Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
That's just false. Charters are public schools which are not allowed to discriminate. One can only enroll by being selected in a lottery or on a first come/first serve basis. Charters absolutely have to provide IEP programs. Now, are you going to have a profound/non-verbal spectrum student apply to a college preparatory charter school? Probably not. See Title 70, section 3- 136(7) of the Oklahoma Statutes. Link provided.

https://www.oscn.net/applications/os...?CiteID=104637

I understand what the statue stays...
Which charter schools have programs that actually address live pupils (some offer online programs) who are high challenged with mental deficiencies. How many offer programs like Learning Disabilities (LD), Educable Mentally Handicapped (EMH), Emotionally Disturbed (ED)--name which charter schools actually offer these programs...

Epic IIRC have on-line curriculum...

Oklahoma City Public Schools (I-89) offers these programs. Recall processing many transfers because some schools don't have programs--IEPs that address these needs... Putnam City has beefed up and addressed the needs of students with deficiencies; they provide in class instruction, transportation services...

Public School Districts today are being called upon to address needs of the individual high challenged students they serve. Some how large districts like OKC get a bad rap about the education they offer. Again, it's the responsibility of parents to be more active in they child's education.

Also, children are labeled who ride those yellow school mini-buses. I heard them being referred to as--excuse the expression 'Retard bus.'

Forgive me, don't want to get started on the emphasis we (Oklahomans) should put on education. Funding is essential, more important is to weed out ineffective teachers who are just there to draw a pay warrant...