Widgets Magazine

Thread: Crest Foods Reaches Tentative Deal in Yukon

Default Crest Foods Reaches Tentative Deal in Yukon

Yukon City Council Approves Frisco Road TIF Plan

In front of a full house of Yukon residents, the City Council adopted by a unanimous vote Ordinance NO. 1297 that approved the Frisco Road Development Project Plan and then creates Yukon’s first retail TIF District. Commonly referred to as the I-40 retail development corridor, the newly established project area and increment district will provide the public support and financial assistance needed to construct an interchange at I-40 and Frisco Road. The new interchange is viewed as being essential for several reasons, including: stimulating private investment, enhancing the City’s tax base, addressing traffic congestion issues, creating new jobs, and improving the quality of life for Yukon residents.

During the public hearing, Clint Pierson, representing I-40 Properties, LLC, provided the City Council with a brief overview of the development company’s interest in purchasing 170 acres located south of I-40 and west of the Integris Regional Hospital. Mr. Pierson stated that the proposed Frisco Road/I-40 Interchange and the creation of the retail TIF District was necessary for the destination retail center his company desires to build. Mr. Pierson concluded his remarks by stating that his firm had reached a tentative agreement with Crest Foods for a building site in Phase I of the Prairie West Town Center. The next step for I-40 Properties, LLC will focus on coordinating Phase I of the development with the City’s schedule for constructing the Health Center Parkway street extension.

The adopted Frisco Road Economic Development Project Plan will be funded with a portion of the City’s sales tax, use tax, and hotel occupancy tax revenue collected within the boundaries of the increment district. The proposed commercial development is projected to generate annual revenues sufficient to fund the required public infrastructure including the extension of Health Center Parkway and the City’s local share of the Frisco Road/I-40 Interchange.

The TIF District will also produce new sales tax revenue for the City of Yukon and Canadian County. In addition, the commercial improvements will increase property tax collections for the Yukon Public Schools.

The Frisco Road Economic Development Project Plan is one of Yukon’s best future development projects. Optimism, energy and opportunity inspire the best in everything we do. To learn more about Yukon’s best, visit Welcome - City of Yukon or call 405-350-4700.

Default Re: Crest Foods Reaches Tentative Deal in Yukon

Does that mean they're looking at adding an interstate interchange there (Frisco Road)? or will this go in closer to 10th St?

Frisco haha.... I wonder if Yukon will become the Frisco, Texas of Oklahoma.

I think most were hoping this was going in over by the movie theater.

HangryHippo Guest

By the theatre that has the deepest dug/least filled retention pond I've ever seen?

I was curious where this was copied from BTW. I haven't seen it anywhere else, and I was going to send the link to some other people that don't come the forum that are excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    Does that mean they're looking at adding an interstate interchange there (Frisco Road)? or will this go in closer to 10th St?
    I would bet nearer Frisco Road, Yukon's city limits start a half mile away from where Frisco & 10th meet (both north and east), so they can not collect taxes there. Plus if it is something that a developer is making concessions with the city to pay for, more often than not they get the benefit of that infrastructure. Though it seems like they might have saved a little if they could have coordinated better with the i40 rebuild, plus that bridge probably needs upgraded as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I was curious where this was copied from BTW. I haven't seen it anywhere else, and I was going to send the link to some other people that don't come the forum that are excited about it.
    Info was pulled from the City of Yukon's facebook page. There are also some significant columns in the Yukon newspaper The Yukon Review, - This Week's Issue - PDF

Plans for the Crest location were also introduced at the council meeting in Yukon last week. The new Crest location is slated to be 100,000 sq ft. Not sure how this compares to the other Crest locations.?

What happened to this project? Was a Crest Foods ever built in Yukon?

11. Default Re: Crest Foods Reaches Tentative Deal in Yukon

No. Pretty sure plans were done for it but don’t know why it was never built.

Well, that's an easy answer. As of this date, no, a Crest Foods has definitely not been built in Yukon and there are no firm plans, only rumors. The original location in mind isn't going to happen, for Crest or anything else for that matter, for several years. Yukon for some reason has said that Crest was demanding too much, even though absolutely nothing has been done regarding the Frisco project. If arrangements can be made to purchase the land (Crest does not lease) there are rumors one might go into phase two of the new Czech Village. Considering that location would be rather excellent for a grocery store, Crest better get a little more serious about it before someone else swoops in. Ask 7-Eleven what happens to complacent companies.

imo, looks like there is plenty of space for a big grocery store to the NW of the movie theater.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

What's wrong with the old Homeland location? Or has that been leased since I was last in Yukon (been awhile).

HangryHippo Guest

The new (old) city manager won’t negotiate with Crest and they walked away. It’s not happening.

It's not happening is a bit strong of a take when there's so much land outside of Yukon's control. Any store could build at the Czech Market and as it is south of NW 10th Yukon has no say in the matter whatsoever.

That said, was discussing this earlier as a tangent to a different but similar conversation. What started as a "We wish Costco would hurry up and come smack Sam's Club around" conversation turned into a "You know what would be cool? Costco at the Czech Village" conversation. So like I said earlier, Crest and WInCo need to you know what or get off the pot.

Just read an article on NewsOK that says Crest is looking to halt the new Edmond store and open open stores in Mustang and Yukon.

That f@cking sucks. Here is the article you didn't post: http://newsok.com/plans-for-new-groc...rticle/5591663

I can see the reasoning I guess as it was explaining construction bids came in over budget and they follow a conservative mentality of not using loans for construction of new stores. I guess stores are cheaper to build in the western suburbs, but it still sucks we will have this empty lot here and Crest was a decent get. I'm certainly not excited about the prospect of a Crest, but if it means the less likely hood of a Walmart, then I'm all for it. Good news is, Crest has said they won't be selling be the land which my optimism for quality projects in Edmond other than your typical stripmalls and home style office buildings mixed in with sh!tty tract homes galore is pretty low so at least they are somewhat committed.

Good for you guys out west, you need some more grocery options it seems.

113_mr_burns_excellent.jpg

I mean, sorry for Edmond, but they already have one. I'm guessing when they say two new stores, one in Mustang and Yukon, that means one in the area and then a second in an area TBD, not one in each, but it would be nice. Some of the employees at Walmart in Mustang are saying they are going to go all self-checkout 'soon' and the only other Mustang option is Fake Homeland with their Homeland prices and then 10% on top of that. So while building in Yukon would be fine, if they want to build one in Mustang I won't cry about it.

I AGREE...Edmond already has one while other communities have to settle for Homeland, Walmart or whatever. I hope the one in Yukon goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    That f@cking sucks. Here is the article you didn't post: http://newsok.com/plans-for-new-groc...rticle/5591663

I can see the reasoning I guess as it was explaining construction bids came in over budget and they follow a conservative mentality of not using loans for construction of new stores. I guess stores are cheaper to build in the western suburbs, but it still sucks we will have this empty lot here and Crest was a decent get. I'm certainly not excited about the prospect of a Crest, but if it means the less likely hood of a Walmart, then I'm all for it. Good news is, Crest has said they won't be selling be the land which my optimism for quality projects in Edmond other than your typical stripmalls and home style office buildings mixed in with sh!tty tract homes galore is pretty low so at least they are somewhat committed.

Good for you guys out west, you need some more grocery options it seems.
    I don't like giving the Oklahoman any credit if I don't have too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I don't like giving the Oklahoman any credit if I don't have too.
    Haha I feel that!

My suspicions are that Crest totally abandons this store. They will sit on this property until more is built around this area and this land becomes more valuable and then sell it. I’m not a huge fan of Crest but their new Fresh Market is pretty nice and on par with most grocery stores in Dallas and LA. I really wish a new upscale grocery chain would enter the OKC market. It would also be nice if Trader Joe’s chases after more expansions around the metro.

Crest # 9 is under construction in Yukon now. Walls are up and AC units have been placed on roof. Electrical starting soon. Looking at a Nov 20' opening...…….

Thread Information