Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: OU football 2014

Blog Entries

Default Re: OU football 2014

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    Wait till the national media gets hold of Mixon tape punching the girl. Not gonna be a pretty site and along with the others Shannon/DGB it's going to get real ugly for OU. Can't believe they didn't cut Mixon and DGB lose.

So What?

Would like to hear the audio portion along with the video that was shown. It would certainly shed more light as to what happened.

I know that some of you wanted Mixon suspended from the team and his scholarship yanked. Understandably, society shouldn't tolerate this kind of behavior. He still has his day in court which could lead to more punishment for a young man who snapped. President Boren & OU have been pretty consistent when it comes to dealing with player matters. Each case should be weighed individually and on its own merits.

The national media goes after anything that is current. What Mixon did was wrong. Mixon has been given a chance to redeem himself.

The young man has been punished by the university; he still has his day in court. Until we hear from the courts; let's move on...

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    OU game is on pay per view only? lame
    They almost always have one PPV game a season to maintain their third tier rights.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    Wait till the national media gets hold of Mixon tape punching the girl. Not gonna be a pretty site and along with the others Shannon/DGB it's going to get real ugly for OU. Can't believe they didn't cut Mixon and DGB lose.
    Yawn, not surprised that you would say that.

Hey, anyone have a pair of OU-Tenn tix they'd sell for face? Prices right now are *ridiculous*. Some people seem to think Tenn is some sort of Alabama coming into Norman - this is a long-term second-tier SEC program that struggled to beat, what was it, Central Arkansas State (?) last week?

Prices have to get sane here eventually. They're higher now than they were for ND a couple of years back, and that was a MUCH bigger game

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Hey, anyone have a pair of OU-Tenn tix they'd sell for face? Prices right now are *ridiculous*. Some people seem to think Tenn is some sort of Alabama coming into Norman - this is a long-term second-tier SEC program that struggled to beat, what was it, Central Arkansas State (?) last week?

Prices have to get sane here eventually. They're higher now than they were for ND a couple of years back, and that was a MUCH bigger game
    What kind of price were you looking to secure tickets for? I agree that this is not a BIG game in regards to Championship implications, or a Top 25 matchup. Currently, Tennessee is a midlevel at best SEC team. But, they are still a blueblood of College football, so this ticket will demand a somewhat higher ticket price than most other non conference opponents. And FYI...you used an example of this game vs. Notre Dame game. The Tennessee ticket is $10 more face value than the Notre Dame was in 2012...so, that's $20 more/pair. You should be able to secure a pair down on campus corner before the game, no doubt. But if you want to ensure you have tickets in hand, before heading to Norman...you will probably be paying a premium.

6. Default Re: OU football 2014

It's the confluence of Tennessee fans, who travel very well, being 2-0 and desperate for success after a few years in the wilderness AND Oklahoma fans thinking the Sooners are worldbeaters this year. Prices have actually gone down a little in the past week. I sold an extra pair for $175/per on StubHub on Friday and it looks like the going price for the same seats now would be about $10 cheaper now. Honestly, just go down to the game Saturday and you'll still probably be able to buy for face or below pretty easily come game time.

7. Default Re: OU football 2014

Being in Norman last weekend there is a high level of excitement for this game. And officials have said that Tennessee is bringing a mass of people (whom I have heard are some of the most legit fans in the SEC). More than Notre Dame brought as well. I sucked it up and bought tickets in section 101, 20 rows up, for $140 a piece on stubhub. Granted they have been down but its still a nationally known team from the SEC with history. Sounds like they might wear alternates as well.

I found it strange that Tennessee isn't bringing their band though. And Stoops said OU is not wearing the alternates, but I wouldn't be surprised if, well, he wanted to make them a surprise.

$140, huh? I'm willing to $50 a piece. I think I'll get it... we'll see. I hardly ever pay over $30 for a ticket on game day.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I found it strange that Tennessee isn't bringing their band though. And Stoops said OU is not wearing the alternates, but I wouldn't be surprised if, well, he wanted to make them a surprise.

$140, huh? I'm willing to $50 a piece. I think I'll get it... we'll see. I hardly ever pay over $30 for a ticket on game day.
    I've been going to home games and just picking up tickets outside the stadium that way for thirty years, and I've experienced precisely the same thing. The early-week prices for this particular game have just been a little (well, a lot) surprising, that's all. Prices weren't quite so nuts like this even for the Texas Tech 2008 game, and I got in there for about half of face value. Heck, I"m seeing people trying to sell *endzone* seats for $350/$400 for a pair, and that's just goofy.

I'll be going down there Sat afternoon and just see what happens. I guess things could change, but I've got a lot of history on my side telling me I'll be able to snag a pair. We'll see

10. Default Re: OU football 2014

You'll get in. You might have to pay face or close to, but seriously doubt it will be over. All of the Tennessee fans will already have tickets in hand, and OU fans won't be down there to pay over face.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post

Sounds like there is a manufacturing problem with the alternates. Think they were going to use them, but realized at the last minute the manufacturer couldn't provide them in time.

It's a special game - no question about it. It's about the history of the two programs. The last time OU played Tennessee was in that great '68 Sugar Bowl that the Sooners won 26-24. Then, consider the two teams only squared off once before that - in 1939! If one considers history and the glory days of college football, this is a great match-up and one that brings back many a fall memory, not just about the Sooners and the Vols, but about college football period.

WOOHOO - Tickets obtained today, below face, right where I like to sit.

Think prices are starting to fall a bit on the secondary market...think some folks may regret shelling out $350+ for a pair of endzones before all is said and done.

14. Default Re: OU football 2014

Well, I can tell you that regardless of the outcome I won't regret SELLING two end zone tix for $350...

Blog Entries

The Sooners dismantled the freshman laced Tennessee Volunteers 34-10 in this past Saturday's nationally televised encounter.

Next year, it will be a tall order to dissect this group as we reciprocate with a visit to 102,500-seat Neyland Stadium in Knoxville.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

17. Default Re: OU football 2014

Fun game and glad I got to go. The Vols fans I came across were solid people and couldn't complement our hospitality enough.

18. Default Re: OU football 2014

Yeah, I talked with tons of Vols fans and they loved the trip and the way they were treated by their OU counterparts. That said, not looking forward to next year's trip. Tennessee figures to be a bear after those youngsters get some more experience.

I'm planning to go to Knoxville next year with some friends.

Should be a great atmosphere and it's great fun to go to games at the bigger college programs.

20. Default Re: OU football 2014

Oh, I'm looking forward to the TRIP. Just thinking the game might be a really, really tough one for OU. I love to see them tested; hate to see them beaten.

23. Default Re: OU football 2014

Well this play calling has been terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    Well this play calling has been terrible.
    Yep, I felt that happened in spurts last week too.

Well, up by 18 with 4 minutes left, it appears to be over now. I'm just glad to get this game out of the way. It certainly appears to be OU's most difficult road game of the year. Knight had an off game in some respects but Perine was superb in the running game.

Thread Information