Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Happened to Mr. Spriggs BBQ?????

Default What Happened to Mr. Spriggs BBQ?????

Driving along Air Depot, I noticed that Mr. Spriggs BBQ is closed. What happened? That place was pretty good. Sign of the times, I guess.

Default Re: What Happened to Mr. Spriggs BBQ?????

I heard they are moving to Midwest Blvd. And NE 10th St., quarter mile north of 10th!

I live close to that area and I have seen a Mr. Spriggs van in a closed up shop on the East side of Midwest Blvd. a quarter mile North of NE 10th. I also have noticed a lot of remodeling and construction vehicles in that same parking lot!

4. Default Re: What Happened to Mr. Spriggs BBQ?????

They are moving to NE 10th and Midwest Blvd. Do not know the status of the new location.

Admit it. You sing the song every time you read Mr. Spriggs barbecue.

6. Default Re: What Happened to Mr. Spriggs BBQ?????

7. Default Re: What Happened to Mr. Spriggs BBQ?????

I know some people love it, but I wont miss it. I always felt like it was sub-par and had nasty sauce.

Didn't Mr Spriggs used to be on N Western back in the day in the same bldg. as Earls? Or am I thinking of another BBQ joint?

9. Default Re: What Happened to Mr. Spriggs BBQ?????

I don't remember what was in that location before Earl's and I don't remember Mr. Spriggs ever having a second location outside of Midwest City but you may also notice I included a lot of "I don't remember" along with this. So I really don't remember.

Mr. Spriggs used to have a second location on 10th near MacArthur, but that was closed.
    Mr. Spriggs is one of my favorite BBQ locations, but then again, I like almost ANY BBQ and am very forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I don't remember what was in that location before Earl's and I don't remember Mr. Spriggs ever having a second location outside of Midwest City but you may also notice I included a lot of "I don't remember" along with this. So I really don't remember.
    Well there was a BBQ joint there before Earls ruined err I mean moved in ......the name escapes me though.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Didn't Mr Spriggs used to be on N Western back in the day in the same bldg.
    as Earls? Or am I thinking of another BBQ joint?
    Leo's BBQ was located on N. Western where the Gridiron Drive In was. Not
    sure if it's the same location.

13. Default Re: What Happened to Mr. Spriggs BBQ?????

I only rode past that building once a week for 8 years when I mowed yards with my dad in NH but I am totally drawing a blank.

Prunepicker mentioning Leo's being there at one time does seem to ring a bell.

Is this in the shopping center on the NE corner or somewhere further up. I would think the old Pizza Hut building would be good for them. Then again it looks like somebody is living there (old Pizza Hut).

15. Default Re: What Happened to Mr. Spriggs BBQ?????

Quote Originally Posted by MWCGuy View Post
    Is this in the shopping center on the NE corner or somewhere further up.
    I haven't driven over there to check it out myself yet. I assumed they would be moving into the old Pizza Hut but do not know for sure the exact location.

I didn't even know they were moving until we pulled into the parking lot on the first day of the OKC Broken Rib Tour and saw the sign.

PP and Achilleslastand,
    Before Earl's it was Leo's, but I'm pretty sure it was owned by his (ex)wife. I think it was an attempt to reconcile before the actual divorce occurred. But it was very good and everything was just like 36th and Kelly. My company on Lincoln blvd had relocated and we were close to this location.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    Leo's BBQ was located on N. Western where the Gridiron Drive In was. Not
    sure if it's the same location.

17. Default Re: What Happened to Mr. Spriggs BBQ?????

Soo.... i'm surprised no one has posted on here anything about seeing the "Mr. Spriggs" van on Air Depot next to Apple Medical. There are people there working late at night and seeing through the door it looks like tables and chairs. Maybe they're coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    PP and Achilleslastand,
    Before Earl's it was Leo's, but I'm pretty sure it was owned by his (ex)wife. I think it was an attempt to reconcile before the actual divorce occurred. But it was very good and everything was just like 36th and Kelly. My company on Lincoln blvd had relocated and we were close to this location.
    C. T.
    Yep, after the divorce Feedie got the N Western location and renamed it Feedie's before it closed, she still bought the sauce from Leo. That building was vacant for a few years before Earl's opened up. Charles (the son) opened up another Leo's location around the same time as Earl's on N Western just north of the grocery store (Kennard's I think) north of Wilshire, it wasn't open very long. I saw Feedie occasionally at the 36th & Kelly location not long after we moved to Austin in 2003.

There also use to be a Mr Spriggs BBQ location about 15 years ago or more at 36th and N May avenue in the strip mall next to Duncan Donuts. .I use to eat there several times a week!. I don't really like my choices of BBQ in my neighborhood currently. I sure wish I could find something I love close by!

any suggestions?

20. Default Re: What Happened to Mr. Spriggs BBQ?????

Oops LOL. YouTube was already posted.

Bluedogok,
    Charles also opened a store in Edmond on 2nd street, just East of Bryant Square, a strip mall. I believe it was the first store on the West end. It wasn't there very long, probably less than a year.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Yep, after the divorce Feedie got the N Western location and renamed it Feedie's before it closed, she still bought the sauce from Leo. That building was vacant for a few years before Earl's opened up. Charles (the son) opened up another Leo's location around the same time as Earl's on N Western just north of the grocery store (Kennard's I think) north of Wilshire, it wasn't open very long. I saw Feedie occasionally at the 36th & Kelly location not long after we moved to Austin in 2003.

Mr. Sprigg's BBQ has reopened at their new location on Air Depot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Mr. Sprigg's BBQ has reopened at their new location on Air Depot.
    Can we get them to start repairing the greatest commercial of all time?

Closed ... went by there on Monday evening @ 7PM ... locked up tighter than a drum

some smaller restaurants are closed sundays and mondays, so it could be that. -M

Thread Information