1. Default Re: OU football 2014

LOL Boulderspeak

Default Re: OU football 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    LOL Boulderspeak
    Laugh it up.

Oklahoma's Bob Stoops getting new contract; new $5M man? - CBSSports.com

An enhanced contract for Oklahoma's Bob Stoops will go before the school's board of regents Wednesday, pushing the Sooners coach closer to the top of highest-paid coaches, CBSSports.com has learned.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Still several targets out there
    According to Hale KREF ….OU will not be signing a new QB in the next class but just offered 2 QB’s for the 2016 class….

5. Default Re: OU football 2014

Stash this for the OU Football 2025 thread

Oklahoma to Play Michigan in 2025, 2026 - Oklahoma Sooners

Very cool!

I try to go to one big road game ever couple of years and would love to see a game in Ann Arbor.

I had great trips to Oregon and Notre Dame and may go to Tennessee.

Lots of great opponents coming up; had forgotten about Ohio State and Army. I've heard West Point is very cool.

Year Opponent
    2014 Tennessee
    2015 at Tennessee
    2016 Ohio State
    2017 at Ohio State
    2018 UCLA
    2018 Army
    2019 at UCLA
    2020 at Army
    2021 Nebraska
    2022 at Nebraska
    2025 Michigan
    2026 at Michigan
    TBA LSU
    TBA at LSU

The at Army game is to be played at Yankee Stadium, I think.

Edit: I'm wrong

If anyone is curious what dates have been set and that sort of thing, check out soonerstats.com. There is a football tab and if you click on future seasons, it will show you what they have so far.

Stoops really ripped Saban here; glad to see it. Saban and the SEC's superiority complex is sickening.

Oklahoma Sooners' Bob Stoops bashes Nick Saban's 'consolation' remark - ESPN

Blog Entries

OU Re: OU football 2014

Bob Stoops has not only gotten into Saban head, but under his skin. Way to go Bob, play the mental-psych game; because when you keep the leader in doubt and second guessing--you erode his confidence which causes the dominoes to fall--as the game progressed, it was obvious that it became contagious. Eric Striker did it to Cyrus Kouandjio, he outmaneuvered him to disrupt Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron's rhythm.

The SEC's impressive record speaks for itself with the number of National Championships that conference has won in the last nine years. What did OU have to lose? Sooners were a two touchdown underdog to the Crimson Tide; however the tide changed. A two-touchdown Sugar Bowl win over Alabama who many thought should have been in that National Championship game against Florida State.

Bob Stoops knows that mega egos like that of Saban can be challenged. Love Stoops' philosophy about excuses; he held Saban's feet to the fire.

Former members Texas A & M and Missouri's addition to the SEC was a sample of the Big 12's strength.

Bob Stoops snaps at Nick Saban:
    "They didn't look like it was a consolation game on that first drive when they scored a touchdown and everyone thought they were going to rout us," the Oklahoma coach said. "I've been in plenty of those [non-national title games]. We've played in a bunch of national championship games, right? ... That's a good one.
    Oklahoma Sooners' Bob Stoops bashes Nick Saban's 'consolation' remark - ESPN

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Saban's not the only one showing signs of being a teensy bit unhinged after the Sugar Bowl:

Sorry, Bob Stoops, but Nick Saban's contract makes the Sugar Bowl an exhibition game | AL.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerguy View Post
    Saban's not the only one showing signs of being a teensy bit unhinged after the Sugar Bowl:

Sorry, Bob Stoops, but Nick Saban's contract makes the Sugar Bowl an exhibition game | AL.com
    There are honestly so many things wrong with that article, I don't know where to begin.

I think the entire concept of coaching compensation packages that include big financial incentives for this or that bowl game, conference title, national title, etc. is completely wrong and should be banned. Of course, it's all about $$$$ now in college football and they would laugh at that suggestion. The whole compensation strategy, with those "incentives," is one big temptation. Too much for most human beings to deal with. Student athletes? The college game needs a major overhaul so we can bring the whole rotten business into the open and quit pretending that grades (for example) have anything to do with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by codyt View Post
    There are honestly so many things wrong with that article, I don't know where to begin.
    Agree!

That pales in comparison to your typical Mother Goose rhymes; All the King's Horses and All the King's Men...

If that were the case, Saban should have kept his hips at home...

No coach gets a pass for his team getting outplayed; flipped on their backs with their legs up in the air and hog tied to a stripper's pole.

Do the math and don't forget to add LSU 21, Oklahoma 14 in 2003's national championship extravaganza.
    Yes, do the math. LSU had the luxury of playing Oklahoma in their own back yard, New Orleans. Did Bob Stoops make any excuses? Alabama just got cobbed.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Sports radio is reporting on a possible aggravated assault(no charges-yet) involving OU FB player. Allegedly happened at 2:30 am this morning on Campus Corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Sports radio is reporting on a possible aggravated assault(no charges-yet) involving OU FB player. Allegedly happened at 2:30 am this morning on Campus Corner.
    It's Joe Mixon, the 5 star Freshman RB

Man oh man

Is having a football program worth the violence against women?

This is far more serious than I realized. The young lady says she has four broken bones in her face. Police report says, "apparent broken bones." This is too bad. If it is as she says, he's gone. With Strong down in Texas kicking people off the team almost every day for this kind of thing, no way can Stoops keep Joe Mixon if he assaulted this girl as reported. (The last two words being key.)

Quote Originally Posted by LandRunOkie View Post
    Is having a football program worth the violence against women?
    What a total non sequitur.

Here's a quote from Nigel Clay, former OU football player and rapist:
    "I don't know how to say it, but, bottom line, I just felt that sometimes, walking around . . . Well, speaking for myself and a lot of other people, we felt like we were above the law," he said, "like OU would protect us from anything."
    Seems like a high price to pay for winning at sports, to have lawlessness and violence against women.

Blog Entries

The Joe Mixon sequel will work its way through the due process system. Unfortunate that some of these guys come on campus and think that they are above the law.

I'm certainly no Longhorn fan, but I've been extremely impressed with the no-nonsense attitude Charlie Strong has brought to Texas. Watching him the other day talk about how he's not going to deal with that crap and if the message gets across that he won't put up with it, the less of a problem it will be down the road. It makes sense and frankly, it takes a Charlie Strong to do that. It's just one of those realities in today's society that Bob Stoops would have a harder time kicking them off left and right like Strong is doing because he woild be accused of racial profiling or some such thing.

edit -
    from Houston Chronicle

He expects his players to honor the five core values of his program, which he lists as honesty, treating women with respect, no drugs, no stealing and no guns.

"They break a core value, they're telling me they don't want to be a part of the program," Strong said.

Doing the right thing

Strong's strict approach has not only the support of athletic department officials and boosters but also the leaders in his locker room. Senior Quandre Diggs, a preseason All-Big 12 defensive back and one of the team's best players, said this week he would help Strong "weed guys out" if they weren't serious about their commitment to the program and its standards.

"No negotiating," Diggs said. "That's the way it should be."

That said, Strong doesn't view a lack of discipline as a widespread problem at UT. "Guys want to do right," Strong said. "You just have to lead them the right way."

Quote Originally Posted by LandRunOkie View Post
    Here's a quote from Nigel Clay, former OU football player and rapist:

Seems like a high price to pay for winning at sports, to have lawlessness and violence against women.
    And Nigel's ass didn't last a year.......FWIW

Listening to the callers today on the Sports Animal about Mixon, trying to defend his breaking bones in the woman's face. It is a sad state our society is in.

Thread Information