Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: OU football 2014

Default Re: OU football 2014

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    In those situations, you simply walk away. She couldn't have done much to Mixon. The answer was NOT to punch her out. That's rarely the answer to things in life.
    I don't necessarily agree that she couldn't have done much. She could easily break his nose or even scar his face with her fingernails if he just sits there and takes a few shots. But, he should definitely just get out of there without violence.

IF (BIG IF) this girl started it and attacked him (spit/fists/threw a glass at him/whatever), then I don't feel bad for her at all (even though the result was excessive). If he had time to settle himself and throw a punch, he deserves major punishment. If he just swung his arms/hands trying to get her off of him and caught her with an elbow or something, then I don't think he deserves any punishment at all.

We just need to see the video. It's an unfortunate situation. A guy's life is ruined and a woman got beat up pretty badly in an incident that could have been avoided by both parties (I'm assuming both parties are at fault).

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    My stepson knows a former employee at Pickelmans. He was told this from this connection who I presume got it from current Pickelman employees. This is just the rumor going around, not fact. But it's more than just from Mixon's attorney.
    Supposedly the video shows him pushing her away and hitting her face on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Supposedly the video shows him pushing her away and hitting her face on the table.
    Yep, a lot of 3rd and 4th hand info out there floating around.

If he just pushed her away, and any injuries she has are just a result of her hitting her face as she drunkenly falls down, then he should be reinstated as soon as that information becomes public. A lot of people will owe him an apology as well. It should in no way affect his status with the team or the university.

There's also eye witness info that he punched her in the face and some are trying everything in the book to keep the video from being released. Lets see the video. If he pushed her away and she fell and hurt herself then there's no reason to keep the video from the public eye because that is not assault. On the other hand.....

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    There's also eye witness info that he punched her in the face and some are trying everything in the book to keep the video from being released. Lets see the video. If he pushed her away and she fell and hurt herself then there's no reason to keep the video from the public eye because that is not assault. On the other hand.....
    Who are these eye witness's?

At least according to this attorney, this isn't a conspiracy theory as you claim: Mike Strain: What's taking so long in the case of Sooners' Joe Mixon? A prosecutor offers insight - Tulsa World: Homepage1

On releasing the video

I asked Drummond about when the video might be released. He said he wouldn’t release video evidence to anyone outside his office and police investigators until he had to.

“I’m not showing it to anybody else. I’m just not going to,” he said.

There are a couple of reasons for that.

1) Drummond said prosecutors are ethically bound to provide a fair trial. Releasing evidence – whether a video, a confession, DNA – can compromise the ability to provide that fair trial. Jury pools can be tainted.

2) I asked him specifically about the case at OU, and how that video could help school officials determine Mixon’s playing future. Drummond wouldn’t discuss the specifics of that case, but he said if he showed evidence, it would create a problem.

“As a prosecutor, it would not be appropriate to release evidence to a third party. I’m supposed to be independent,” Drummond said. “It’s not going outside our office. Only law enforcement and prosecutors are going to see it.”
    I wish we could just close this thread. Everyone continues speculation based on rumors and theories. Things will be clearer in time.

I found this to be interesting since I heard Dean Blevins say recently on the Sports Animal that he was sure he would never play a down at OU. That could be true but why would he be hanging around so close?

Oklahoma football notebook: Joe Mixon watches OU scrimmage from sideline | News OK

9. Default Re: OU football 2014

Was he sure or was he just...say...70/30?

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Was he sure or was he just...say...70/30?
    He didn't say sure. He just said he would never play a down.

[QUOTE=ljbab728;818889]I found this to be interesting since I heard Dean Blevins say recently on the Sports Animal that he was sure he would never play a down at OU. That could be true but why would he be hanging around so close?

Blevins says all kinds of stuff anymore, but he's got an opinion like everyone else I guess.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Bellaboo;818894]
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I found this to be interesting since I heard Dean Blevins say recently on the Sports Animal that he was sure he would never play a down at OU. That could be true but why would he be hanging around so close?

Blevins says all kinds of stuff anymore, but he's got an opinion like everyone else I guess.
    Blevins is a bottom feeder. He wants to be credited for that early release on a breaking news story. He risks what little credibility he has accumulated.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Has there been any more news on the Mixon situation?

Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    Has there been any more news on the Mixon situation?
    Yesterday it was reported that the woman involved will not talk to the Norman police.

Usually when a victim refuses to talk it means they have received hush money.

16. Default Re: OU football 2014

Or wasn't being truthful?

Riiiiiight.

I can't say that's the silliest thing I have ever seen on this site, but it is right up there.

Usually when someone is refusing to talk to the police, it means there is either a level of distrust for law enforcement or the person has decided, independently or with guidance from a trusted source, to not participate in an interview.

Frankly, depending on the interviewer, the line between victim interview and suspect interrogation can be razor thin.

It is not uncommon for victims of sexual assault to decide to move on with their lives then constantly re-live the traumatic experience in the public eye.

Lol lol that's just funny.

RE: Subliminal Allusion to Hush Money (as a factor involving sports)

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I can't say that's the silliest thing I have ever seen on this site, but it is right up there.

Usually when someone is refusing to talk to the police, it means there is either a level of distrust for law enforcement or the person has decided, independently or with guidance from a trusted source, to not participate in an interview.

Frankly, depending on the interviewer, the line between victim interview and suspect interrogation can be razor thin.
    This could possibly surpass the levels of silliness previously attained . . . or not.

And, if it is referred to as "hush money" someone is liable to get slapped up side the head.
    Without a helmet. (or a tinfoil liner)

23. Default Re: OU football 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Yesterday it was reported that the woman involved will not talk to the Norman police.
    You realize she has outstanding warrants and has violated her prior plea agreements, correct?

24. Default Re: OU football 2014

nm
    Last edited by John; 08-14-2014 at 12:33 PM. Reason: double post

25. Default Re: OU football 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    It is not uncommon for victims of sexual assault to decide to move on with their lives then constantly re-live the traumatic experience in the public eye.
    There was nothing sexual about this...

Just drunk kids in a sandwich shop after the bars closed.

Thread Information