Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DQ coming to Del City

Default DQ coming to Del City

My buddy the mayor of Del City just posted this on his face books.

OKAY ITS OFFICIAL- DQ IS COMING TO DEL CITY. We received plans today to construct a new Dairy Queen to be located just west of the On Cue on SE 29th west of Sooner.....

Default Re: DQ coming to Del City

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    My buddy the mayor of Del City just posted this on his face books. Del City is on a winning streak here lately.
    My first job was at a Dairy Queen on SE44th and Sunnylane - across the street from Del City (44th being the dividing line).

Also The Garage will be opening in I think six weeks by the new Ted's (I-40 and Sooner).

Man!!!! You beat me to it!!!!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Also The Garage will be opening in I think six weeks by the new Ted's (I-40 and Sooner).
    Oh, I hope so!!!!!

Sweet cant wait to get a Blizzard. Also and this may be a dumb question but what is the The Garage?

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles_07 View Post
    Sweet cant wait to get a Blizzard. Also and this may be a dumb question but what is the The Garage?
    The Garage is a wonderful burger restaurant. It is currently located on I-240 near Western at the old Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. There are also other location's in Norman and Edmond as well.
    It would be great to have The Garage in Del City too along with DQ. I would never have to leave Del City to go out again.

Hal Smith burger joint. Meh.

9. Default Re: DQ coming to Del City

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Hal Smith burger joint. Meh.
    About how I feel about it these days. When the one in Norman first opened I thougt it was ok but the newer locations I've been unimpressed with. I can say the same for S&B.

If you don't want to wait, you can always go to Moore. It's been open for a few months now.

11. Default Re: DQ coming to Del City

I drove by there yesterday and noticed the for sale sign is still up on both that lot, and the one across the creek. May I ask how we know its official?

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I drove by there yesterday and noticed the for sale sign is still up on both that lot, and the one across the creek. May I ask how we know its official?
    Because the del city mayor said so. I assume he knows.

13. Default Re: DQ coming to Del City

Not that is means anything, but the assessor's site still shows it as vacant unpurchased land.

14. Default Re: DQ coming to Del City

Plans revealed for new metro Dairy Queen | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com

MFracas84 Guest

Another way we know it is official is because the Mayor himself posted it on his Facebook page.

16. Default Re: DQ coming to Del City

Yeah well the mayor also said Olive Garden was coming to the first design of the I-40/Sooner development before that got all screwed up too. I'll trust it when I see the land purchase, not social media.

Yeah well the mayor also said Olive Garden was coming to the first design of the I-40/Sooner development before that got all screwed up too. I'll trust it when I see the land purchase, not social media.
    Fair enough and point taken. Have to wait and see.

In retrospect, that might end up having been a really good thing.

DQ Opening on October 11th

Grand opening set for Del City Dairy Queen
    Restaurant marks another redevelopment success for Del City
    Thursday, October 02, 2014 4:38 PM

DEL CITY, OK – An October 11th Grand Opening has been set for the new Dairy Queen at 5400 SE 29th Street in Del City.

This restaurant will be the second Dairy Queen in the Oklahoma City metro, following the very successful Moore location. Like the Moore restaurant, this Dairy Queen is branded as a DQ Grill and Chill and features a full product line including food, ice cream, Orange Julius, packaged treats and ice cream cakes. David Jones, owner of both locations, has indicated that the Del City location features a number of high-end upgrades designed to create a welcoming environment for customers, including flat-screen televisions, an upgraded sound system and a large outdoor patio.

“The new Dairy Queen is another example of the City and a private developer working together to redevelop a previously blighted property” said City Planner Monica Cardin. “Just a few years ago, this property was a dilapidated, crime-filled apartment complex with significant drainage and utility challenges, but now it is a first-class neighborhood development” Cardin continued.

In anticipation of large crowds for the restaurant’s Grand Opening, City officials have met with Jones to develop plans for traffic control and other public safety concerns. According to Cardin, “this location is well designed to handle large traffic flows, and city staff from the Police, Fire and Public Works Departments are prepared to help with traffic control during the initial opening days.”

- Grand opening set for Del City Dairy Queen - Eastword News

I cant wait for it to open!!!!! But I think I might wait it out for a few weeks.

21. Default Re: DQ coming to Del City

That's awesome!

22. Default Re: DQ coming to Del City

And they said Del City had no entertainment value.

Quote Originally Posted by windowphobe View Post
    And they said Del City had no entertainment value.
    You want entertainment? Be the first person in the drive thru. Get a large suv, a bee suit and a sh*t load of bees. Fill the car up with bees and drive over while wearing the bee suit. Order your food pull up to the drive thru food pick-up window and park the car, get out, shut the door and run like hell. It'll shut down the drive thru for hours and people will get pissed and with the Del City crowd, who knows what will happen after that.

24. Default Re: DQ coming to Del City

Well that was random there Plutonic....had a few today? lol.

I expect parking lot to be poured this week. When I drove by last weekend, they had the forms complete and were basically ready for it. I think the building is basically done, just finishing touches, installing cooking gear, etc. So we should only be a few weeks away from opening. So note to self, avoid area for a few months.

Thread Information