Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyft coming to OKC

1. Default Re: Lyft coming to OKC

Anyone know why Uber doesn't operate in Edmond? They've ditched the mustache and fist pump (thank God) but won't operate in Edmond. Wonder why?

Default Re: Lyft coming to OKC

I don't know. It seems to me the first ring of burbs around OKC would offer a big market for the drivers of Uber and Lyft.

I don't hear much about these services here in Norman either. I also find this rather odd. A couple of social media savvy drivers should be able to do well, even without making Norman-OKC or OKC-Norman runs.

Maybe it will just take more time before folks realize not driving yourself has some true advantages, even if you are just buying grub and not going out on the town.

It's why I use Sooner Express whenever I can make it work. I can get a lot of little things done via phone text email rather than watch the brake lights ahead and the zoomers in the rear view.

Are LYFT drivers assigned their rides or do they have to accept the ride?

At the last minute we moved up my daughter's flight home from college because bad weather is expected. So instead of taking a shuttle from Greeley Colorado to Denver, I booked a LYFT which would get her to the airport with just enough time as to not be tight. (still cheaper than parking her car at airport all week)

The LYFT driver shows up and has an active UBER passenger in the car that he had to drop off before taking my daughter on her ride. Caused her to be almost 30 minutes late from the scheduled drop off time. My daughter says he was very nice and apologetic about having the Uber passenger in cat. Could this been not his fault or did he actively have to accept the new ride and was trying to game the system?

Definitely double dipping.

Had a similar experience with Double Dipping. Uber driver picked us up from our hotel and we requested to go downtown. She was very friendly but said she had to make a stop on the way. Went to another hotel, picked up two other passengers via Lyft and took them to the airport, then took us downtown. 45 minutes for a trip that should have been about 15. We basically told Uber through the app we were long hauled and they refunded the trip.

Unfortunately, at the time, there was little we could do and at the mercy of the driver. I think Uber and Lyft have done various things to improve in-app communication during trips to alert them of problems, including those much more serious than this.

7. Default Re: Lyft coming to OKC

Yeah. Not allowed.

IMO, both Lyft and Uber have made driving such a low paying job in recent years that the quality has gotten so bad that I don't take them unless I feel I have too and I'd never let a woman ride alone in either service (same drivers) at night. It's really gone down hill as of late.

I drove for both for a little bit. It certainly isn't what it used to be. Outside of peak hours they pay the federal minimum for vehicle mileage reimbursement. Its a clever business though, have a fleet of cars you dont have to maintain, and pay the drivers only what it costs to maintain their vehicle.

Wow.. i have never had that experience luckily. I wouldn't be happy if they made a trip during my trip and picked up others. I didn't sign up for a shared ride situation or side trips.

You do have the choice of saying, “No, cancel the ride” and then getting out and requesting another ride.

Blog Entries

Yes, and they charge you for canceling, though I'm sure in that situation you could get refunded.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Yes, and they charge you for canceling, though I'm sure in that situation you could get refunded.
    While I don't cancel often. I have never been charged. I think it has to do with your rating and how often you cancel however.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post

If it’s the driver who cancels it, you won’t be charged.

If you cancel, you report it in the app (very easy) and they either won’t charge you or they will refund it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    While I don't cancel often. I have never been charged. I think it has to do with your rating and how often you cancel however.
    I've been charged before ($5) on my first cancellation. I think you have a certain amount of minutes to cancel before they hit you with the fee. After that, if you change your mind it's on you. I'm sure if it was a situation like this though and you had a reason to refuse your driver, you'd get your refund.

Thread Information