Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Turnpike Authority

Default Re: Oklahoma Turnpike Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I am of the opinion that the weight of a vehicle should also be added into the calculation of taxation for road maintaince. The heavier the vehicle the higher the tax.
    Current taxes are generally based on # of axles.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Current weights are generally based on # of axles.
    I would like to see the registration fee that is renewed every year include part of the fee based on GVW. That information comes with the car. Even thogh they both have 2 axles there is a significant difference between a SUBURBAN and a CIVIC.

I would like to see something here like Texas has done with the i35-635 expansion. They have added express toll lanes that are priced based on traffic. If you want to pay a little extra you can, but if not you still have a toll free option. However it seems to me that doing that along I35 and I40 in the OKC metro would be astronomically expensive.

4. Default Re: Oklahoma Turnpike Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Martin View Post
    I would like to see something here like Texas has done with the i35-635 expansion. They have added express toll lanes that are priced based on traffic. If you want to pay a little extra you can, but if not you still have a toll free option. However it seems to me that doing that along I35 and I40 in the OKC metro would be astronomically expensive.
    Remember, i 40 was originally going to have express lanes. However, it was decided that it was better for flow to just keep it wide instead of creating a nested 4 land highway. We just dont have the traffic to warrant it. Once the I-40/I-44 junction is replaced and things arent squeeze down to lanes to cross over I-44, we'll see a lot of that afternoon traffic go away. It's really the last untouched mess. And of course, the city/state have decided to do construction on every highway at the same time during COVID so no matter where you go, there's something torn up, which makes it worse.

Drove the 80MPH section of the Turner Turnpike last Saturday. Huge improvement.

Widening the rest of the way to OKC should be a Priority #1 if the state is not going to pursue rail. It is imperative for Oklahoma to have ease of access between the two cities to compete with larger cities/states.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Drove the 80MPH section of the Turner Turnpike last Saturday. Huge improvement.

Widening the rest of the way to OKC should be a Priority #1 if the state is not going to pursue rail. It is imperative for Oklahoma to have ease of access between the two cities to compete with larger cities/states.
    the next phase should be the first 19 or so miles starting in okc toward tulsa ..

So about to Luther where the new turnpike junction is?

That would be nice but really the whole thing needs to be done sooner rather than later. There is a lot of traffic on that highway.

So about to Luther where the new turnpike junction is?

That would be nice but really the whole thing needs to be done sooner rather than later. There is a lot of traffic on that highway.
    19 miles get you almost all the way to wellston ...

i think that project will be paired with the next phase of the Kickapoo turnpike (I40 south to highway 9) once they can sell bonds again ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the next phase should be the first 19 or so miles starting in okc toward tulsa ..
    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    19 miles get you almost all the way to wellston ...

i think that project will be paired with the next phase of the Kickapoo turnpike (I40 south to highway 9) once they can sell bonds again ..

Oklahoma DOT and the turnpike authority announced that they are working on a 15 year 5+ billion dollar master plan yesterday .. that will among other things

3 lane the turner all the way to tulsa ..

finish the final section of the gilcrease to the north ..

extend the Kickapoo and kilpatrick to meet at I35
    Last edited by BoulderSooner; 12-08-2021 at 11:23 AM. Reason: edited to add YEAR

15-year?

Also 3 lane the Kilpatrick in places, and I'd guess that would be from MacArthur to I-40.

And yes to 15 years

HangryHippo Guest

15-year?
    It’s ODOT (partially).

15-year?
    thanks yes i added that to the post

Terrific news.

Also they have already started building an East bound exit to the Kilpatrick from Southbound Broadway extension.

Great news. I just wish they would work on getting a Northwest Loop and convert waterloo into a freeway

17. Default Re: Oklahoma Turnpike Authority

"extend the Kickapoo and kilpatrick to meet at I35"

The Kilpatrick already goes to l35. Is this an extension to go north towards Guthrie?

Edit: Nevermind, l found a free article explaining it is south l35.

https://okpolicy.org/in-the-know-sta...udget-process/

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    "extend the Kickapoo and kilpatrick to meet at I35"

The Kilpatrick already goes to l35. Is this an extension to go north towards Guthrie?

Edit: Nevermind, l found a free article explaining it is south l35.

https://okpolicy.org/in-the-know-sta...udget-process/
    sorry have the meet south of the metro

I also hope they include a full stack at Tidesdale and Gilcrease freeways

Is the Kilpatrick extension to I35 part of the plan to re-designate I240, or is this going to be a new highway?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Is the Kilpatrick extension to I35 part of the plan to re-designate I240, or is this going to be a new highway?
    It sounds like it is building out the rest of the 90s era Kilpatrick extension plan (which the current part only did somewhere between the first quarter to third of); in that plan the turnpike would turn south where it meets Airport road, continue south past the airport, then turn south east till around Western (60th in Norman), where it would then run east west and have a juncture around where highway 77 and i35 merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    It sounds like it is building out the rest of the 90s era Kilpatrick extension plan (which the current part only did somewhere between the first quarter to third of); in that plan the turnpike would turn south where it meets Airport road, continue south past the airport, then turn south east till around Western (60th in Norman), where it would then run east west and have a juncture around where highway 77 and i35 merge.
    Yeah I remember that. My house is just south of here, so curious if I should move now, lol. There are so many houses out here I have no idea how you route it without paying tons of money for property.

I wonder if the Kickapoo extension will extend South to HW-9 East of Norman or will it tie back to I-35 North of Norman?

Quote Originally Posted by macfoucin View Post
    I wonder if the Kickapoo extension will extend South to HW-9 East of Norman or will it tie back to I-35 North of Norman?
    i was previously told by some one at ODOT that it would extend to HW 9 then extend to I35 south of norman

Thread Information