. I didn't know it had even opened yet. When we walked in, they told us that it was their "dry run" on a pre opening...and everything was free. They gave us a choice of one sandwich, a side and a drink. I was pleasantly surprised, as I wasn't expecting much more than any other chain, "cookie cutter" restaurants. It reminded me of a mix of Panera and Mcalisters Deli. (Although, I hate Mcalisters) So, for what it is.....the food was good...especially for free.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Food1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	10012

Name:	Food3.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	10013

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    After running some errands on Saturday night, my 4 year old son and I decided to give this place a try. I didn't know it had even opened yet. When we walked in, they told us that it was their "dry run" on a pre opening...and everything was free. They gave us a choice of one sandwich, a side and a drink. I was pleasantly surprised, as I wasn't expecting much more than any other chain, "cookie cutter" restaurants. It reminded me of a mix of Panera and Mcalisters Deli. (Although, I hate Mcalisters) So, for what it is.....the food was good...especially for free.

Name:	Food1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	10012

Name:	Food3.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	10013
    Thanks a lot for letting us know on Monday & not on Saturday. A-hole (jk).

I went by today to try it out and the line was out of the door. I was on limited time, so I had to leave, but early reports are very positive. I'll try again tomorrow.

Thread Information