Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas de Brazil

Large Chain Texas de Brazil

I heard on the radio yesterday that Texas de Brazil was going to open in Penn Square next year. Two thumbs up from me.

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/locations

2. Default Re: Texas de Brazil

That is the best non-BBQ dining news I have had in forever! Love some Texas de Brazil!!!

Default Re: Texas de Brazil

Yep!

Opening in Penn Square Mall 2015!
    Oklahoma City | Texas de Brazil

Wonder where they will go?

Oh no….oh no………oh no….

I'm going to be so poor and oh so fat :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Wonder where they will go?
    Didn't the mall announce expansion plans a year or so ago?

Not that I ever heard about.

Blog Entries

Plenty of pad site room north of Cheesecake Factory fronting Penn. Could do very non-disruptive construction and not take many useable parking spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Plenty of pad site room north of Cheesecake Factory fronting Penn. Could do very non-disruptive construction and not take many useable parking spots.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I dont see Pepperoni Grill or Cantina Laredo going anywhere anytime soon and Cheesecake Factory is always busy. I think this would be the perfect location for a TDB.

Not sure I'll ever eat here, but a great get for OKC! This is one of those places I only see mentioned in in-flight magazines (partly because the wife and I never seek out this type of restaurant), so it'll be cool to see OKC mentioned next to all the other big cities in their ads

Love this place ever since I went to the one in Orlando on vacation! So excited to get one here in OKC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting to bump this thread up and see if anyone knows what progress is being made on this. I'm impatient for OKC to have our own Texas de Brazil!

Their website says 2015 for Penn Square and I don't know any more than that.

Good for OKC, don't really care about getting another Texas Chain.

Don't know if I ever mentioned this but in the initial stages of the new ownership group taking control of the Mideke Building -- this was back when it was to be apartments -- Texas de Brazil had signed a letter of intent (or at least agreed to basic terms) for the ground floor.

Not sure what happened but then there was the announcement about Penn Square, so Mideke is definitely not happening now, as they will surely only have one location in the OKC Market, since that is the approach in even much bigger cities like Houston and San Antonio.

I would have rather seen them there than at Penn Square but either way I will take it.. I do enjoy going every now and then. there was that horrible place on NW expressway probably 10 years ago that tried to be a Brazillian Steakhouse but failed miserably.. and now its a dentist office..

I was always afraid to try that place on Expressway after hearing so many negative reviews like yours. Figured it wouldn't compare. I really like Fogo de Chao, but would be surprised to see both them and Texas de Brazil here in OKC, but you never know. I live up by Chisholm Creek and suggested on their FB page they try to get a Fogo de Chao... why not?!?

18. Default Re: Texas de Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFP View Post
    I was always afraid to try that place on Expressway after hearing so many negative reviews like yours. Figured it wouldn't compare.
    It didn't compare but it was hardly terrible.... The meats were lesser quality than Fogo de Chao or Texas de Brazil and the salad bar was minimal but the price was half of what you paid at the other two also.

They actually had a few items I liked better. One being the sausages. Texas de Brazil had changed their sausages last time I was at the Addison location and I did not care to much for them anymore.

I've got a call into the Penn Square people to determine where this will go and when construction might start.

They referred me to their PR firm who told me they had not officially announced this deal, even though it's on the TDB website.

So, they'll get back to me but it may end up being a "no comment" type of situation.

Understood. Thanks, Pete! BTW, I thoroughly enjoy this site and probably spend too much time checking it out. Just too much great info! 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the official response from Penn Square.

I suspect that they have struck a deal but are still working on some particulars. It's certain enough that TDB has it on their website, so I'm not too worried:

“Penn Square Mall continues to be Oklahoma City's premier fashion destination with more than 140 popular stores and restaurants. To meet shopper demand, we continue to enhance our retail and dining offerings. While we are not able to formally announce new additions at this time, we are enthusiastic about continuing to announce new tenants joining our celebrated retail, dining and entertainment mix in the near future.”

- Donna Berlin, General Manager, Penn Square Mall

So in the Nonna's thread it has been said this isn't a done deal? Very surprising considering this was announced back in March.

Read the post above yours.

Penn Square won't confirm, which indicates it's not a done deal.

When this announced didn't it first say coming to penn square in 2015? Now their website says 2016

25. Default Re: Texas de Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    When this announced didn't it first say coming to penn square in 2015? Now their website says 2016
    Yes. The Tulsa location was announced as 2014 and OKC was 2015...... Both have been bumped by a year on their website.

Thread Information