Widgets Magazine

Thread: Corner of Harrison Ave. and NE 5th St.

Default Corner of Harrison Ave. and NE 5th St.

Default Re: Corner of Harrison Ave. and NE 5th St.

I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere in the past, but since I don't know what it is, I don't know what to search to see if it's been talked about before.

I've driven by this building for years and have always thought it was a neat little building with potential. Who own's it? Do you know if there are any plans for it? What's the history of it?

TIA

It's Rand Elliott's office.

I don't know anything about the building but the street view of that intersection looks like the least inviting place to walk. I can't imagine myself going from this building and crossing four roads to get to the Flatiron building.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    It's Rand Elliott's office.
    Does it still look like that street view or is there signage on it now?

6. Default Re: Corner of Harrison Ave. and NE 5th St.

Is this the building you're talking about?

If so, hoyasooner is correct that it is Rand Elliott's office. And if so, the building has realized its potential and then some. It was a grocery store/butcher shop dating back to the turn of the 20th century. At one point it was abandoned and gutted by fire. In the early nineties Rand bought it, did a loving historic preservation on the outside, and created a supercool modern interior before moving his offices there, becoming an early urban pioneer as far as our recent downtown revitalization is concerned. You should really stop by for a visit if the building interests you.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Is this the building you're talking about?

If so, hoyasooner is correct that it is Rand Elliott's office. And if so, the building has realized its potential and then some. It was a grocery store/butcher shop dating back to the turn of the 20th century. At one point it was abandoned and gutted by fire. In the early nineties Rand bought it, did a loving historic preservation on the outside, and created a supercool modern interior before moving his offices there, becoming an early urban pioneer as far as our recent downtown revitalization is concerned. You should really stop by for a visit if the building interests you.
    Yes, that's the one. It's a neat looking building. I'm glad someone has taken care of it and is using it. I can totally see it being a grocery/butcher shop at one time. I actually thought it looked like it could've been an apothecary at one time. Not a drug store, an apothecary.

Thread Information