Widgets Magazine
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Turnpike Authority

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Oklahoma Turnpike Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Do you know of any current timeline? I wish they’d start on the east to west connector and the Kickapoo south extension asap
    I’m really looking forward to the portion of the EW connector from I-44 to I-35.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    I’m really looking forward to the portion of the EW connector from I-44 to I-35.
    Indeed and I will be extremely happy once the proposed five stack at I-35 is constructed.

Do you know of any current timeline? I wish they’d start on the east to west connector and the Kickapoo south extension asap
    i know that there were several survey crews along indian hills rd from 35, to western just a few weeks ago. my assumption is that atleast this part of it is going to be one of the first projects started on...

Indeed and I will be extremely happy once the proposed five stack at I-35 is constructed.

Are there any renderings or drawings of the proposed interchange?

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i know that there were several survey crews along indian hills rd from 35, to western just a few weeks ago. my assumption is that atleast this part of it is going to be one of the first projects started on...
    I know several people along Indian Hills who have already sold their property to the OTA. Seems that the OTA is pretty confident that this portion will move forward.

There are signs up for road work at JKT & Lake Hefner. I doubt this is major work, anyone have some insight?

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    There are signs up for road work at JKT & Lake Hefner. I doubt this is major work, anyone have some insight?
    I think just some concrete surface repairs at memorial interchange with various lane closures as they work

They are putting in Texas Turnarounds at the Portland / JKT intersection.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    I think just some concrete surface repairs at memorial interchange with various lane closures as they work
    Yep. Nothing related to the Access Oklahoma projects as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Martin View Post
    I know several people along Indian Hills who have already sold their property to the OTA. Seems that the OTA is pretty confident that this portion will move forward.
    I feel it would be smarter to sell earlier rather than fight it. It’s going to get built. Just matter of where.

You fight it they might just buy your neighbor out and make a small curve in the road and then you end up not getting bought and a tollway in your backyard

According to the hearing at the OK supreme court the OTA attorney indicated that OTA is studying connecting state HW 62 to the I-35 South extension near Purcell. I'm sure it would be near the HE Bailey spur HW 62 interchange.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-24 152612.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	17670

Quote Originally Posted by macfoucin View Post
    According to the hearing at the OK supreme court the OTA attorney indicated that OTA is studying connecting state HW 62 to the I-35 South extension near Purcell. I'm sure it would be near the HE Bailey spur HW 62 interchange.

I’m sure it would somehow connect up to Newcastle/airport extensions. Would give a good bypass for traffic on 40west of town to 35 for truck traffic to bypass the city. Bet with all the warehouses in west okc this could be very beneficial and help relieve i35 traffic in the city.

This particular stretch seems very silly, 12 miles or so of highway that pretty much just parallels I-35.

This is a great route for OTA to expand and alleviate I35 traffic. I-35 between Purcell and Norman is continuously congested, just thick traffic at all hours of the day. When I was in the industry 20 years ago, that stretch of I-35 had the most debris removal (tires, couches, appliances) counts than anywhere in the state -- I know, very odd stat. But ODOT was called out there for such removal more than anywhere else and there were more object related accidents there than anywhere as well. Not sure how that stat is today. It also had the highest crossover rate until they installed the Brifen cable barriers. As for me, I would totally take that route out of Edmond around the JKT/airport then back to I-35 there using this connector during rush hour traffic trying to get down to the DFW metro for the weekend. As it is to get out of Edmond south on a Friday, it takes over an hour fighting I35 or finagling different roads and highways to get out of town.

Expect construction at the SH-74 Hefner parkway Kilpatrick interchange. Minor projects:

The finished $4.4 million project will add protected turnarounds on the east and west sides of the interchange to ease current traffic congestion and increase safety.
    - https://kfor.com/news/get-ready-for-...5OAhdgwzLCzqiQ

Quote Originally Posted by OKC B-Man View Post
    Thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC B-Man View Post
    Is there a map of this project? With the intersection of all 3 roads (HWY 74, Kilpatrick, and Memorial) where exactly are the turnabouts going? I would assume along east and west Memorial road under the Kilpatrick Bridge and Over HWY74?

Wow, just wow. I hope Prater looks into this and that Johnson is interviewed. Totaly shocked such chicanary would be going on under this administration

“Allegations of wrong doing by altering or modifying agendas following two OTA Board meetings based on a search of metadata are both ill-informed and inflammatory,” the spokesperson wrote. “The only modification to the documents posted to the OTA website was the addition of signatures, certifying the meetings occurred.”

In response, the spokesperson was asked why out of the last two years, only two months’ agendas show modifications after the meetings had taken place, and why it would take nearly four weeks to add certification signatures for the January meeting when it only took a day to modify the February meeting. StateImpact will update with a response when available.

While the January and February agendas do show the signatures of OTA Deputy Director Joe Echelle and Executive Director Tim Gatz on the meetings’ motions to adjourn, the motion to adjourn isn’t signed on any other agendas for the last two years.
    Buried at the very bottom of that article is in my opinion probably the innocent explanation for the entire thing. No other public meeting agendas in the last two years were modified after the meeting but also no others in the last two years had signatures added to the motion to adjourn. Assuming the latter is the reason for the former is a very short jump, but assuming that something corrupt is going on with no other evidence is quite a bit more of a leap.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Buried at the very bottom of that article is in my opinion probably the innocent explanation for the entire thing. No other public meeting agendas in the last two years were modified after the meeting but also no others in the last two years had signatures added to the motion to adjourn. Assuming the latter is the reason for the former is a very short jump, but assuming that something corrupt is going on with no other evidence is quite a bit more of a leap.
    yep

As the article also stated, OTA has not yet produced the original version of the agenda. It remains to be seen what else if anything besides signatures were changed.

The innocent explanation does not address this point that the article made. In response, the spokesperson was asked why out of the last two years, only two months’ agendas show modifications after the meetings had taken place, and why it would take nearly four weeks to add certification signatures for the January meeting when it only took a day to modify the February meeting. StateImpact will update with a response when available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    As the article also stated, OTA has not yet produced the original version of the agenda. It remains to be seen what else if anything besides signatures were changed.

The innocent explanation does not address this point that the article made. In response, the spokesperson was asked why out of the last two years, only two months’ agendas show modifications after the meetings had taken place, and why it would take nearly four weeks to add certification signatures for the January meeting when it only took a day to modify the February meeting. StateImpact will update with a response when available.
    There are plenty of innocent explanations for that too. Do remember that these files are getting created and managed by normal bureaucrats probably in some cube farm down on MLK Avenue. Maybe it was a new guy learning the process and getting it wrong. Maybe someone was out sick and so the first modification was delayed.

Considering that the files in question are named 25January2022_Agenda.pdf and February 22 2022 Agenda.pdf (I was curious so I tracked them down on the OTA website) I can promise you that their internal practices are at the very least sloppy enough to not have standardized filenames. Innocent inconsistency with how each meeting agenda is handled is entirely believable.

There are plenty of innocent explanations for that too. Do remember that these files are getting created and managed by normal bureaucrats probably in some cube farm down on MLK Avenue. Maybe it was a new guy learning the process and getting it wrong. Maybe someone was out sick and so the first modification was delayed.

Considering that the files in question are named 25January2022_Agenda.pdf and February 22 2022 Agenda.pdf (I was curious so I tracked them down on the OTA website) I can promise you that their internal practices are at the very least sloppy enough to not have standardized filenames. Innocent inconsistency with how each meeting agenda is handled is entirely believable.
    Good points and all are plausable. Only time and testimony will tell what actually happened here.

Here is an update to this topic.

https://www.normantranscript.com/new...c20dfd069.html
    ... is the second time Labarthe accused OTA of changing its agendas. In a motion to depose OTA employees Oct. 19, he included court exhibits alleging OTA had amended both meeting agendas.

The Jan. 25 meeting was created on Jan. 18 by OTA employee Todd Gore and amended on Feb. 13 while the Feb. 22 meeting created on Feb. 13 by OTA employee Jenny Johnson was amended Feb. 23, court exhibits indicated.

Cameron Smith, an information technology expert and Army intelligence officer, told the court he saw the article about the amended agenda allegations in The Transcript and volunteered to help Ward.

Smith, who also worked for the Air Force, is a contractor for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

After learning that two Norman residents listed in the lawsuit downloaded the five-page agendas, Smith said he searched for the original agendas using the “Wayback Machine,” a web tool that captures original internet pages before the pages are modified or taken down.

Pikepass.com now shows 47 pages, “which purports to be the agenda” for the January meeting, and 52 pages for the February agenda, his statement to the court reads.

“Each of these differs tremendously from what the Wayback Machine revealed, namely that each of these was but a five-page document as posted by the OTA on its website,” according to Smith’s statement.

Thread Information